whitetailer 05-May-12
Michael B. 08-May-12
30pointer@work 08-May-12
bghunter 15-May-12
Elk Dreamin 15-May-12
whitetailer 16-May-12
pybucks 25-May-12
01-May-12
I'm looking for a taxidermist recommendations for a deer mount. Quality is my top priority. Not too far from Fond du Lac or Milwaukee would be ideal. I need to make a decision soon. Thanks,

01-May-12
Al's Taxidermy in the Shioctin area....he is working on my 3rd in 10 years as I write and I have absolutely no complaints. My 10 year old mount looks as good as the one I picked up last November He's a successful full-time Taxi and is also an Taxi instructor....working out of his brand new purpose-built professional studio on his property. Google him.

He will never be the least expensive option out there....and I would have never went to him the first time if he was.

02-May-12
High Country taxidermy offers some of the best high quallity features I've ever seen. I've never had one of my own animals done there, but they go so far as to put droplets of glue on a deers' wiskers to make it look like snot or condensation forming on a cold day.

02-May-12
I have gone to and referred a lot of people to Animal Art Taxidermy in Campbellsport and I have heard of no problems or had any complaints myself. Only happy customers. Very nice work. If you want one close to Fondy, you could run over and check out his work first. Not far away. Go check it out and talk to him.

02-May-12
I believe High Country is out of business or going out of business. Do a search for High Country Taxidermy Eagle Wisconsin and you'll find a lot of ticked off customers on various hunting and taxidermy websites asking for help to try and get their mounts back or even their unmounted capes, horns, antlers, etc.

02-May-12
Bummer about High Country, Northwoods Taxidermy in Waukesha does a great job. Expensive, but you get what you pay for.

02-May-12
I live in Waukesha so it would be convineint for me to stop in a Northwoods but I cannot seem to find a Northwoods Taxidermy in Waukesha.

02-May-12

Mountain Man's Link
I believe the Northwoods Taxidermy in the Waukesha area is the one run by Dan Trawicki the County Sheriff.

Go to the link and look on the left side, top center, he has an ad there.

02-May-12
Thanks Mountain Man, Have you seen his work?

02-May-12
No, I haven't but I have heard it is good. I think he does mounts for some of the SCI guys. I would give him a call and check him out.

03-May-12
A little bit of a drive but Chris of http://www.naturesowntaxidermy.com/game_heads.html Does great work and is reasonable. His turkey won the state championship this year at the taxidermist competition and his deer did very well also

04-May-12
Dirk Stolz does excellent work. He is close to Fond du Lac.

04-May-12
John Luzak does amazing work... He is just west of Fondy. Over in El Dorado.

04-May-12
Scout is correct. John Luzak (I'm not sure if his last name is spelled correctly) does really nice work.

05-May-12
Buckys Taxidermy - Grafton. Very expensive, but very good...............

08-May-12
Dan Trawicki has done a life size black bear, antelope shoulder mount, and a full size fox for me so far. His life size full strut turkeys look amazing and the fish too. Hes a great guy and fun to shoot the bull s. about hunting too.

08-May-12
I FINALLY got a hold of John and he agreed to take my work. He was my first choice all along. Thanks.

15-May-12
I have had all 19 of my animals done by Northwoods taxidermy. Everything from Full mount Mt Lion to Pheasant and work is great and turn around time is quick.

If anyone needs contact information PM me and I can get you in contact with him.

15-May-12
I will agree with Animal Art in Campellsport. Just got my deer back from him and he did a great job. Very professional, high quality, and reasonably priced. I am very impressed and he will have my business from now on.

Nathan

16-May-12
yes trawicki does nice work, and is a very nice guy, he did a pheasant for me. Another small time guy in Mercer, who has a small shop in the basement, but does really good work, (did a bear, and is doing a big buck for me now), is Chris Fink out of Mercer, but he has more work than he can handle.......

25-May-12
Randy Tomlinson's Taxidermy Great work great prices

• Sitka Gear