Send comments by mail to: Attn: Proposed hunting and fishing regulation changes Wildlife Department P.O. Box 53465 Oklahoma City, OK 73152
By e-mail (comment only, no replies will be sent): email@example.com
Please be sure to include the rule you are commenting on. Comments will be accepted until 4:30 p.m. Jan. 16.
2009-2010 RULE CHANGE PROPOSALS
1.800:1-15-1. General requirements [AMENDED] 800:1-15-2. Hunter education certification requirements [AMENDED] 800:1-15-3. Instructors [AMENDED] Brings rules in line with state law; provide more hunter education options; provide more options for certifying hunter education volunteers, sets up volunteer incentive program.
2. 800:1-19-1. Instructors [NEW] 800:1-19-2. Administrative requirements [NEW] Sets up a new Subchapter 19 in Chapter 1 of Title 800 for Aquatic Education Rules.
3. 800:10-1-4. Size Limits on Fish [AMENDED] Delete Optima Lake from 14 inch black bass length limit and add tailwaters to the list of lakes that have 14-inch minimum length limits on walleye, sauger and saugeye (Altus-Lugert, Ellsworth, Fort Cobb, Foss and Lawtonka, and Murray lakes). Add Lone Chimney to the list of lakes with 14 inch black bass length limit.
4. 800:10-1-5. Bag limits on fish [AMENDED] Restrict angler harvest to one (1) blue catfish greater than or equal to (>) 30 inches. Delete creel limits for northern pike and muskellunge; delete hybrid limits on Optima, Ft. Supply, and Great Salt Plains.
5. 800:10-3-5. of bow and arrow, grabhooks, gigs, spears, and spearguns, snagging, noodling and netting Add seining and minnow traps to the list of legal means of collecting bait for personal use. (Emergency effective 10-17-08)
6. 800:10-5-1.1. Definitions [NEW] Add definitions of “artificial lures and flies”, “barbless hooks”, and “glass beverage containers”.
7. 800:10-5-2. Department fishing areas [AMENDED] 800:10-5-3. Designated trout areas [AMENDED] (1) Prohibit the possession of glass beverage containers at Department owned lakes, access areas and designated trout areas except in designated camp sites and parking lots. (2) Make fishing “catch & release only” for impoundments on the new Cimarron Bluff WMA. (3) Allow cast netting for shad in the Lower Illinois River designated trout area for the south boundary of the Marval trout camp downstream to the Highway 64 bridge.
8.800:15-7-4. Mussel sanctuaries [AMENDED] Add Robert S. Kerr (Pool 15) of the McClellan-Kerr Arkansas River Navigation System to the list of mussel sanctuaries.
9. 800:15-9-3. General; operating provisions [AMENDED] Add painted turtles (western and southern) and razor-back musk turtle to list of prohibited species for commercial turtle harvest.
10. 800:20-1-2. List of restricted exotic species [AMENDED] Permit only triploid grass carp to be stocked in private waters.
11. 800:20-4-1. Purpose [NEW] 800:20-4-2. Movement of aquatic plants [NEW] 800:20-4-3. List of restricted aquatic nuisance species [NEW] 800:20-4-4. Penalties [NEW] Create a new Title 800 Subchapter dealing specifically with aquatic nuisance species regulations. Restrict the movement of aquatic plants between waters of this state. Prohibit the possession of zebra or quagga mussels in Oklahoma.
12. 800:25-1-3. Deer archery hunting on Little River State Park [AMENDED] 800:25-1-4. Waterfowl hunting on Little River State Park [AMENDED] 800:25-1-5. Trapping on Little River State Park [AMENDED] Change the name of Little River State Park to Lake Thunderbird State Park and Area B to Hog Creek. Provide additional archery and waterfowl hunting and define legal traps.
13. 800:25-5-49. Permits for permanent or temporary blinds [AMENDED] Allow the blind drawings to be held on any weekend as determined by the Department.
14. 800:25-5-106. General Provisions [AMENDED] Tishomingo Wildlife Management Unit: (1) Allow vehicle access except during deer muzzleloader and regular deer gun season. (2) Provide additional waterfowl hunting opportunity.
