DH11»-------> 13-Feb-11
Proline 13-Feb-11
Fetch 13-Feb-11
Let's Go 13-Feb-11
Proline 13-Feb-11
tenpointman 14-Feb-11
DH11»-------> 14-Feb-11
13-Feb-11
I read about this in a bow hunting magazine. New Jersey has a new law that I would love to see passed in this state. It could really open up more opportunity to get trophy bucks. If this can happen in liberal New Jersey it can happen here. Let's try to get together and reduce the 500 ft safety zone for archers. Check out the link

http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/news/2010/bowlaw.htm

August 20, 2010 The NJDEP Division of Fish and Wildlife has announced that the bowhunter perimeter bill has been signed by Governor Christie and is now law. The new law changes the area for bow hunting around an occupied building to 150 feet, and will assist in providing a means of accessing and controlling deer populations.

The minimum distance from an occupied building where a bowhunter may have a nocked arrow is now reduced from 450 feet to 150 feet. Carrying a bow with a nocked arrow within 150 feet of an occupied building or 450 feet of any school playground is prohibited. Any portion of the school grounds (including fields used for sports), that could be used for play or recreation, is considered to be part of a playground.

The owner or lessee of a building-and persons specifically authorized by the owner or lessee in writing (written permission must be in possession while hunting)-may hunt within 150 feet of the building. Persons authorized to hunt within 150 feet of a building must hunt from an elevated position to shoot down toward the ground. Shooting into a safety zone is prohibited.

See the 2010 Hunting Issue of the NJ Fish and Wildlife Digest for more information regarding safety zones. Hunters should be completely familiar with safety zone regulations before taking to the field.

13-Feb-11
Litle different situation there. They actually have deer in NJ, LOL. Some areas very dense with deer and people hate them. Here they are pretty and we shouldn't hurt them.

13-Feb-11
i thought in mass the limit was 150ft from re3sident. Am I wrong?...Butch

13-Feb-11
New Jersey and Delaware Audubon allow hunting on some if not all of their land due to excessive deer population and habitat destruction. It seams they may have more common sense there than here.

13-Feb-11
Mass is 500ft just like the gun for any occupied dwelling .

14-Feb-11
you can shoot deer off your porch or a neibors deck with written permission. otherwise 500 ft from an occupied dwelling

14-Feb-11
I was talking to an EPO who agreed 500 ft should be cut in half for bow hunters. We need to talk with our state representatives, get our sporting clubs involved and propose something. If anyone can offer some advice I would like to try to get this changed

• Sitka Gear