Ron 01-Feb-09
bullfrog 02-Feb-09
ELFKING 07-Feb-09
bullfrog 14-Feb-09
Striker 04-May-09
ToddT 22-May-09
oregon boy 28-May-09
31-Jan-09
What are the laws? I just read in Colorado felons cant bowhunt? Can anybody tell me what Ak laws are. Is the no gun hunting for felons enforced? Can felons bowhunt?

31-Jan-09
I think it depends on the type of Felony ... for gun possession.

Don't know if it applies to Bows or Black Powder guns.

31-Jan-09
why are you a Felon?

31-Jan-09
IBIS why are you wondering if im a felon and yes i am

31-Jan-09
Grew 5 Pot plants 20yrs ago. I talked to a lawyer about it last year but no help

01-Feb-09
5 Pot plants are leagle in Alaska ...

You won't have a problem up here !!!!

01-Feb-09
Is it really that simple

01-Feb-09
Bullfrog, I would get me a lawyer. That long ago and I would think you could get it expunged.

02-Feb-09
Copy that Ron Thanks

07-Feb-09
it is my understanding; that due to the accuracy of in-line muzzle loaders; that the right of felons to possess them is prohibited; and it gobbled up any muzzleloader with the same brush.

I have not heard that the federal ruling that concerned this - effected a persons possession of a bow.

I really doubt it. If there are restrictions; they would probably be state rules - but I think it is a federal issue.

If there has been a rule to outlaw the possession of bows by felons is true; I would want to know about it.

I am not a convicted felon; but the first amendment does not prohibit peoples freedom of speech; or allow the protection of the the other amendments.

And despite your state laws concerning pot; the federal law super cedes the state law. You can still be charged for growing pot under federal law in ALL the states; and for possession - even in states where the medical marijuana bills* have passed.

*Pot is a schedule A drug - along with heroin. It is the only schedule A drug that was put on the list without the support of medical doctors.

14-Feb-09
ELFKING for Presidente

04-May-09
bullfrog good luck, contact Alaska DNR for clarification.

22-May-09
Im not certain if you are still following this post, BUT, if you are. I hate to tell you to just do it, because I believe the consequences are severe, but I have heard of some hunters who have had a previous drug related felony and they sometimes hunt in rifle season with no problems. The trick is to be as straight as an arrow, and not draw any attention, don't even get so much as a parking ticket while hunting. Good luck with this, and sorry for your problems - for what it is worth, I feel that the only reason to prohibit anyone from possessing a firearm is if they were convicted of a violent or gun related crime, but Im not the law.

28-May-09
federal law trumps state law. and BATF says felons CAN NOT be in possession of a fire arm at any time. Alaska state officials might over look it if they check you but a fed on fed land won't. or a state guy that smells a rat and can't find anything else to hang on you might flip you to the feds. unless you enjoy the fed pen, I wouldn't carry a gun.

• Sitka Gear