Dave G. 08-Jun-10
RC 08-Jun-10
Dave G. at home 08-Jun-10
RC 08-Jun-10
HARRY CARRY 08-Jun-10
10-May-10

HARRY  CARRY's embedded Photo
The Hills are Alive, with the Sound of Arrows....hitting things!!!! Hitting 3D targets, shoot-off targets, distance challenges, maybe a stuffed critter or 15, and more than likely...dirt! Now, where could all this Arrow activity occur?

At the "Strictly Sticks Traditional Archers" "2010 Rendezvous", being held Saturday and Sunday, June 5th and 6th! Fellow Traditional Archers, come join us again for this years' festivities. Bring your recurve, your longbow, your selfbow, your warped piece of sapling with B50 attached, and test yourself amongst friends both new and old, at the East Huntingdon Sportmen's Association in Alverton, Pennsylvania, in Westmoreland County.

Details are listed on this page, and directions are listed on the next page.

If you are a veteran of Traditional Archery, or are new to our fun, you, your family and friends are most welcome to come see why Strictly Sticks events are contagious for lots of laughter, plenty of smiles, and an awful lot of good bowshooting!

Thanks for your consideration, and....we'll leave a target up for you!

10-May-10

10-May-10
The "clearer" email address is: [email protected]

Just get in touch with Bob Hildenbrand, however way you know!

17-May-10
ttt

22-May-10
Looks like we will have around 4 or so courses, in addition to the ongoing challenges, and possibly even a Stuffed Critter course, depending upon how our intrepid "Yard Sale Critter Condemers" have done!!

The Saturday Evening Spaghetti Dinner will be held before the "Fred Challenge", a shooting challenge devised as only Westmoreland Countians could create! (OK, maybe even a Fayette Countian....you know how close those borders run...!)

And this past Thursday, a contraption was driven down from the Saint George Mountains, and wheeled off the back of one of our member's pick-up trucks; a motorized machine that launches aerial targets, for a Flu-Flu shoot. That thing is EVIL!

Yes, the Strictly Sticks Traditional Archers Rendezvous may be smaller and more low-key than some of the well known national events, but we aren't trying to "out-do" any other event.

WE WANT TO HAVE FUN! And a day or 2 of fun with a Stickbow... is something to shake a Stick at!!

So, if you find yourselves driving around the Mount Pleasant-Scottdale area of Westmoreland County on June 5 or 6, bring your bow and stop on by. We'll leave a target up for you!

(PETA Disclaimer: no "Living" stuffed critters will be harmed during this event...!)

23-May-10
So is anyone going to this shoot? I might go. Maybe Master Moderator Phil will show up:)?

23-May-10
I'll be there!

23-May-10
i'll be there Saturday...drop by the Dry Ridge Archery table, introduce yourself, and test run some bows.

TIM

24-May-10
I'll be there at least one of the days, maybe both. Who knows with my bunch.

24-May-10
Dad will be over Friday, I'm working Saturday morning everythings goes good should be over around noon.

26-May-10
Should be a good turn out, no conflict with the PA Longbow Shoot this year.

Ryan

26-May-10

RC's embedded Photo
RC's embedded Photo

27-May-10

RC, YES!! WILL YOU, and your dancing partner??

27-May-10
LMAO.....

27-May-10
Wow RC...or is it "Dances With Roosters"? I believe that bird has gone to the hinterlands to meet Col. Sanders. *^))).

I think I can finally make a shoot, but only for one day...probably Saturday. I'll have to give Mr. Perfect a call to see if he wants to go.

28-May-10
I shall make the pilgrimage over the mountains to the Alverton valley.

28-May-10
I know some old fart that will turn 62 on the 6th:) I'll be able to collect SS checks then:)

28-May-10
I started mine at 62 Roy....that was three years ago. I still work a day or two per week. It's nice to have that extra time to be a kid again 8^).

31-May-10
It's Monday, early afternoon....heading down to the Club to do some prep work. Really looking forward to this weekend!!

31-May-10
Looks like Kathy and I might make it this year. I want to taste some of Roy's cooking and I heard he makes soem good wine.

03-Jun-10
I'm goin, but I refuse to have any fun, scream and hoot when somebody misses the target by two feet, eat any good food, or laugh when Chief and Harry do the auction:)

03-Jun-10
I'm goin, but I refuse to have any fun, scream and hoot when somebody misses the target by two feet, eat any good food, or laugh when Chief and Harry do the auction:)

03-Jun-10
or double post

03-Jun-10
Well work changed my mind again, should be there for Saturday morning....maybe even with the grandsons.

04-Jun-10
hawkeye

I'll have a couple arrows for Dad that I found.

How's your body count coming? I'll give you a hint. I'm at 15. :)

My crew is in constant motion. I'm not sure who is going with me. All I know for sure is Mr Perfect and I should be rolling in around 9:00.

04-Jun-10
Can't hardly walk for the last 3 days so it looks like camping out ain't going to happen. Might make it for the day Sat.

