CAbowhntr 23-Mar-12
Padfoot 24-Mar-12
Genomxpro 13-Jun-15
BOWUNTR 13-Jun-15
bowhunter1 16-Jun-15
BOWUNTR 16-Jun-15
glass eye 16-Jul-15
07-Apr-11
I was looking at burning my points this year and was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of this hunt. Looking for the info on quality of bucks.

07-Apr-11
The hunt timing is perfect for the rut and you will see plenty of deer on Bass Hill just SE of town....big bucks coming down from Diamond Mtn really depends on the weather and I would say about one year in four does enough snow fall to really bring some heavy horned boys down. Since the Bass Hill hunt now encompasses all the unit, you can find some nice bucks in the bitterbrush behind Janesville and at the west side of town around the outskirts of rural subdivisions. Andre, a friend of mine took a 22" heavy 3x3 about 10 years ago....drew the tag in 2009 and only saw one buck bigger.....he saw lots of bucks but he wanted a better one than the one he had. PM me if you want Andre's phone #..best part of the hunt is you stay in a motel and eat restaurant food and the deer are out most all day long !!

06-May-11
Bass hill has some nice bucks on it, my biggest is 28" 4x4 taken in 2005. I hunted the regular archery season in august, but I regularly hunt coyotes during the late archery season and see lots of big bucks, around standish side of the hill. I also see alot of bucks around deshane lane there is a gate at the end that goes into blm land.

16-Jun-11
I just drew Bass hill any more info would be much appreciated. I live in redding so I'll be going over to scout on weekends.

16-Jun-11
I had six points and did not draw.how many did you have!

16-Jun-11
7 points

16-Jun-11
7 points

16-Jun-11
7 points

18-Jun-11
I also drew the Bass Hill Archery tag with 7 points. I have no information regarding the hunt. I have hunted m3 (Doyle) in the past. Is this tag good for the entire unit? Congrats and good luck..Jim

18-Jun-11
The boundaries are the same as x6a

21-Jun-11
Since you drew late season hunt stick to bass hill area, the deer just hang out there. If you hunt diamond mountain portion of x6a hunt around antelope lake or taylor lake two best spots i know of up there, saw a forked horn up at taylor lake that would go 24" about 3 years ago and several other nice bucks while bear hunting.

23-Mar-12

CAbowhntr's embedded Photo
CAbowhntr's embedded Photo
I havent been on here in a while and realized I never posted a photo of my buck from Bass Hill. There wasn't much weather this year, but was still able to get lucky the last week of season.

24-Mar-12
Looks like a nice buck from that area. Thanks for posting your photo.

13-Jun-15
That's a great buck! I just drew an A26 Bass Hill tag myself for the first time. Starting to do the leg work now, please contact me if you can offer any assistance. I'm a good bow hunter, but this is new territory for me. Took 7 preference points to draw, so I'll be holding out for a wall hanger! Check the draw results, good luck to all.

13-Jun-15
Congratulations... Only 7, went down from 8. Can't wait to see how you do because I'll be drawing next year. Good luck. Ed F

16-Jun-15
Ed, i had 9 points and did not draw that tag this year but again with my luck in drawing tags,if it takes 8 i will draw when i have 12.

16-Jun-15
Really Tom... if so Genomxpro had to have drawn a random tag.... that puts me out of contention. Ed F

16-Jul-15
Now that I finally drew the strip tag I'm already planning how to burn my CA points for next year. I've got 10.

• Sitka Gear