mstarrwilliams 29-Sep-08
Mr_Drayton 29-Sep-08
hardkill 29-Sep-08
longshot 29-Sep-08
Gibby_239 15-Jan-14
Swampbuck 15-Jan-14
Florida Cracker 15-Jan-14
29-Sep-08
did you ever get any info...i live in fort myers and i'm looking for a place to hunt as well...

29-Sep-08
did you ever get any info...i live in fort myers and i'm looking for a place to hunt as well...

29-Sep-08
Have you visited http://myfwc.com/ ?

http://myfwc.com/hunting/wma/2008HuntMap.pdf

Check out WMA's (wilderness Management Areas) close to your dad.

I'm Southeast in Palm Beach County or I'd know of some places.

Tell your dad welcome to Florida... And get him a Thremacell for skeeter control.

29-Sep-08
I like the Edison Mall myself. Tourist season opens soon and a feeder full of seashells attracts them like bees to honey....

29-Sep-08
Mr. Drayton is right. Follow the links to FWC website and start doing research. There are lots of WMA's with all different hunting dates, limits, antler requirements etc. I can tell you this: Florida does the quota hunt drawing in June so any area that requires quota permits, which is most of them, are out for this year. The only WMA's in Lee county are Webb and Yucca pens. I suggest you spend a relaxing weekend reading as much as you can and when you have determined where you would like to hunt, post again with specific questions and you will likely get some good help. As far as this season goes, any deer hunting is going to be a drive. The closest is probably Big Cypress which can be an interesting introduction to hunting in South Florida. Three Lakes also doesnt require permits so you may want to check that out. Everything is going to be some sort of minor road trip at this point. On a more positive note, a lot of areas have a small game season that allows you to take wild hogs which are lots of fun.

15-Jan-14
I have read FWC site and have most of it memorized...LOL...But I know we can hunt hogs year round, that is what I am looking to hunt, just not sure where I can/can't go.

15-Jan-14
Hogs can be hunted all year in private land, they are considered livestock

15-Jan-14
I have some places. Depending on what you are looking for . Shoot me a message.

• Sitka Gear