15. 800:25-7-3. General Provisions [AMENDED] Remove Black Bears from the list of protected furbearers, add blaze orange requirement for bear season, and add bear to list of game species which may not be hunted with dogs. Delete unnecessary reference to prairie chickens.
16. 800:25-7-12. Pheasant [AMENDED] Allow flexibility to set pheasant bag limits each year based on population recruitment. This will allow increased hunting opportunity in years of high pheasant numbers.
17. 800:25-7-16. Wild turkey – Fall; legal means of taking [AMENDED] 800:25-7-18. Wild turkey – Spring; legal means of taking [AMENDED] Delete broadhead length exception for archery fall and spring turkey hunting to make consistent with deer archery requirements.
18. 800:25-7-27. General Provisions [AMENDED] 800:25-7-28. Dates, open areas, bag limit, hunting hours and legal means of taking [AMENDED] 800:25-7-29. License requirements [AMENDED] 800:25-7-30. Facilities and inspection [AMENDED] 800:25-7-31. Taking provisions [AMENDED] 800:25-7-32. Prohibited raptors [AMENDED] 800:25-7-33. General stipulations [AMENDED] Significant changes were made to Federal Falconry rules which necessitate changes to Oklahoma Falconry rules. These rule changes are required for Oklahoma to be in compliance with Federal rules.
19. 800:25-7-47. General Provisions for Antelope- Archery [NEW] 800:25-7-48. Dates, open areas, bag limits, hunting hours and regulations [NEW] Open an archery season for pronghorn antelope in Cimarron County and that portion of Texas County west of Highway 136. Licenses would be sold over-the-counter.
20. 800:25-7-51. Deer-archery [AMENDED] Add language to allow for use of mechanical broadheads that, when fully expanded, meet current minimum dimensions of legal broadheads for deer hunting. Delete the requirement that broadheads legal for deer hunting must be 1 ½ inches in length.
21. 800:25-7-54. Legal Firearm Specifications [AMENDED] Add language to allow for use of mechanical broadheads that, when fully expanded, meet current minimum dimensions of legal broadheads for deer hunting. Delete the requirement that broadheads legal for deer hunting must be 1 ½ inches in length.
22. 800:25-7-56. General provisions for elk [AMENDED] Change would eliminate the requirement for providing written landowner permission and legal description of land for purchasing an elk permit. It would allow personal checks to be used to purchase an elk permit. (Emergency effective 6-2-08)
23. 800:25-7-57. Dates, open areas, bag limit and hunting hours [AMENDED]This change would revise wording on the elk bag limit and would open elk hunting in designated counties in northeast Oklahoma. (Emergency effective 6-2-08)
24. 800:25-7-62. Open Areas [AMENDED] Delete Black Bear under closed statewide.
25. 800:25-7-64. General provisions for furbearers [AMENDED] Delete incorrect language which reads “..and no one may possess any Oklahoma bobcat or river otter pelt without a permanent tag affixed to the pelt.”
26. 800:25-7-66. General Provisions for black bear [NEW] 800:25-7-67. Dates, open areas, bag limits, hunting hours, legal means of take, quotas, prohibited activities [NEW] Establish a black bear season in Latimer, LeFlore, McCurtain and Pushmataha Counties. Limited harvest of 20 bears.
27. 800:25-7-75. General Provisions [AMENDED] Increase the annual Land Access Permit fee to fund the New Cooperative Agreement with Hancock, Rayonier, and Weyerhaeuser Timber Companies. (Emergency effective 6-2-08)
28. 800:25-7-83. Beaver River WMA [AMENDED] (1) Change deer primitive season bag limits to allow for whitetail antlerless harvest. (2) Remove controlled hunts opening weekend of deer gun season.
29. 800:25-7-88. Canton WMA [AMENDED] Change deer primitive season to same as statewide season and allow for harvest of antlerless deer.
30. 800:25-7-92.1. Cimarron Bluff WMA [NEW] Establish rules for the new Cimarron Bluff WMA. (Emergency effective 5-6-08)
31. 800:25-7-92.2. Cimarron Hills WMA [NEW] Establish rules for the new Cimarron Hills WMA.
