Mathews Inc.
Strictly Sticks Winter Schedule is here!
Pennsylvania
Contributors to this thread:
HARRY CARRY 28-Oct-09
HARRY CARRY 28-Oct-09
HARRY CARRY 28-Oct-09
hawkeye in PA 28-Oct-09
HARRY CARRY 28-Oct-09
Red Beastmaster 29-Oct-09
Mr Bowhunter 29-Oct-09
Red Beastmaster 29-Oct-09
HARRY CARRY 29-Oct-09
Red Beastmaster 30-Oct-09
Mr Bowhunter 30-Oct-09
HARRY CARRY 01-Nov-09
Red Beastmaster 01-Nov-09
HARRY CARRY 08-Nov-09
Red Beastmaster 08-Nov-09
HARRY CARRY 08-Nov-09
Mr Bowhunter 10-Nov-09
Dale Hajas 10-Nov-09
HARRY CARRY 14-Nov-09
Boobacker 15-Nov-09
hawkeye in PA 15-Nov-09
Mr Bowhunter 16-Nov-09
saltydog 16-Nov-09
Mr Bowhunter 16-Nov-09
Red Beastmaster 16-Nov-09
hawkeye in PA 16-Nov-09
HARRY CARRY 16-Nov-09
Red Beastmaster 17-Nov-09
HARRY CARRY 20-Nov-09
hawkeye in PA 20-Nov-09
HARRY CARRY 21-Nov-09
Bob Hildenbrand 21-Nov-09
HARRY CARRY 21-Nov-09
Dale Hajas 21-Nov-09
bushmaster 22-Nov-09
saltydog 22-Nov-09
hawkeye in PA 22-Nov-09
HARRY CARRY 22-Nov-09
Red Beastmaster 22-Nov-09
saltydog 22-Nov-09
John H 22-Nov-09
28-Oct-09

HARRY  CARRY's embedded Photo
Hot off the presses and scanners!!

28-Oct-09

28-Oct-09
New for this Season:

We'll be adding a "Beginner's Shooting Stake" so new Archers, both Young and Not as Young, can try out 3D Archery! The "Beginner's" is to allow any new Archer to come along with their family or friends, and take their first shots at one of the "Foam Is Your Friend" critters, without being intimidated by the regular distances we may set-up. (For any competitions, though, the Regular Stake positions will apply.)

Also, if you note on the Directions sheet, we've included GPS co-ordinates and an actual street address.

All of us at SSTA hope to see not only our long-time friends, but we'd like to meet new friends, too.

We can't promise anything about the weather, but we will be offering a whole lot of fun with the Traditional Bow and Arrow!

28-Oct-09
Thanks HC.

28-Oct-09
Also noting: if anyone needs a paper flyer for this event, PM me for my address, and a SASE will get you one in return mail.

Or, I have both of the pictures shown above as "adobe format" files, and can email them to you. They are around 1.6 Megs each file. Same method...PM me.

Downloading the above pictures can also be done, if you right-click the picture, "Save Picture As" , then choose whichever format works for you.

Spreading the Word of SSTA...one Archer at a Time!!!

29-Oct-09
What would we do without Strictly Sticks?!

Thanks for putting up the schedule.

Mmmmmmmmmmm..........Hammmmmmmmmm.............

29-Oct-09
I know where my 1 year anniversary will be!!!

29-Oct-09
Mr B,

You made me miss last year's shoot, now I gotta listen to anniversary giggles all night? You pitch your tent way down at the other end pal.

29-Oct-09
Red posted: "Mmmmmmmmmmm..........Hammmmmmmmmm.........."

Well, I've been practicing alot, not quite what Chief showed me, but I may seriously go for that ham myself. Not as a high scorer, mind you, but as MR. RANDOM DRAW!!!

Thinly sliced ham, over a campfire, where the edges are sweet and chewy just like Canadian Bacon......WOW!

OK, ALL YOU OTHER RANDOMS...beware, I'll be there, too!

30-Oct-09
Harry Carry,

Don't count on getting any of the Random Ham either. Last year the lucky winner, Tim, was not present. I distinctly remember our hungry Chief declare "I'll see that he gets it!". Only well after the chief's family devoured the ham did Tim even know he had won.

Moral of the story: Don't trust your meat in the Chief's hands!

30-Oct-09
LMAO

01-Nov-09
Just a Corrective Note:

If anyone reads the Sunday 11/01/2009 Tribune-Review sports section, Shoots-on-tap listing, the notice for the Strictly Sticks shoot for November 22 lists a HAM SHOOT.

The Ham Shoot is not until January 17, 2010.

If you, your "Posse of Archers", your crew, gang, Amigos, or anyone else you know, were anticipating winning a ham on November 22, please ease your expectations for 2 months.

Please still come over, shoot with us, have fun with us, regail your friends and fellow Archers with your shooting abilities, your stories, or whatever else you bring (!!!???); just, and we humbly apologize, don't expect to go home with a ham prize, no matter if you scored perfectly, or if you are simply random.

We, the typers of this information, (and the same person who emails the Sports Editors AND takes printed copies to their offices) apologize for any confusions created.

We still expect to see you. Cause, in all honesty, it really isn't about the prizes.....is it?????!!!

Aloha & 73, de HARRY CARRY (aka Randy)

01-Nov-09
It goes well with green eggs.

08-Nov-09
The Sunday, Nov. 8 Tribune-Review "Shoots-On-Tap" listing for our November 22 Regular Shoot is correct. Sorry for any confusion with last week's newspaper listing!

08-Nov-09
Hey, try this! It really works!

