HeadHunter® 05-May-07
Writer 05-May-07
valenzuela 01-Aug-22
Hot Hap 07-Aug-22
LBshooter 15-Aug-22
01-May-07

Writer's Link
Permanent Licenses for Disabled Illinois Veterans Week of April 30, 2007

Annual hunting and fishing licenses for disabled veterans in Illinois will now be issued on a one-time permanent basis. To receive the initial license, veterans will have to go to one of the veteran services offices. For more information on locations, veterans should call one-1-800-437-9824.

01-May-07
Do you know what percentage of disability this is for? Or does any disability qualify?

02-May-07
Veterans who, according to the determination of the Veterans' Administration as certified by the Department of Veterans' Affairs, are at least 10% disabled with service-related disabilities or in receipt of total disability pensions may hunt any of the species protected by Section 2.2 during such times, with such devices and by such methods as are permitted by this Act, without procuring hunting licenses, on the condition that their respective disabilities do not prevent them from hunting in a manner which is safe to themselves and others. 520 ILCS 5/3.1-2 The Fish and Aquatic Life Code [515 ILCS 5/20-5] contains similar language reguarding fishing.

The "free hunting license" put out by Veterans' Affairs is really confirmation that the holder has a service-connected disability sufficient to exempt him or her from the hunting/fishing license requirement.

02-May-07
But....on the other side of the coin.....

Is it for 100% Disabled Persons also--- regardless if "Service Related"? Or If they were in "The Service" and the disablility is NOT related to the time served in the military?

Where and How does one disabled 100% individual apply for a Illinois State Disability Hunting and Fishing License?

03-May-07
A qualifying disabled person does not need a hunting or fishing license. They need a Disabled Person Identificatin Card from the Secretary of State, showing the Type 1 or Type 4 Class 2 disability. They still (just as the disabled vets do) have to buy a habitat stamp, waterfowl stamp, deer and turkey permits.

03-May-07
Jack, I am a bit confused by your statement. The Hunting Digest on page 9, footnote (9) says that you have to be able to show a P1, P2A, H2, H2A classification ID card to hunt without a hunting license or fish without a fishing license.

My classification is P1A which I have understood to mean I must have a license. Could you please clarify this for me? Thanks.

A Type 1 is physical disability is a physical impairment, disease, or loss which is of a permanent nature, and which substantially impairs normal physical ability or motor skills.

03-May-07
Writer, I P.M.ed you.

03-May-07
Writer---can you e-mail me and share that info? (Thank's) I can't figure out where or who to apply too! I sent the head DNR person a e-mail off the DNR Site...but never heard back! I wonder if I will get a answer from him...or what I should do to find out this information some of us need?

I'm 100% Disabled! I'm a "Nam" vet (Army)! I'm NOT military related diabled though (past job)! Sooooo, what if any, is the difference on 100% disabled and also being a "vet"?....Does the 100% disability = the same then?...or not?

Is a DD214 enough to prove Military Service? Is a State of Illinois Handicap "driving placquard" (spl) and Circuit Breaker Approval Form (license plate discount, etc.) from The State of Illinois enough? Or, is there a "special form" someone has to obtain and get filled out by a physician and a Veterans Affair Officer? (Lot of questions)!

04-May-07
For the ability to hunt without needing a license due to disability, you need to either have at least a 10% SERVICE CONNECTED disability, in which case you go to Veteran's Affairs, or you must have a Disabled Person Identification Card issued by the Secretary of State that indicates you have a Type 1 or Type 4, Class 2 disability. One of those cards will exempt a disabled person from the hunting license requirement. IDNR does not issue a "Disabled Hunting License". You still have to buy a habitat stamp and any permits (deer, turkey). The confusion may come from the fact IDNR does issue a Crossbow permit to qualifying disabled people (different standards from the no hunting license requirement), and IDNR issues a Shoot From A Standing Vehicle Permit (where the requirement is that a person is unable to walk). Hope this helps clear up the confusion. If not, call me at 217/782-6814

04-May-07
Thank You Mr. Price!

04-May-07

Writer's Link
Here is the link for the application and more explanation of the types and classifications. I do not understand why a class 1A is not eligible for the free license and the class 2A is, as the definitions are practically the same, word per word.

05-May-07
Writer...it wouldn't open on our crashing puter...could you e-mail that to me please as a attachment?...Thank's....Herm

05-May-07
On the way.

01-Aug-22
Regular visits listed here are the simplest way to appreciate your energy, which is why I visit the website every day, looking for new, interesting information. Geometry dash is a fun musical background classic game. The player moves their symbol using input in the form of a press or hold, with the goal of completing a level by reaching its end point.

07-Aug-22
I do not believe that disabled vets need a habitat stamp. I have not had to buy one in the last 12 years. Hap

15-Aug-22
Disabled vets should hunt and fish for free. The least the state could do.

• Sitka Gear