doubledrop 22-Oct-09
hunterjp88 22-Oct-09
hunterjp88 22-Oct-09
GREYBEARD 22-Oct-09
okla hawkeye 22-Oct-09
Neb.iceman 23-Oct-09
Bush Pilot 31-Oct-09
22-Oct-09
Heard that there may be a new state record bowkill shot in the Wildcat Hills in western NE? Is it real or a hoax? I haven't seen any pictures. Supposedly will score 300+?

Anybody else hear anything?

22-Oct-09
I came to this page looking for it as I got a text this morning with a bad cell phone picture of a giant in the back of a pickup with that description. It also said wildcat hills in Nebraska. He looked like a beast and the description said 332", 41 pt.,43inside spread(that seemed like a huge stretch to me),35"main beams, 7.5 bases. That is just what the message read. It does look very impressive and the pic I got is looking down from above the rack which usually does it no justice.

22-Oct-09

hunterjp88's embedded Photo
hunterjp88's embedded Photo
Well here is the picture of the supposed new record...no doubt a nice deer. Killed in the Wildcat Hills, south of scottsbluff and gering, on Oct. 21st. Scored 332. 41 pts. 43 inch spread, 35 inch beam, and 7.5 inch bases. New record in nebraska...beating all archery, and firearms.

Being from scottsbluff, i took this matter quite seriously...because i was obviously huntin in the wrong place!

Thing is... i worked in the Wildcats with Game and Parks for 2 years now. And i was astonished to hear that a WHITETAIL was taken out of there. Definitely a majority of Mulies in there.

But fact of the matter is... I talked with my boss out there and he told me, he and other district supervisors have been talking. And they have come to the conclusion that the deer is FAKE. Its all a hoax.

One thing i noted was: The trees are green in the background...and the only green trees in the wildcats right now are coniferous trees. Second: im not quite sure that THIS deer would even score in the 300's. (come on...300 is a ridiculous score.) Third: My boss and others concluded that the deer in the picture is actually fake. They say its not even a real picture.

Overall...until any official from Game and Parks can actually get his hands on the deer...its going to all be considered a hoax. The matter is being taken extremely serious though. -J. Powell

22-Oct-09

22-Oct-09
ON THE BIG GAME FORUM IT HAS BEEN KILLED IN THREE OR FOUR STATES AND SOME FENCED IN HUNT AND DEAD FOR THREE YEARS WHO KNOWS!! GO HUNTING AND ENJOY THE OUTDOORS!!

22-Oct-09
Very old picture. Move along.

23-Oct-09
saw it on AT its a phony

31-Oct-09
There was a 32 pt buck shot by a bow hunter in minn.The pictures were on WDAY TV WEB SITE in Fargo N.D.I did not know how to get them to this site.he weighted 190 gut dressed.

• Sitka Gear