twojump 29-Jun-11
twojump 29-Jun-11
twojump 29-Jun-11
twojump 29-Jun-11
twojump 29-Jun-11
twojump 29-Jun-11
twojump 08-Jul-11
19-Jun-11
Hey guys, I have a son inlaw with parkinsons and also his Father with the same illness, that have drawn a Ukiah any bull tag, I used to hunt that unit back in the 80's and killed a few bulls in there. But havent been back since then. This will probly be the last elk hunt he will be able to be somewhat able to walk and would like to help him get a decent bull, any suggestions? I hunted silver butte and would drop off the end towards the river but don't think he would be able too.

21-Jun-11
I'll PM you tomorrow the lon lat of a place that looks like you could do pretty good and have a chance of a bull... it's not far off a gravel road and really close to a paved road with a unimproved campground that is right there... not too many people over there during the bow season.. couple camps was all I seen. Easy access to us an atv too if you had too.. I hunted it when my area was burning a few years ago.... pretty nice place and there is a wallow that I don't think too many people know about.... Looks like a place you could take a couple family members into and have a good time... and you may be able to do it for a few more years than you'd think.

Todd

22-Jun-11
Thanks Todd I havent been back there since the 80's, so not sure what all has burned. I am planning a couple scouting trips this summer if I can keep my son inlaw out of the hospital long enough. I do have a quad, but thought they had closed most of eastern argon to them. Used to see alot of elk up on Tower mt to but he doesn't walk very well so alot of the ground I hunted he would have trouble with.. Thanks for any help you can give us.

22-Jun-11
Dan-

I have quite a few places in that Unit that are good for somebody who can't get around that well.

I can send you a p.m in the evening....

TP

23-Jun-11
That would be great, Like I said I havent been there since the 80's so not sure what to expect. I know they had some pretty good fires in that area. They can walk but pretty unsteady, it would be fun to see them get something they could talk about and remember for years to come.

29-Jun-11
The place I told you about is past those fires the had over there...

29-Jun-11

29-Jun-11

29-Jun-11

29-Jun-11

29-Jun-11

08-Jul-11
That was weird...

• Sitka Gear