Contributors to this thread:
hoghntr 17-May-10
Graysquirrel 17-May-10
Chief Black Cloud 17-May-10
Widefoot 31-May-10
Widefoot 31-May-10
denlwil 24-Jul-10
17-May-10
{Also posted on Leatherwall}. Well this question pertains to probably one of if not the most famous bowyer in Oklahoma, G.W. Flannigan. I am pretty new to the Trad World and since Im from Oklahoma this man of the longbow has gotten my attention. Every shoot Ive been to holds his bows being shot over blackwidows and such. All I know is where hes from and his bows are down right fast! Can anyone tell me about his history of bowmaking? How old was he when he got started and how did he learn? His bows are probably one if not the most beautiful longbows I have ever seen! Antler inlays and antler tips magnifacent! Heard he used to make recurves but gave it up to make his babies, the longbow. I know for sure the next longbow I get will be his. All answers are greatly appreciated! Keep em coming G.W. your the man!

17-May-10
give him a call and ask him, he's listed in the Marietta phonebook. I'd ask him to answer this but he'd chew my butt out because he would be embarrassed.

17-May-10
I know that he spent some time with Ken Beck at Black Widow. He told me that much. As Bob said, he's pretty easily embarrassed. I asked him the same questions, and had a hard time getting an answer. He just doesn't like to talk about himself much. Like Bob said, call him up and ask him.

Chief

31-May-10
hoghntr:

Sorry I'm late reading your question on Leatherwall. I don't read it very often. I will be at Stratford shoot the 12th and 13th of June with a wide selection. I will be glad to assist you and answer any questions you have. Thanks.

-GW Flanagan 580.276.7256

31-May-10
hoghntr:

Sorry I'm late reading your question on Leatherwall. I don't read it very often. I will be at Stratford shoot the 12th and 13th of June with a wide selection. I will be glad to assist you and answer any questions you have. Thanks.

-GW Flanagan 580.276.7256

24-Jul-10
Thanks GW maybe I can come buy one from you next fall when my wife gets a job, but I appreciate your time and admire your work.Thanks Denver

• Sitka Gear