Bloodtrail 19-Nov-10
Climbing Chris 19-Nov-10
Paul 19-Nov-10
Dartondog 20-Nov-10
dan 20-Nov-10
19-Nov-10

Dartondog's embedded Photo
Hope this works sent to me buy a buddy. The tall tine was killed in Kansas and the other is supposedly a 400 pound deer found road kiled in Rhode Island and claimed to be only a few inches off the world record.

19-Nov-10

Tall Tined from Kansas a guy he works with friend shot it.

19-Nov-10
Cant get the other pic to work as its in a zip file and keep opening the monster

19-Nov-10
Well...what's the story behind the RI deer? What town? And any other pics? I used to hunt down there...Charlestown area... and there are huge deer in there. Just really thick and hard to hunt.

19-Nov-10
I may have to call PS on that one....

19-Nov-10
I dont know any of it other then a friend of a friend sent it to him and told him it was supposedly a 400 pound road kill from RI and close to a world record. It may be photo shopped who knows but if it is real WOW !!!!!

19-Nov-10
Well if it IS real, I'd expect we'll be hearing a lot more about it!

Damn wide-angle lenses are making it just WAY TOO HARD to believe your eyes anymore, aren't they?

I mean, what's the thickness of a tail gate on a small pickup? Have to be a couple inches, anyway. That would make the main beam roughly the heft of a....softball bat?

I guess I may have seen a few mule deer sheds that heavy over the years, but what's the depth of the truck box? 16"? That would give it an inside spread around 30" maybe?

19-Nov-10
Is it just me, or do those antlers appear to be growing out of the deer's eyesockets? They are huge - almost like an immature moose. No brow tines, or little tiny sticker tines, and huge beams, with almost palmated antlers. If that sucker walked under my stand, i'd have to pinch myself before shooting. Damn that's a big animal.

And what an interesting way to take backstraps... Guess they're going to be eaten fresh.

19-Nov-10
I just checked... The record whitey came out of MN and DRESSED at 402 - estimated live weight was 511. So I suppose it's possible, but I agree with G-man that the bases are in the wrong spot. I blew up the image, and there's something wrong with the grain and color of the hair, too.

So at this point, I'm calling not just PS, but a very sloppy job of it, too.

That taking of the straps is not all that unusual a way to handle an Elk out west; some guys call this the no-gut technique - they just take the straps and then quarter it out. Last step is to go in just below the spine for the tenders. On a road-kill, the quarters might not be worth much, though....

19-Nov-10
I just got that same picture in a text message claiming a buddy of mine's friend hit this deer with a car. Probably BS but... who knows.

19-Nov-10
What's the license plate on the truck. Could be RI. Anyone else an expert on license plates? I'm sure we have some officers of the law here that can figure this mystery out.

19-Nov-10
Looks funny to me, maybe it's a compact truck and some photo shop work.

19-Nov-10
I don't think its real. You can do anything with a pic these days.

20-Nov-10
It is a RI plate and has a broken leg dangling down but the antlers look like it comes out of its nose and the nose is short.

20-Nov-10
totally super imposed

• Sitka Gear