Bowsite.com on Facebook
  • Deerbuilder Food Plot Website
  • Trail Cam Photos
  • Bowsite.com Elk Section
  • Mathews Solocam
Summit Treestands Mathews Solocam Carbon Express Arrows Moultrie Game Cameras Sitka Gear LaCrosee Footwear 3RiversArchery
Whitetail Deer Section Elk Section Black, Brown, & Polar Bear Section Moose Section Mule Deer Section Sheep Section Bowfishing Section Mountain Goat Section Pronghorn Section Mountain Lion Section Wild Turkey Section Caribou Section Hogs & Exotics Section Small Game Forum Africa Section Food Plots on DeerBuilder.com Bowhunting / Archery Equipment

GMU 12 Sept. Elk Hunt

Main/Big Game Conferences
forum rules Registration
PRINTABLE VERSION

EMAIL TO A FRIEND

Messages posted to thread:
Jackpine 10-Mar-10
Whiterock 10-Mar-10
Gar Guru 12-Mar-10
Whiterock 14-Mar-10
Carnivore 17-Mar-10

From: Jackpine ........ No Violations Reported on this individual No Violations Reported on this individual No Violations Reported on this individual ....... Date: 10-Mar-10

Could use some help as a first time hunter of this unit. Looking at either of the first 2 weeks of Sept and hoping to time it right for the bugle season. Any tips/advice would be greatly appreicated!

From: Whiterock ........ No Violations Reported on this individual No Violations Reported on this individual No Violations Reported on this individual ....... Date: 10-Mar-10

I have hunted a couple of times arround Sleepy Cat and to the roadless area to the east. Lots of elk and lots of other hunters. Pack in to the roadless area in the east portion of the unit.Several outfitters have camps in the area ,but you should be able to find some elk.

From: Gar Guru ........ No Violations Reported on this individual No Violations Reported on this individual No Violations Reported on this individual ....... Date: 12-Mar-10

I think you will hear more bugling the last 2 weeks of september than the first 2 weeks

From: Whiterock ........ No Violations Reported on this individual No Violations Reported on this individual No Violations Reported on this individual ....... Date: 14-Mar-10

If archery hunting,I would be there the week before muzzleloader season. The more hunting pressure the tighter lip the bulls get.

From: Carnivore ........ No Violations Reported on this individual No Violations Reported on this individual No Violations Reported on this individual ....... Date: 17-Mar-10

Last season where I was at the bulls were vocal the first weekend, then they got tight-lipped because of hunting pressure. They stayed quiet during daylight hours until the last weekend when they went insane.

Reply to Thread

Subject: RE: GMU 12 Sept. Elk Hunt

You are not registered - please click here to register now.

Copyright © 1996-2013 Bowsite.com
No duplication without expressed written consent of the author and Bowsite.com.

Privacy and Registration Policy