32. 800:25-7-94. Copan WMA [AMENDED] Add language to archery reflecting 1 bird either sex and open turkey fall gun season to 1 tom limit.
33. 800:25-7-94.1. Cooper WMA [AMENDED] (1) Change deer primitive season regulations to allow for whitetail antlerless harvest. (2) Change deer gun season to remove controlled hunts on opening weekend.
34. 800:25-7-100. Fort Gibson WRP [AMENDED] Restrict firearms to rimfire and shotgun with pellets only.
35. 800:25-7-101. Fort Supply WMA [AMENDED] (1) Change deer primitive season regulations to allow for whitetail antlerless harvest. (2) Change deer gun season to remove controlled hunts on opening weekend.
36. 800:25-7-111. Hulah PHAWMA [AMENDED] Change the PHA to WMA and make turkey fall gun season and turkey spring season a 1 tom limit.
37. 800:25-7-112. Hulah WRP [REVOKED] Eliminate the Waterfowl Refuge designation and make it part of the WMA.
38. 800:25-7-119. Lake Thunderbird State Park Delete redundant language.
39. 800:25-7-129. Oologah WMA [AMENDED] Remove the shotgun and archery only restriction on Goose Island.
40. 800:25-7-131.1. Osage WMA Rock Creek Unit [AMENDED] Change turkey fall gun season and turkey spring season to a 1 tom limit.
41. 800:25-7-132.1. Ouachita WMA – Cucumber Creek Unit [NEW] Create Cucumber Creek Unit, walk-in access only in the Ouachita WMA. (Emergency effective 10-27-08)
42. 800:25-7-134. Packsaddle WMA [AMENDED] (1) Change deer primitive season bag limits to allow for whitetail antlerless harvest. (2) Change deer gun season to remove controlled hunts on opening weekend.
43. 800:25-7-137. Rita Blanca WMA [AMENDED] To allow archery pronghorn antelope hunting same as statewide season dates and allow pronghorn antelope controlled hunts during gun season.
44. 800:25-7-151. Tishomingo WMU/Cooperative Unit [AMENDED] Expanded opportunity for selected species. Remove shotgun and archery only restriction.
45. 800:25-9-2. General provisions [AMENDED] 800:25-9-3. Applications and instructions [AMENDED] 800:25-9-4. Categories [AMENDED] 800:25-9-5. Permits and fees [AMENDED] 800:25-9-11. Cimarron and Texas County (west of Highway 136) landowner permits [AMENDED] 800:25-9-12. General Antelope Regulations [AMENDED] Clarify language and simplify drawing process for landowner antelope permitting procedures.
46. 800:25-25-3. Exemptions [AMENDED] Delete language after the word cats and add ‘except native cats and bears’. Delete language after dogs and add ‘except coyotes’. (Emergency effective 3-11-08)
47. 800:30-1-4. Camping [AMENDED] Update information under camping on WMA’s.
48. 800:30-1-5. Vehicles [AMENDED] Eliminate the use of ORV’s and ATV’s on the Three Rivers WMA except under specific restrictions. Allow licensed deer hunters to use an ATV/ORV for the retrieval of lawfully taken and tagged deer under certain regulations. (Emergency effective 6 –2-08)
49. 800:30-1-7. Livestock and feral hogs [AMENDED] Add language to allow hunters to take feral hogs on Honobia, Three Rivers and Broken Bow WMA’s during any established hunting season with method of take authorized by the Department for that hunting season.
50. 800:30-3-2. General Provisions [AMENDED] 800:30-3-3. Site Development [AMENDED] Add specific oil and gas exploration and development requirements for Department areas with commercial or municipal fresh water production. The state does a real good job of making changes to rules and regulations without taking opinions of the local area hunters into mind. Especially bowhunters . Just look what happen last year in the south eastern part of the state with all the land there. As you can see above there were so many ,50, proposed changes it is hard to keep up. Since most of this came up last January, at public hearings, it is probably too late to do anything about it now. I do not like the changes that were made at Beaver River which is one of my favorite public hunting areas to go to. Gun huntere out number us bowhunters so they usually get what they want . Bowhunters get whats left over.