New2Bow 14-Sep-12
New2Bow 14-Sep-12
Nick Muche 15-Sep-12
New2Bow 15-Sep-12
Nick Muche 15-Sep-12
Bowhunter 17-Sep-12
FairWeather 25-Sep-12
14-Sep-12
I'm a non-resident hunter and was just wondering how the deer are doing in this drought. It's dry here in Texas also but hasn't seemed to effect the deer yet. Lots of good horns and lots of fawns this year. Been coming to Kansas since 2001 and enjoy each year there. I met some farmers years ago and gained permission to hunt their property and still have it today. Good luck this year to all and will see you in November!

14-Sep-12
My farm is in Greenwood County and I also hunt public there. So far, I have not seen evidence of EHD and I'm praying that it stays that way. A lot of ponds are low there and some are dry. Cropland production has varied with some getting a decent harvest and others baling their soybeans and corn to avoid a complete loss. Most creeks are dry and Fall River and Otter Creek are very low. If you can find a green cropfield like soybeans or alfalfa, you will probably see more deer. In the last week and a half we got 2.5 inches of rain but there is still no runoff. I have several fawns on camera and they look robust and healthy.

14-Sep-12

7mag's embedded Photo
7mag's embedded Photo
Here is a recent pic from Greenwood Co. Note the soybeans are sparse and not very tall in the corner of this field. They grew better in other parts of the property but it was still below normal overall. My farmer even sowed them twice but there was too much heat and not enough moisture. I might add the deer do not use the feeder in the daylight very often. They prefer the beans.

14-Sep-12

New2Bow's embedded Photo
New2Bow's embedded Photo
Here are some GW County bucks for you!

14-Sep-12

New2Bow's embedded Photo
New2Bow's embedded Photo
Another

14-Sep-12

New2Bow's embedded Photo
New2Bow's embedded Photo
And another

15-Sep-12
I LOVE the feeders! Sweet pics! What kind of feeders are those?

15-Sep-12
I wish I could tell you! It's one I picked up several years ago. Just a five gallon bucket with the auto motor on it that senses the time. Releases an hour before sunset and an hour after sunrise. Nothing fancy.

15-Sep-12
Man, it sure brings in the bucks though! You should set your stand up like 15-20 yards from it, I think that is what most everyone else is doing, not sure.

17-Sep-12
I'm glad to hear yal are getting some rain. It's rained all weekend here and we have really needed it. Thanks for the info and I'm looking forward to my trip.

25-Sep-12
Definitely nice to have those feeders go off right at prime time. That way, if I fall asleep in my hunting box, it will be sure to wake me up so I don't miss the big one.

• Sitka Gear