Bowsite.com on Facebook
  • Deerbuilder Food Plot Website
  • Trail Cam Photos
  • Bowsite.com Elk Section
  • Mathews Solocam
Summit Treestands Mathews Solocam Carbon Express Arrows Moultrie Game Cameras Sitka Gear LaCrosee Footwear Minox USA 3RiversArchery
Whitetail Deer Section Elk Section Black, Brown, & Polar Bear Section Moose Section Mule Deer Section Sheep Section Bowfishing Section Mountain Goat Section Pronghorn Section Mountain Lion Section Wild Turkey Section Caribou Section Hogs & Exotics Section Small Game Forum Africa Section Food Plots on DeerBuilder.com Bowhunting / Archery Equipment

Oregon Bears....Hibernate?

Main/Big Game Conferences
forum rules Registration
PRINTABLE VERSION

EMAIL TO A FRIEND

Messages posted to thread:
Elksnout 29-Nov-08
Sir Zonkalot 29-Nov-08
Santiam 29-Nov-08

From: Elksnout ........ No Violations Reported on this individual No Violations Reported on this individual No Violations Reported on this individual ....... Date: 29-Nov-08

I would like to know if the coastal bears in Oregon hibernate the same as bears in areas that have snow and cold temps. I've never been able to find any info for this area.

From: Sir Zonkalot ........ No Violations Reported on this individual No Violations Reported on this individual No Violations Reported on this individual ....... Date: 29-Nov-08

I don't know the exact answer either but I can tell you I have seen bears out every month of the year while fishing along the lower Rogue River. It seem that whenever the temp warms up they get out and move some at least down there they do.

From: Santiam ........ No Violations Reported on this individual No Violations Reported on this individual No Violations Reported on this individual ....... Date: 29-Nov-08

Not much to eat in the winter months...Those that have a food supply, like garbage cans and such near town may stay out...

Those that done't,and thats most of them ,go to sleep until there is something to eat come spring..

Reply to Thread

Subject: RE: Oregon Bears....Hibernate?

You are not registered - please click here to register now.

Copyright © 1996-2013 Bowsite.com
No duplication without expressed written consent of the author and Bowsite.com.

Privacy and Registration Policy