Canteathorns 10-Feb-07
gcoleman 10-Feb-07
Hoyt_Man 12-Feb-07
tj 13-Feb-07
Sammy 14-Feb-07
09-Feb-07

Sammy's embedded Photo
Sammy's embedded Photo
I have lived in Jackson county all my life and have only saw one bobcat in this amount of time .Well this week a friend of mine killed 2 in snares another guy has caught 2 in traps I got one and my wife picked one up off the road that had been hit by a car all this week Check out the pic

09-Feb-07

Sammy's embedded Photo
Sammy's embedded Photo
I have lived in Jackson county all my life and have only saw one bobcat in this amount of time .Well this week a friend of mine killed 2 in snares another guy has caught 2 in traps I got one and my wife picked one up off the road that had been hit by a car all this week Check out the pic

09-Feb-07
Sammy, we have had one living in our neighborhood--at least he/she did for a while, haven't seen it for some time. I live in Kanawha Co. I have seen one while hunting in Pendleton Co. as well. We came home from church one night and I had accidently left my garage door open--our local bobcat took off out of my garage like the devil was after him and I found he had been into a bag of dog food. I have thought about what a neat trophy one would make but just don't think I could bring myself to shoot one for some reason. I would not eat it and don't like to shoot something just for its hide. I guess the one I watched one day while hunting entertained me and I identified with him as a fellow hunter/predator. For some unknown reason bobcats fascinate me--maybe because they are so secretive. Nice picture.....Dave

10-Feb-07
Oh, there is one thing I would not dream of eating but would shoot in a heartbeat--a coyote. Don't really know what the difference is but just feel different about those rascals....Dave

10-Feb-07
I have been after a bobcat for 2 years and still cant seem to bag one. I love those things and am finding myself becoming somewhat obsessed with it. I see tracks in the snow so i know there around where i hunt and trap. I think they are really neat animals and very tricky. I have only called one babcat in to my setup but didn't even see him coming he just appeared and when i went to shoot he was gone as quick as he came. But still trying.

10-Feb-07
Has anyone ever heard of a technique that involves snaring a bobcat and then using a pole and cable to slip over its head around its neck and then proceeding to walk on it until it is dead. My foreman is wanting to try this and I would love to have it on video! rofl.

10-Feb-07
Like Dave they fasinate me, I see tons of tracks and droppings around the house here on New River Gorge but in 35 plus years of hunting Ive only seen about 6 or 7 they are very common in WV but one of those things you will rarly see, you can set out on the cliffs at nite and hear them sometimes but rarly see them... maybe thats what makes them so cool? the ultimate hunter in my book...

12-Feb-07
Sammy,

Where'd you knab that one?

I remember the one that Sherry had? You had to have a welding glove on to pet it...

13-Feb-07
canteahorns.if your foreman tries that youll be getting a new boss.he will be like jerry clower in that tree he will need some relief and a very good doctor to sew him up.and you will want to video this cause you will win big money on americas funniest home video.

14-Feb-07
Hoyt man Got this one at Jim's place bev picked the one up off the road at Talbott's place

• Sitka Gear