Stare at Harry Carry's picture up close for 30 seconds. Now close your eyes.

You can see the image of Jacques Cousteau!

Ever notice how happy the men on the Calypso were? They must have a Ham Shoot too, huh?

08-Nov-09
10 seconds, RC??? Man, even I couldn't stare that long. "Ah, Calypso, I sing to your spirit, the men who have served you so long and so well...."

Anyhow, OK, if someone can/would print out the above Jacques Cousteau ("Fawwther, fawwther, luke ad de feeshes), AND BRING THEM TO THE SSTA NOVEMBER 22 EVENT, I will allow them to be posted as needed throughout the trail.

Maybe as a talisman to ward off evil spirit, or maybe posted onto a target. The choice would be the bringer's!!

At SSTA, we are ALL ABOUT having fun, even at the expense (!!!!) of a joker or two. And if doing so brings a few new Archers to the event, SO BE IT!!

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

And thank you, Red...I now have that dang song in my mind, and it won't leave......

10-Nov-09

10-Nov-09

14-Nov-09
ttt

15-Nov-09

15-Nov-09

16-Nov-09

16-Nov-09
Can't wait. Have been calling the all the boys in our group to let them know. There will be at least 6 of us for sure. Looks like the weather will be decent too.

16-Nov-09
I think I'll have to wait until the Dec 20th shoot. We're putting our pond in this weekend. We'll have to see how it goes.

16-Nov-09
I’m pumped, I’ll be bringing my new bow, and I think the wife might make it too.

16-Nov-09
Don't think I'll be there RC, early Christmas celebration for my Florida-bound parents.

Gotta stay in the will.

16-Nov-09
Hope to see you in December.

16-Nov-09
There is something about the statement "We're putting our pond in this weekend". Not "I have to do the taxes this weekend." or "I'm scheduled for an operation this weekend." Or, "We're visiting Fargo this weekend."

No, Mr. Bowhunter is putting in a pond. And all I can think of is some Monty Python sketch:

"Mr. Bowhunter: I'd like to buy a pond.

Guy at Home Depot: Would you like water with that? And maybe some fishes?

Mr. Bowhunter: I'm a bowhunter. Why would I want fishes?

Guy at Home Depot: So you can go bowfishing!!

Mr. Bowhunter: Oh, OK. Do you have SPAM??

And all of a sudden, 15 Vikings with longbows come into the sketch, with tankards raised, singing the praises of Mr. Bowhunter, and his bowfishing pond."

Hmmm...as I said, the thought just crossed my mind. By the way, I carry a bow and and sharp-tipped arrows. See MOST of you Sunday....

17-Nov-09
HC

I immediately thought of Caddy Shack when Karl asked Ty if he could use his hot tub. Ty suggested he use the pond instead. "You know, with minerals". LOL

20-Nov-09
Just to update RC: 38 hours to go.

CAN YOU SAY "BOWSHOOTING"?? Sure you can....!

20-Nov-09
Calm down HC, .........

You have mail, LOL

21-Nov-09
UPDATE: Less than 22 hours!!!! FOAM IS YOUR FRIEND!! And Bob H.: I'll be down in a few hours for set-up...got the "all clear" from here.

21-Nov-09
Course is set. A few easy, and some not so easy. Be prepared for a long shot on the elk!

Also...today Harry Carry was officialy crowned with the title of, " SSTA 3D coordinator". Effectively immediatley all complaints should be filed with him:^)

21-Nov-09
And there's a little room down at the SSTA HQ where ALL of the complaints will be processed. It's the little room beside the DART room. The little room is filled with white porcelain, and it has a neat little system for sending compaints to the official complaint department. You just press the metal handle!

Oh, we are in for a fun workout tomorrow. Hey, I only drove the quad today; well, until I got it stuck going up the steep hill. Then, they took that responsibility away from me. Then they gave me a funky title, and said I was only good enough for pounding in the beginner's stakes!!!

Less than 12 hours!!!!

21-Nov-09
Sorry cant make it.... gotta chauffer a trip to WVA

22-Nov-09
I'll be getting in the truck in a minute Roy. You buying breakfast?

22-Nov-09
I'm on the way out the door. Had to leave the lady behind because she has the flu. She is not a happy camper.

22-Nov-09
Another fine shoot sponsored by Strictly Sticks.

My only request is for a different guide, one that is a little familar with property would be nice. Even better if he had any idea where the targets might be. He basically new the bucket location and then.......

Liked the different kind of course layout also. Thanks again.

22-Nov-09
What a good First Shoot of the Season!! 54 or so Archers descended upon the hills of Alverton to bend stinged pieces of wood, just to make pointy objects fly.

Some of the aims were quite successful, others less than so. But it didn't really seem to matter; every missed shot is a chance to do better on the next!

Many, many thanks to all the Archers, both seasoned, and young (including Dominick, at age 6, with his 2 year old recurve he's been shooting for 2 years)....thanks to all the Archers for making SSTA your home for this morning!!

Good friends, a good course, a good crew, good weather. You could say that today was "good to the last arrow's drop!!"

And as they used to say on the Beverly Hillbillies: "Y'all come back now, ya'hear?"!!!!

22-Nov-09
Glad you had a good turn out. I hope to make the next one.

22-Nov-09
Great course guys. One of the best "hunter's course" I've shot in a long time.

Of course, one of the perks from shooting this morning was walking by the Carrymobile and see a couple of the targets for the 2010 Tri County golf shoot. Ribbett!!

22-Nov-09
Glad I stopped in on my way back home. I didn't shoot but it was fun to see the old guys and meet some new ones. And as always, the food was outstanding.

• Sitka Gear