bigriver 01-Oct-08
Two Feathers 01-Oct-08
kurtinozaukee 01-Oct-08
gcwiklinski 11-Aug-15
Two Feathers 11-Aug-15
Jeff in MN 12-Aug-15
Two Feathers 14-Aug-15
30-Sep-08
Hey Everyone, I am a senior in college at Concordia University in Mequon, WI and have been quite frustrated at the fact that I have not been able to find a place where I can hunt here. There are so many deer around, but it seems nearly impossible to find places where I can get access to bowhunt. I am from the Antigo area up north and so making the drive up there every weekend is not really feasible. Does anyone know and would be willing to share some information with me on where I can start looking? I nearly exhausted every idea I can think of over the past 3 years and I can't stand it anymore!! I NEED to get in the woods!! I really appreciate anything anyone could share with me regarding Ozaukee and probably Washington county as well. Thank-you in advance.

Brad

30-Sep-08
PM sent

30-Sep-08
Try looking around the Cedarburg Bog which is north of Cedarburg and the Jackson Marsh which is east of Jackson in Washington Co.

01-Oct-08
There is a nice little public hunting spot on Hwy C that runs along the lake, north of Grafton.

01-Oct-08
All of the above and Lion's Den Gorge will open for archery after gun season - you need a permit from the town of Grafton.

Don't be afraid to knock on doors - don't be afraid of a "NO". It's one no closer to a "YES".

01-Oct-08
If you find a piece of property that you want to hunt use the Ozaukee County land office passport to show you property lines and identify the owner.

11-Aug-15
I know this is a pretty old thread,but I just moved to the Mequon area and was wondering the same thing. Do any of the above suggestions still hold true? I was hoping to find a local farmer that would let me hunt their land,but so far no luck. I'm partially disabled, so I was hoping to find someplace close to home. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

11-Aug-15
There is also some public land on the north end of Ozaukee county, west of Belgium by Jay Rd and Six Mile road.

12-Aug-15
Look at the people around you for someone that owns land in the area. Get a plat book (many are online now) and search for familiar names, someone from your church, someone you work with. Ask people you know if they know anyone that owns huntable land. I think the state park has some sort of draw for hunting during gun season which as you know now includes using a bow. I think there are lots of applicants so not an easy permit to get.

Good detective work finding this old thread to pull up.

14-Aug-15
gcwiklinski check your PM.

• Sitka Gear