onX Maps
ANWR Archery Hunt Dates Are Out
Texas
Contributors to this thread:
Thumper 17-Jun-08
Thumper 26-Jul-08
Thumper 18-Aug-08
17-Jun-08
This year's dates are out for the Public Archery Hunt on the Aransas National Wildlife Refuge. The hunt opens on Oct 4 for nine straight days until Oct 12. This is the longest running Archery hunt in TX where hunters just have to sign up for the hunt. To get a hunting packet with the information about the hunt all you have to do is call the Refuge at 361-286-3559 and give them your address. Hunter success has been running 20%-25%.

Hunters Can Earn Bonus Scouting Time: How???

As a permitted hunter be enrolled and attend the ANWR hosted I.B.E.P. Class or have already completed and passed the I.B.E.P. course. Hunters will be allowed to enter the hunt area for scouting and stand placement on September 20th & 21st from 3:00pm to 7:00pm. To gain early access to the hunt area each hunter just has to show their I.B.E.P. Card, Aransas 2008 Archery Permit, and Government issued Photo I.D. to the Refuge Law Enforcement Officers.

ANWR will be hosting a two day I.B.E.P. class on September 20th from 7:30am-2:00pm & September 21st from 8:00am-2:00pm. THIS IS A TWO DAY CLASS AND STUDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO ATTEND BOTH DAYS. To enroll and r.s.v.p. for one of the 24 spots in the class you must register by calling one of the course instructors(Chris 832-888-4798 or Danny 361-222-1152). There is a $15.00 registration fee for the two day class and each hunter will have to bring their own lunch as only drinks and snacks are available at the visitors center. Dress comfortable for outdoor activities and current weather conditions, boots are recommended. Enrolling and completing the I.B.E.P. Class at the Refuge is a great way to learn the ins-outs of hunting the Refuge.

HAVE A GREAT HUNT!

26-Jul-08

Thumper's embedded Photo
Thumper's embedded Photo
This is a picture of the application form for the hunt. You can print it as a picture and use it to sign up for the archery hunt.

18-Aug-08
One of the students who signed up for the IBEP Class said the Refuge told him there were less than 100 bowhunting permit application returned so far, this was Sat when he paid his money at the Refuge for the archery hunt.

• Sitka Gear