GreyGhost 24-Sep-11
DanaC 07-Oct-11
UrbanHunter 07-Oct-11
GreyGhost 07-Oct-11
XMan 09-Oct-11
14-Aug-11

spike78's embedded Photo
spike78's embedded Photo
Here is another moose shot up close, wish I knew if it were a different cow than last pics I got? They seem to be coming down the path almost every day.

14-Aug-11

spike78's embedded Photo
spike78's embedded Photo
I hope to not run into these guys on way to stand in the dark. She looks like a decent size girl and now I'm wishing I sent out for permit, not that I'd shoot a sow with cubs.

14-Aug-11

spike78's embedded Photo
spike78's embedded Photo
This guys gonna get an arrow if he comes by. He will look great in my room! Although he looks a bit skinny.

14-Aug-11

spike78's embedded Photo
spike78's embedded Photo
Heres a deer, too bad no doe permit this year! I am gonna move cam to a nice run I found and hopefully get more deer picks as we only got around 6 with one decent buck.

14-Aug-11

spike78's embedded Photo
spike78's embedded Photo
This place is truly a wildlife paradise and can't wait to see what walks by in October! I got everything on the cam, just need a bobcat and of course a mountain lion to top it all off, never know! Heres a couple porky's to wrap this up till I check it again.

14-Aug-11
nice pics !! Hopefully i will have some to add soon

14-Aug-11

GreyGhost's embedded Photo
Mama with a pair of Skippers.

14-Aug-11

Big bad wolf in the skipper den.

14-Aug-11

14-Aug-11
Good to see fawns in yote country! I haven't gotten one yet?

14-Aug-11
awesome to see the fawns living healthy after the battle of winter.

15-Aug-11
Love the variety of critters we are seeing on here this year - you guys are getting some great photos!

Nice!

Hope to get my cam out this week.

Will

15-Aug-11
Spike did you get your NY licence yet? they went on sale today. If you only buy Bowhunting for $140.00 you just get 1 either sex tag and for 10 bucks extra a choice at two deer management permits. Dont forget that you want to check 8R as your first choice and 8J as your second if Dale has not already told you. If you buy a Supersportmans for $280 plus the 10 bucks for your two choices you automatically get one buck tag one antlerless and two choices for DMP's. If you buy the big licence still apply the same way 8R as your first choice and 8J as your second.I recieved both an 8R and an 8J and dale has land in both zones. Some yers you can get two 8R but this year they reduced the tags for non residents. The easiest way is to do it online with a credit card and print all of your recipts etc. If you need help with the process IM me.

15-Aug-11
Thanks Darton, we just got ahold of Dale and he did mention this. Now I have to decide between the regular or Super. So the super only allows for 1 extra tag? So if I do regular license I will get a buck tag and 2 doe tags for the extra cash?

