Bowsite.com on Facebook
  • Deerbuilder Food Plot Website
  • Trail Cam Photos
  • Bowsite.com Elk Section
  • Mathews Solocam
Summit Treestands Mathews Solocam Carbon Express Arrows Moultrie Game Cameras Sitka Gear LaCrosee Footwear 3RiversArchery
Whitetail Deer Section Elk Section Black, Brown, & Polar Bear Section Moose Section Mule Deer Section Sheep Section Bowfishing Section Mountain Goat Section Pronghorn Section Mountain Lion Section Wild Turkey Section Caribou Section Hogs & Exotics Section Small Game Forum Africa Section Food Plots on DeerBuilder.com Bowhunting / Archery Equipment

Unit 411 Snowy Mountains

Main/Big Game Conferences
forum rules Registration
PRINTABLE VERSION

EMAIL TO A FRIEND

Messages posted to thread:
lawman7 29-Jul-12
Straight Arrow 05-Aug-12
glacier 06-Aug-12
lawman7 16-Aug-12

From: lawman7 ........ No Violations Reported on this individual No Violations Reported on this individual No Violations Reported on this individual ....... Date: 29-Jul-12

Can anyone tell me if the snowy mtn are worth hunting for Elk.I have never hunted the unit and thought it would be worth askin about.Thanks...... Jim

From: Straight Arrow ........ No Violations Reported on this individual No Violations Reported on this individual No Violations Reported on this individual ....... Date: 05-Aug-12

Only if you have a permit.

From: glacier ........ No Violations Reported on this individual No Violations Reported on this individual No Violations Reported on this individual ....... Date: 06-Aug-12

Access is very difficult to come by im much of the 411 and 511 districts. There is some forest and BLM, but the habitat in the area I am familiar with is mostly on the private land. Before you start putting in for the permit, I would recommend asking around about places that might allow access...

On the plus side, there are plenty of elk in the area and there are some big bulls!

From: lawman7 ........ No Violations Reported on this individual No Violations Reported on this individual No Violations Reported on this individual ....... Date: 16-Aug-12

Thanks for the replys. If I read the regs correct then My permit is good for that area since they lumped a bunch of HD's together this year. The reason I asked about this unit is that I lost my hunting area in 705 that I usualy hunt.. Did not know there was so much private in the area.. Thanks again..

Reply to Thread

Subject: RE: Unit 411 Snowy Mountains

You are not registered - please click here to register now.

Copyright © 1996-2013 Bowsite.com
No duplication without expressed written consent of the author and Bowsite.com.

Privacy and Registration Policy