04-Jun-10
We will be out tomorrow. Should be 4-6 of us 4 for sure making the 3 hour drive out. See you all around 10.

04-Jun-10
Looks like I'm back down to me.

Red, This working out of town every other week is running interference with alot of stuff. I'm still at two.

Dad was a early show, he's already set up.

04-Jun-10
I'll be there about 8:30AM, good Lord willin' and the creeks don't rise.

04-Jun-10
Hawky

Yeah, this working thing gets in the way of all kinds of neat stuff.

Like hunting, camping, bow shoots, ........................

Two?! Heck, Lance's carnage count is at two!

04-Jun-10
WHAT A STARTING EVENING!!!!

As of this eve, probably already have 40-50 folks camping and taking in the total relaxation of a Friday evening outside.

Some early shooting was witnessed, a bunch of laughs, more than a couple tents, and the wisps of campfire smoke. And Harry Frick has even told a couple of jokes already!

This. Is. Strictly Sticks.

We'll see the rest of YOU, for the rest of the Story, tomorrow!!

05-Jun-10
Enjoyed the outing Saturday morning. Shot with some gents from St. Michael area; great guys and good shooters too. We shot 3 ranges...and did pretty well. Somehow we missed seeing a standing bear on the hunter course. Oooops 8^).

05-Jun-10
Typical Strictly Sticks shoot today.

Lots of welcoming smiles.

Fun courses (with lost and broken arrows).

Really good food.

Lots of laughs.

Great time.

Yep, pretty typical. :)

06-Jun-10
Very nice job, Strictly Sticks crew!!! How many shooters did you end up with? And how many targets on the hunters course?

06-Jun-10
when I left at 11:00Am we had 135, on the hunters course Scott said there was 14, how many did you find with your Dads help?????

06-Jun-10
15 on the hunters course.

06-Jun-10
I went back over for day two today.

Shot a couple courses, had two strings made, watched my son-in-law whoof down a Tommy dog (I don't know how you guys can eat those things), and had another great day.

I don't believe I ever missed one of these things, and I've missed only a handful of the winter shoots. Life wouldn't be the same without Strictly Sticks.

Thank you!

06-Jun-10
Strictly Sticks Rocks! I went to a winter shoot, LONG time ago. If it wasn't so far away and my schedule was different. I'd go again.

07-Jun-10
Nice shoot guys. We got out of thier about the time the thunder storm hit saturday eve. The way home was more exciting then the shoot thought we saw 2 crashes, rain so hard you could hardly see, 1 funnel cloud, 3 different deer trying to comitte suicide, and one nice 20 something year old girl soaked to the bone with a thin white t-shirt on that caused my wife slap the crap out of me at a rest area. All in all it was a pretty good and interesting day.

07-Jun-10
Standing Stone: Well, though we did NOT have the T-shirt contest like you witnessed(!!), we did get the FRED Challenge in on Saturday eve, with only a few sprinkles now and then. And Sunday went nicely, allowing us to hold the Eagle Eye Broad-head shoot-off, as we watched the weather front overhead slowly change from sprinkles to no rains but wind.

A good weekend: and for many of those who put in huge amounts of time setting up the Rendezvous, maybe the next few nights will allow us to catch up on sleep!!

THANK YOU, SSTA!!

07-Jun-10
A report on the number of shooters and who won what would be nice Mr. Carry:)

07-Jun-10
RC: the sign in papers were gathered up by Dave while I was out cleaning up from the tear-downs, but I believe the overall attendance was around 145 folks. Looks like we had 3 states, too.

Jay Schott was the Eagle Eye winner for 2010. That is confirmed.

For the FRED Challenge: I need the information confirmed, since my notes were with the Eagle Eye qualifiers. But, AND THIS IS ONLY FROM A HAZY, VERY TIRED AND VAGUE MEMORY, I believe that these are the winners. Women: Sharon D'Agostino Youth: Shane Boyles Men: Mark Klonicke.

Please, fellow SSTA volunteers or helpers, or persons more awake than I was on Sunday: help me confirm this info. If I have presented the wrong info, I apologize to the rightful winners.

Stay tuned...for the confirmations....

08-Jun-10
Another great shoot as always. Glad i was able to make it back for one of the days at least. Many thanks to all those who made it possible.

08-Jun-10
Did anybody take any photos that they can post so I can put faces to names?

08-Jun-10

RC's embedded Photo
RC's embedded Photo
YES.

08-Jun-10
Harry looks like a pleasant sort of chap...the type of fellow who'd provide interesting and provocative conversation while enjoying a snifter of two of good brandy.

He also looks like he'd be pretty fitting on a Stridex commercial. :^)

08-Jun-10
LMAO. Yep, yer right. Interesting and provocative conversation? OH YA:)

I should have taken a video of him announcing the possible bad weather on the Bull Horn. Twice:) Once inside, then outside. Was quite a trip:)

08-Jun-10
I announced what I was told to announce....again, and again, and again.....

!!!

• Sitka Gear