16-Aug-11
The Super Sportmans for $280.00 allows one either sex and one antlerless or doe tag with the licence.You can burn the buck tag and shoot two antlerless if you choose to. It is any deer with antlers less then 3 inches or doe. these tags are good anywhere in NY State. These are nice because you can ride across the border and hunt public land for all seasons with it and everything but bear which is anothe $50.00. It also allows Turkey and any type of game, birds, coyote, fox, rabbit etc. plus fishing all seasons. The tags for archery if not used become valid during muzzle loader season as well. You also get a buck tag for shotgun or rifle if you are in a rifle zone.That buck tag becomes good for another buck during muzzle loader if you dont fill it during regular gun season so its a really good deal. When you buy any licence for an extra 10 dollars you get a choice of two Deer managment permits as well. This year you have to apply for zone 8R as your first choice and 8J as your second if you want a 2/3 chance at getting one. If you do it backwards you will get none because it goes by the probability they set as a non resident so you have to study it and know what your doing or you will lose out. Just remember 8R first choice and 8J as your second. If you are selected for both and bought the Super Sportmans licence you will then have 1 either sex and i antlerless tag plus any DMP's that you were selected for. When you purchase the licence on line it tells you the results right away. You check the licence you want then the box that says DMP and then go to checkout. After that it will ask for your credit card info and then sell you your licence and give you an oppertunity to print your reciept. the after that it takes you to the DMP selection page and you fill out your first choice 8R and second 8J this year as Dale has land in both. If you get all of them you can then shoot one buck and 2 doe or deer with less then 3 inches of antler in 8R where dale mostly will hunt you. After that if you fill all 3 of those he will hunt you in 8J for a chance at a 4th deer. Its quite possible to fill all your tags there but usually most guys get one or two. you always want to use your DMP on a doe first then your other real tag that came with the licence is still good anywhere in the state and again all tags are good for Muzzle loader and your DMP's are also good during regular gun. If you purchase a Non Resident Bow hunting licence only you will only get 1 either sex and two chances at the DMP's. They are only good during archery and you cannot come back to hunt during muzzle loader. Remember dale allows all of his hunters who bought a hunt to come back for free during muzzle loader and its bring your own food and $50.00 per man per day to pay the guide so you can fill any tags you didnt fill with your bow for short money. This has always been his policy but it also depends on how many hunters really want to come back and how many days because he only has so much room so you need to tell him if you arwe coming or not at the end of your hunt and give him the $50.00 per day up front if he has room.

16-Aug-11

This buck came through on my birthday. I'm hoping to see him again.

18-Aug-11
Just got an e-mail from Bass Pro that the Wildlife Innovation IR4 cam will be on sale for $49 in store and Friday only.

18-Aug-11
Spike, You may not have any skips yet, but you've got just about everything else. Nice Pics. What zone did you say?

Chris

18-Aug-11
Slim, $49 is awesome deal for that camera. As u can see the bears are the day pics and porcupines at night so sure their are better cams out there but for 50 to 60 bucks u can't beat it. Last time I checked my cam it has been out for 4 weeks so far and still has at least 75% battery life and has been down poured on a few times, not too shabby! GreyGhost, I plan on a few skips soon as I'm moving the cam to a torn up run. I decided to face the cam to a small logging road between clearcuts as I saw numerous moose tracks so I wanted to get a few on cam. Now it's time for the deer! By the way, that is in zone 6.

22-Aug-11

DanaC's embedded Photo
DanaC's embedded Photo
Lots of turkeys in central MA...

22-Aug-11

DanaC's embedded Photo
DanaC's embedded Photo
Deer behavior the magazines don't publish articles about ;-)

22-Aug-11
Dana, I haven't seen a turkey since the season ended, not sure where they are hiding! I figured I would have a few pics of them but none.

23-Aug-11

Slim's embedded Photo
Slim's embedded Photo
Can't tell if this is a LARGE Doe of if the "Camera added 20lbs". Kinda close pic might make her look a little bigger? I like to think she is big...

23-Aug-11

Slim's embedded Photo
Slim's embedded Photo
another pic

23-Aug-11

Slim's embedded Photo
Slim's embedded Photo
with fawn.

23-Aug-11
I don't know Slim, to me she looks kind of emaciated? It looks like you can see her backbone, ribs, and shoulder blades like she has a disease or something? Especially in the second pic?

23-Aug-11
I noticed that too. but I also thought her overall size was big. not sure if she has a wound or just a skin issue on her hind.

25-Aug-11
I think she does look sick or very old. Shouldn't be able to see the spine or ribs like that. My guess is shes a big ol' girl who's done her time. Won't be long before the yotes drag her down...

25-Aug-11
Good point I never thought of her being old, maybe so?

26-Aug-11

skipper76's embedded Photo
Any Idea what this buck will score?Thank's guys

26-Aug-11
115ish give or take 10 inches....like the basket rack though cool looking deer....

26-Aug-11
I was wondering if it would just make P&Y due to the thick beams. I'm sure some is velvet but comapared to the ear they look big. Does this look like a young buck to you guys?

