Rustywreck 07-Nov-07
yboocs 07-Nov-07
ironhunter 07-Nov-07
SERBIANSHARK 07-Nov-07
yboocs 12-Nov-07
06-Nov-07

yboocs's embedded Photo
yboocs's embedded Photo
Finished this project up a few weeks ago. I think I have a total of about $15 in the cart. The steel frame was all made from scrap my dad had on hand the wheels are from bikes from the junk yard. It folds down nice for storage/transport and is actually quite light.

06-Nov-07
Hope it works well for you. Bought one from a well known manufacturer...as long as the terrain is flat it works well. ANY, bumps, rocks, logs, whatever. It tips over. The wheels should be angled, and the deer must be cradled. If it rolls from side to side...it will tip over. Hope yours works better than mine.

07-Nov-07
slick. real slick.

serb

07-Nov-07
I like it. It beats the cart I have for sure.

07-Nov-07
Thanks for all the advice...I have yet to carry a deer on it. I shot a buck a week before I made the cart. I've been trying to field test it since then but can't seem to find a doe that will cooperate. I will probably add a couple of ratchet straps to go along with the bungies. It should be pretty easy to angle the wheels if needed.

07-Nov-07
Carry one of your hunting buddies to his stand and back on it.:)That way he won`t get sweaty! Nice job building.I`ve built a lot of hunting related things myself(tools, camera stands, ladders,ect. The cart Idea has come up also.

07-Nov-07
something of that quality is around $200 at cabela's.

good work friend.

serb

12-Nov-07
Well I finally got to try out the cart. I shot a doe(EAB) on Saturday afternoon. I really didn't need to use the cart because of how close I could drive to the deer but decided to use it anyhow. I was very happy with how it performed. I pulled it over some uneven ground and logs on purpose to see how tippy it would be and and had no problems.

• Sitka Gear