Bowsite.com on Facebook
  • Deerbuilder Food Plot Website
  • Trail Cam Photos
  • Bowsite.com Elk Section
  • Mathews Solocam
Summit Treestands Mathews Solocam Carbon Express Arrows Moultrie Game Cameras Sitka Gear LaCrosee Footwear 3RiversArchery
Whitetail Deer Section Elk Section Black, Brown, & Polar Bear Section Moose Section Mule Deer Section Sheep Section Bowfishing Section Mountain Goat Section Pronghorn Section Mountain Lion Section Wild Turkey Section Caribou Section Hogs & Exotics Section Small Game Forum Africa Section Food Plots on DeerBuilder.com Bowhunting / Archery Equipment

Homemade deer cart...

Main/Big Game Conferences
forum rules Registration
PRINTABLE VERSION

EMAIL TO A FRIEND

Messages posted to thread:
yboocs 06-Nov-07
stagetek 06-Nov-07
SERBIANSHARK 07-Nov-07
Rustywreck 07-Nov-07
yboocs 07-Nov-07
ironhunter 07-Nov-07
SERBIANSHARK 07-Nov-07
yboocs 12-Nov-07

From: yboocs ........ No Violations Reported on this individual No Violations Reported on this individual No Violations Reported on this individual ....... Date: 06-Nov-07

yboocs's embedded Photo

Finished this project up a few weeks ago. I think I have a total of about $15 in the cart. The steel frame was all made from scrap my dad had on hand the wheels are from bikes from the junk yard. It folds down nice for storage/transport and is actually quite light.

From: stagetek ........ No Violations Reported on this individual No Violations Reported on this individual No Violations Reported on this individual ....... Date: 06-Nov-07

Hope it works well for you. Bought one from a well known manufacturer...as long as the terrain is flat it works well. ANY, bumps, rocks, logs, whatever. It tips over. The wheels should be angled, and the deer must be cradled. If it rolls from side to side...it will tip over. Hope yours works better than mine.

From: SERBIANSHARK ........ One Violation Reported on this individual One Violation Reported on this individual ....... Date: 07-Nov-07
THIS VISITOR IS CURRENTLY UNDER WATCH FOR DISRESPECTFUL BEHAVIOR

slick. real slick.

serb

From: Rustywreck ........ No Violations Reported on this individual No Violations Reported on this individual No Violations Reported on this individual ....... Date: 07-Nov-07

I like it. It beats the cart I have for sure.

From: yboocs ........ No Violations Reported on this individual No Violations Reported on this individual No Violations Reported on this individual ....... Date: 07-Nov-07

Thanks for all the advice...I have yet to carry a deer on it. I shot a buck a week before I made the cart. I've been trying to field test it since then but can't seem to find a doe that will cooperate. I will probably add a couple of ratchet straps to go along with the bungies. It should be pretty easy to angle the wheels if needed.

From: ironhunter ........ No Violations Reported on this individual No Violations Reported on this individual No Violations Reported on this individual ....... Date: 07-Nov-07

Carry one of your hunting buddies to his stand and back on it.:)That way he won`t get sweaty! Nice job building.I`ve built a lot of hunting related things myself(tools, camera stands, ladders,ect. The cart Idea has come up also.

From: SERBIANSHARK ........ One Violation Reported on this individual One Violation Reported on this individual ....... Date: 07-Nov-07
THIS VISITOR IS CURRENTLY UNDER WATCH FOR DISRESPECTFUL BEHAVIOR

something of that quality is around $200 at cabela's.

good work friend.

serb

From: yboocs ........ No Violations Reported on this individual No Violations Reported on this individual No Violations Reported on this individual ....... Date: 12-Nov-07

Well I finally got to try out the cart. I shot a doe(EAB) on Saturday afternoon. I really didn't need to use the cart because of how close I could drive to the deer but decided to use it anyhow. I was very happy with how it performed. I pulled it over some uneven ground and logs on purpose to see how tippy it would be and and had no problems.

Reply to Thread

Subject: RE: Homemade deer cart...

You are not registered - please click here to register now.

Copyright © 1996-2013 Bowsite.com
No duplication without expressed written consent of the author and Bowsite.com.

Privacy and Registration Policy