Zbone 24-Aug-10
Boris 24-Aug-10
snydley 25-Aug-10
Dad of Two 30-Aug-10
1Badboy 09-Sep-10
Zbone 09-Sep-10
Boris 19-Oct-10
06-May-10
Has anybody heard of a big buck being found in ashtabula county?

06-May-10
Dead or alive.... Any details?

07-May-10
Dead. I heard it it was scored at 262 7/8. 28pts.

07-May-10
Hmm? Found when?

10-May-10
Yeah, found when???

If it nets over a 262 B&C inches, that is of world class (not too many ever recored bigger than that). For years the Ohio state record was 261" and some change.

At 262+", would think more details would be out about something like that by now. Something that big is hard to keep secret.

12-May-10
I heard it was found in march, just after the snow left. Yes, I still score for OBBC and P&Y.

12-May-10
Be interesting the particulars behind this if it is a pick-up. Can a pick-up in the state of Ohio be legally kept? If so how do ya go about doing so? Maybe the reason it’s a secret…

The DNR have been known to confiscate top trophy racks on minor offences. It’s the does they don't care about...8^)

14-May-10
I do know more about the the deer. I measured the rack. I saw the rack and had my hands on the thing. It is legit. I even have pictures. But, you guys will say that they are photo shopped. Yes, the guy has the paperwork from the DNR to keep the rack. He is going to have it scored B&C an then entered into B&C as a found deer. I also, know that there was hundred of pictures taken by people in the area. All I can say is, when the guy drive into my driveway, an I saw it sticking up above the bed of his truck. I said, Oh my god.

16-May-10
Just curious, does OBBC accept pick-ups?

Treerat - years ago, two of the biggest wild bucks I ever saw in my life were in Ashtabula County. They were running together in late January so I'm sure they'd made it through another season, but hunted for them the following fall but never laid eyes on them again.

06-Jun-10
ok guy, the offical score from B&C. 263 and is 29 pts.

06-Jun-10
Got pix?

08-Jun-10
boris reguardless of the its PHOTO SHOP DUDES I would like to see a pic if you have one and could post!

09-Jun-10
I do have pictures. But, I am not at liberty to post them, yet. I do know that North American Whitetail has been contacted. sorry about not posting.

09-Jun-10
now that is a legit reason for not posting would hate to cause and rucus. Thks Boris

09-Jun-10
Curious of the framework. Is it typical type with stickers and kickers or is it gnarly?

Thanx

09-Jun-10
The main frame is a 5x5. It scores 203. with droptines and stickers that add up to 68". Plus, I figure, there was about 10-12 inches broken off.

09-Jun-10
anyone got a picture?

11-Jun-10
I find it hard to believe that in this day and age there are no pics (more than the one mentioned above) floating around of this deer. With every phone having a camera, and the draw of a big buck....just odd.

12-Jun-10
It's all about money now-days...

14-Jun-10
I think you all are beinging baited.

14-Jun-10
No, w+hen treerat comes over to get his deer measured. He will tell you. An like I said before, I don't have permission to post the pics.

10-Jul-10
What scheduled issue of NAW?

18-Jul-10
Just got word that NAW will be doing a story on the buck in the near future. NO date has been given.

06-Aug-10

Ward's embedded Photo
Ward's embedded Photo
Is this it??

22-Aug-10
http://www.news-herald.com/articles/2010/08/17/sports/nh2891719.txt

22-Aug-10

22-Aug-10
thanx for the linky brent, one heck of an animal... didn't take'm long to try and profit. heck got lawyers and all involved and it hasn't even been panal judged yet...from previous b&c entries, something of that caliber usually looses size after panal judged... strange how secretive at first and now they almost give gps coordinates of location...8-) (there ya go out of staters, lease it up)...ironically that location is very close to where years ago seen 2 of the biggest of my life running together...kinda makes me wonder if they were genetically linked...

24-Aug-10
Finally a picture...what a beast for sure. Awesome.

24-Aug-10
I just got word that the buck is going to be featured in NAW November addition. You guys can say what you want. But, I am the one that told them to get a lawyer and insure it. They even told me that they where going to try to sell it. That's when I told them to get a lawyer. Mainly, so they do not get ripped-off. They are good people that happened to find something like that. So, like THUMPERS mother said to him," If you can't say nothing good about somebody, Don't say nothing at all". The buck has been scored by me( P&Y measurer ) and 2 officers from OBBBC that are B&C measurer. So, if that's not good enough for you guys, you need to get a life.

24-Aug-10

24-Aug-10
tremendous animal for sure.... is b&c going to panal judge it? (hey, we didn't bring up panal judging, the news article did)...the beatty buck lost 10 inches from the bbbc score after panal judging...btw, does the bbbc accept pick-ups?

24-Aug-10
OBBBC does not have a pick-up section. That I know, B&C club does.

25-Aug-10
Boris youre a good man on the Lawyer thing and I am glad a regular joe will get something out of it

30-Aug-10
WOW!!!!!!!!!!

09-Sep-10
was it the one the guys dog found ?

09-Sep-10
yep - see newspaper link posted

19-Oct-10
The article is out. on the found deer.

• Sitka Gear