West Virginia
Contributors to this thread:
Jim Casto Jr 17-Feb-11
pappy 18-Feb-11
Babysaph 27-Sep-19
Fnshtr 28-Sep-19
RichardScales 16-Feb-21
17-Feb-11
I just heard news of Sam McKinney's death. He was a long time supporter and member of the WVBA, and a personal friend. I bought my first compound bow from Sam in 1973. Following is the obituary copied from the Pt. Pleasant Register.

Samuel Eugene McKinney, Sr., 76, of Hartford, went to be with the Lord on Monday, Feb. 14, 2011, at St. Joseph Hospital.

He was born Feb. 19, 1934 in Leon, a son of the late Samuel Burwell and Lucy Anna (Adkins) McKinney.

In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his sister, Betty Batey; and brother, William McKinney.

Samuel was part owner of the McKinney’s Bow Hunting Den, and a member of the Bow Hunter Club, West Virginia Bow Hunters Club, and the Professional Hunters Club. He also was a member of the Maranatha Cornerstone Church and was a United States Navy Seabee Veteran.

He is survived by his wife, Cecelia Ann McKinney of Hartford; sons, Eddie (Sabrena) McKinney of Hartford, Samuel (Stacy) McKinney, Jr. of Sandyville, Gregory (Debby) McKinney, Sr. of Racine, Ohio, and Brian Scott McKinney of Chester, Ohio; daughter, Cynthia Lynn Bowling of Middleport, Ohio; brother, Darrell McKinney of Chester, Ohio; sister, Shirley Tyree of Middleport, Ohio; grandchildren, Gregory McKinney II, Ashley Broaddus, Joey McKinney, Cody McKinney, Stephanie McKinney, Aubrey McKinney, Shaun Fife, Sara Michael, Lindsay McKinney, Annika McKinney, and a girl to be expected, Sadie McKinney; great grandchildren, Morgan McKinney, Riley McKinney, Addison McKinney, Jake Thompson; and several other great grandchildren, along with nieces and nephews.

Funeral services will be held at 1 p.m., Friday, Feb. 18, at the Faith Baptist Church in Mason with Pastor Gregory Collins officiating. Burial will follow in Sunrise Memorial Gardens with graveside rites being conducted by the VFW Post No. 9926 and American Legion Post No. 140. Visitation will be held from 6-9 p.m., Thursday, at the Foglesong-Roush Funeral Home.

18-Feb-11
Sam was a good man!!! shared some time with him ,in his shop ,,on the range,,and took him to a couple of hunting spots in ohio also. RIP sam

27-Sep-19
Prayers sent to the family.

28-Sep-19
Prayers for the family!

16-Feb-21
It was very shocking news I can't believe that Sam uncle is no more. he is a very nice person, he always helps me when I need it. he always goes shopping with me and always buys clothes for me. I need to complete my college assignment but I don't have to complete it so I was looking for professional essay writers to complete my assignment. and I hope I find it soon.

• Sitka Gear