26-Aug-11
mass looks good, but definitely some of it is velvet. Unfortunately mass only accounts for so much. it has good mass but its a tight rack, and its an 8. g2's are about 7 inches or so...sometimes its so tough to tell on camera though. Definitely a deer to be proud of either way...

26-Aug-11
I'm hoping for a better angle on him, I decided to pull the cam for the storm so I will try and get him again afterwards.

26-Aug-11

27-Aug-11
I'd say mid 90's to low 100's on that 8. It's an awesome looking rack. the mass is at least part due to the velvet, and it does not look super tall, but does look tight. A perfect head on shot would help...

I'd be proud as heck of that deer though, love the rack's shape... and those backstraps - YUM!

15-Sep-11

MassBucks's embedded Photo
Finally got a few respectable bucks on one of my cams. Another cam keeps picking up the same two coyotes. I'll take a poke at any of them given the opportunity

15-Sep-11

15-Sep-11

15-Sep-11

15-Sep-11

parting shot

15-Sep-11

BC's embedded Photo
BC's embedded Photo

15-Sep-11

DanaC's embedded Photo
DanaC's embedded Photo

15-Sep-11

captain's embedded Photo
captain's embedded Photo
all ive been getting is does

15-Sep-11

captain's embedded Photo
captain's embedded Photo

15-Sep-11
date is wronge on last pic it was sometime this week the pic was taken

17-Sep-11
does have back straps to !!!!

17-Sep-11

MJG413's embedded Photo
MJG413's embedded Photo

17-Sep-11

DanaC's embedded Photo
DanaC's embedded Photo
This one's hanging in the same area, getting a pretty fair idea of her travel routes. Devious old biddy...

17-Sep-11
Hey Dana, what zone was that bear, just curious?

19-Sep-11
MJG is that buck from mass? all my recent buck pics are still wearing full velvet. Good looking animal either way

19-Sep-11
Yes from mass zone 5

20-Sep-11
Great pic's guys! All the deer should be out of velvet by the end of this week. . I have no time to set up cameras this year too busy with tornado clean up.

20-Sep-11

Bucks in my area have all shed velvet since last week

20-Sep-11

20-Sep-11
nice bucks , massbucks ! what zone ?

21-Sep-11

Zones 9 & 10. I think I have a chupacabra running around one of my spots in 10.

21-Sep-11

This guy is definitely ugly enough for an arrow

21-Sep-11
Wow, is that a coyote or a red fox?

21-Sep-11
Spike78, sorry about the delayed answer, the bear was photographed in Belchertown - Zone 7. There was one shot a couple miles down the road, went over 350, not sure if this was him. Possibly...

22-Sep-11
It's a Coyote. A very nasty,mangy looking coyote

22-Sep-11
That coyote looks like it is part Hyena!

22-Sep-11
Alot of bear sightings in zone 7 Dana, thats where I live. I have to admit, I feel bad for the coyote, must be a miserable feeling.

23-Sep-11
That yote needs whacked bad

23-Sep-11
That is a wonky little yote for sure... Mange... must be.

Some great looking buck's all!

23-Sep-11
yeah, I'll gladly put him out of his misery if I get the opportunity. Dont think I'll be skinning him though.

23-Sep-11
not sure I'd bother retrieving the arrow let alone the 'yote. mangy as all get out!

24-Sep-11

24-Sep-11

07-Oct-11

DanaC's embedded Photo
DanaC's embedded Photo
Not many acorns up in the state forest, deer scattered some. Getting a few daytime pix as temps cool. One fat raccoon, and this guy -

07-Oct-11
I like the "Big Nose" Doe you captured, greyghost.

07-Oct-11
The nose looks somewhat bovine. As it turns out she's a he. I think that is the spike from the following picture. Three minutes after and I had some pics a few minutes before.

09-Oct-11

XMan's embedded Photo
XMan's embedded Photo
Here's a southshore buck, just put this camera out.

• Sitka Gear