hitman 21-Aug-10
tradorion 22-Aug-10
spartan 20-Sep-14
05-Feb-08
Hi all,

Anybody point me in a good direction for a hog hunt in SC? Thank you

Tommy

12-Feb-08
From my personal experience, stay AWAY from Bostick Plantation and Waccamaw.

23-Feb-08
A guy by the name of Tony Thornley in Moncks Corner has started a small outfitting business hog hunting along the Santee River on some really good property. Do you want his number? If so, Private Message me.

27-May-08
I too have been trying to find a place to hunt hogs. One of the places that looked good to me was Waccamaw. Archer33's post get's my interest. What bad expreince did you have with Waccamaw? The 2 camps that you mentioned seem very different from each other. I've read nothing but bad comments about Bostick. From the number of people they bring through there to the population of game in the areas that they have hunted for years. Waccamaw appears to hunt less with less people per hunt. Thanks.

04-Jun-08
Stay a way from Trophy hunter lodge, Blackstock, SC. You might as well hunt in a big pen. There were three of us a we all killed pigs in about 30 minutes start to finish. I was disgusted.

06-Jun-08
along the peedee rivers, black rivers, and savannah refuge are some hogs....also a fair amount on bowhunting only WMA south of charleston called Donnelly. Hard hunting but good deer and hogs there but they will run and hide in the marshes all day once pressure starts.

keep em sharp,

ron herman

29-Jul-08
Try the Savanna River National Wildlife Refuge.

18-Aug-08
SAVANNAH WILDLIFE REFUGE HAS BEEN GOOD TO ME. ALOT OF THE HUNTING CLUBS HAVE BEEN BOUGHT OUT SO, THE LACK OF FEEDERS ON PRIVATE LAND HAS KEPT THEM ON THE OAK FLATS.BOW SEASON IS ALL OF OCTOBER,SHOT GUN ALL OF NOVEMBER.

03-Sep-08
Hunted with Black River Plantation 4 years in a row.Some years real good, some not as good, but overall a very honest outfit,nice cabins, nice area, good people.Stay away from Bostick Plantation!!!

03-Sep-08
Yesterday I was walking into my tree stand. I have been scattering corn in the area for deer. Not a lot of corn, just enough for deer to filter through the bottom. As I got within 15 yards of the tree, I could smell hogs. Unfortuntely, I know the old sour smell. As I stopped to scan the woods, there was a grunt behind me. Three hogs in the 150 pound range had come within about 8 - 10 yards. I debated removing the Primos strap I use to carry my bow for a possible close shot. As I stood quietly watching the hogs work their way closer, I couldn't decide whether to walk briskly to my stand (and risk spooking the hogs) or try to remove the strap and nock an arrow.

This decision evaporated when the lead hog made me. He grunted loudly and all three left. Following up on my second earlier choice, I preceded to the tree and climbed into the stand. Fifteen minutes later, the same three hogs were back with the larger one quartering slightly away at 10 yards. After I released the arrow, the old hog ran approximately 35 yards and fell. He got up but stumbled and fell down again. This time he stayed down for good.

I hunted the remainder of the evening seeing nothing else. Our club is eaten up with hogs. They have become a terrible nuisance while you try to hunt deer. Last week while returning (in the dark) back to my truck which was parked some distance from where I hunted, I ran into what must have been 10-12 hogs which were coming out of another river slough. I shined my flashlight on about five of them that were in the road between me and my truck (which was about 30 yards from me). The woods beside me were full of other hogs. Deer sign dries up when hogs are this prevalent. I wish I could trap them and send them to you guys wanting to hunt them. You can only shoot so many of them before they aren't any fun anymore! And any cameras you put up are usually loaded with hogs and very little deer. Any suggestions to make my deer hunting like it used to be before the swine showed-up? thanks, Bill

04-Sep-08
then lets get a big hog hunt on as soon as deer season is over in Jan through Mar and clear those bastards out.......just let me know when....will bring bow, .45 colt revolver or 45-70 lever gun...your call. LOL

keep em sharp,

ron herman

04-Sep-08
We'll see what we can do. Most of the club members stop hunting between January 1 and March 15. Would love to drop the population down. Problem is, they start breeding at 6 months and then breed 3 times annually. But we can try. Hope you like BBQ. Stay in touch.

09-Sep-08
yep i love bbq....and i know LeeSC likes to shoot some swine as well with bows, handguns, and leverguns.

if you want population control....i would like to get one with my selfbow...then will take all you want with handgun or levergun afterwards...LOL

keep em sharp,

ron herman [email protected]

10-Sep-08

Santee Cottonmouth's embedded Photo
Santee Cottonmouth's embedded Photo
More hogs on camera. This stand 65 pictures of hogs over a three day period. Deer have swam the Santee river and left the property!

23-Sep-08
yeah, we need to put a serious hurting on those swine starting 1 january unless the deer have truly left.....then might as well start in november. :D

26-Sep-08
I keep waiting for some explanation about the negative comment on Waccamaw, but at this point I'm gonna have to put it down to you-know-what.

I've been around Rick and his area and a few of his clients and don't see anything not to like. He knows his stuff, hunts a very decent territory and doesn't over-hunt hogs.

Brock---keep me posted...I see you are looking at 09.

All--I am up for any pest control you need a hand with. ;)

28-Sep-08
reason I mentioned 09 is most deer clubs dont like hunting for hogs during deer season..... I will hunt them anytime.....just being considerate of the club members and the possible host as any trampling through swamps or shooting will disturb deer....and it is afterall...deer season. :D

21-Aug-10
What are the hunting regs. on hogs. Season,limits, what license do you need for nonresident. Probably coming to santee area in late April ,early May. Any help appreciated.

22-Aug-10
for hogs (not considered big game in SC) all you need is a non-res hunting license.

they can be hunted year round on private property and some public lands have spring seasons on them.

20-Sep-14
Don't go to Waccamaw. Don't waste your time and money. Food was lousy, hunting was in repetitive stands, and that just the tip of the iceberg. You can find yourself being the but of jokes in the truck for no reason. This owner has personal issues that effects his business sense.

• Sitka Gear