steve 17-Oct-12
24-Feb-12
When, where, and with whom?

25-Feb-12
Gene and I will be up there in early June

29-Feb-12
Last week of June, with TSI.

01-Mar-12
Depending on the bear drawing! My daughter Jennifer and I will be hunting black bear with a friend in Unit 15. Dates for hunting aren't set in stone, but probably early to mid May.

22-Mar-12
Unit 25 starting around May 27th and planning on being patient for 10 or 12+ days.

Hunting with friends from Moncton. They want me to hunt for weeks if I can. They have taken their share of bears over the years and havent shot one off of their baits for 3 years now. Lots of pics of nice boars though.

They've been letting 2 300 pounders walk. They look for giants only. I'm hoping I see one of those 300 pounders. That'll do for me just fine for now.

Fired up.... won't be long now. Sure is hot out.

03-May-12
who else

06-May-12
I'm in bear camp right now.

08-May-12
Will be there on May 27th with Canadesis Outfitters...

15-May-12

New York Bowman's embedded Photo
New York Bowman's embedded Photo
My daughter did! She has the most demanding time schedule and the only time we could squeeze a hunt in was for Sat. May 12 and then again on Mon. May 14. She had prom on Friday night so at 2 AM Sat. we headed for NB. After 8 hours we pulled in and started getting ready for the stand. We hit the stand at about 2 PM and sat till about 9:30 PM. Had one very nice bear come in right at dark, circle down wind and then slink off. No hunting on Sun. in NB so we went to church and then took my wife to a nice restaurant for dinner and relaxed. Jen has Council track championships on Tues. so we would really only had Sat. morning to hunt if she wanted to make the meet. We knew there were good bears hitting the site in the mornings and we planned a quiet stalk to the bait. Sure enough two nice bears. One really big bear and he let us get close, but Jen just didn't take a shot. We thought our chance was over. We climbed into the stand at about 6 AM and at 6:24 AM a bear moved in and Jen made a perfect shot (gun). Sorry about the gun post, but Jen had a tough time last year in Manitoba when she hit a bear perfectly, but didn't get an exit hole and we never found the bear. She just wasn't ready for the bow again yet and we really wanted her to get her first bear. Anyway, a beautiful 185# bear with a flawless hide. No idea on skull.

25-May-12
What a great story, post, picture and family accomplishment. Congrats!

26-May-12
I'm hunting with Gary Reeder from St Martin Outfitters out of Sussex June 4th - ? Hope all the dandelions and fiddleheads are gone!

29-May-12
I cant make it this year. I wish I could but a new job and lack of PTO is keeping me home.

01-Jun-12
Cornbread -

Good luck to you and Gene this week. Let us know how you make out and post lot's of photos.

05-Jun-12
Any word from the West VA boys?

08-Jun-12

Cornbread's embedded Photo
A few pics from our trip

08-Jun-12

08-Jun-12

11-Jun-12
Some nice bears !!!Congrats to you guys!!

19-Jun-12
I was just talking with a friend who's name i shall not mention!!!!! he is hunting a baitsite he calls BBS. Anyway its his first time using trditional equipment and he had 6 bear come in but no shot oppertunity. the smallest bear came to the base of the tree which was 5 yards from the bait. It came in and gave a good hard look at the tree line to the left then bolted . That when the scat hit the fan. A big bad boar came in and walked right to the bait but held up in brush 6 yards from the barrel but he was 5 feet from the man with the bow. Afraid of getting busted the only option was to wait for the bear to get to the bait. That didnt happen. the bear looked up and went nuts. trashing trees and shaking his head popping jaws all that stuff. Not saying that the hunter was scared but definatly shook up. he eventualy came down and called me. We are going out today and adjust the set up and I'm going to video the hunt. Think hes a bit crazy . He is set up 5 yards from the barrel and i think 9 feet high sitting right on top of 3 trails . Ill keep you posted

20-Jun-12
day 2 ends up with plenty of video of 4 smaller bears . A new stand location didnt work as planned the big one came out 5 yards from the first place he sat monday! behind the brush and safe from harm.

20-Jun-12
Different baitesite 3 smaller bears and lots of cool video. try again tomorrow

24-Jun-12
Can get the pics to post?

08-Sep-12
anyone on this site hunting NB this fall. When and with whom. Keep us updated. I am going to try to run up for a few days mid october with one of the better operations up that way.

12-Sep-12
Heading to Lloyd gates oct 7th

12-Oct-12

Bou'bound's embedded Photo
Bou'bound's embedded Photo
10/12/12 with Taz

13-Oct-12
Atta boy Grant. Lets hear about it.

17-Oct-12
Your the man !!!!Congrats Steve

• Sitka Gear