Hoythunter 16-Sep-12
Hoythunter 16-Sep-12
sqiggy 19-Sep-12
archeryhunter56 19-Sep-12
sqiggy 20-Sep-12
ksgoodolboy 20-Sep-12
ksgoodolboy 20-Sep-12
15-Sep-12
Anyone read this article in Buckmasters magazine and the Editors response in the latest magazine. He says Kyle is a resident of Oklahoma. I checked with KDWP and they say they sold Kyle a "resident" permit that year. Sounds a little fishy to me. I have asked KDWP to investigate just exactly what went on here.

16-Sep-12
Who is Kyle?

16-Sep-12
Not sure who he is either, but you could be a resident of any state and still hunt as a KS resident, I believe, if you had been a KS resident at some point and purchased a lifetime hunting permit. I'm pretty sure you can apply for a big game license as a resident this way.

16-Sep-12
http://kdwpt.state.ks.us/news/Hunting/Hunting-Regulations/General-Information/Hunting-Furharvester-License

19-Sep-12
I read this too. Any more news on this. Sounds a little fishy to me.

19-Sep-12
Kyle wrote an article in Buckmasters in which he said he shot a buck during archery season and then came back and shot another during the firearms season in the same year. I asked KDWP how that is possible and they told me that they sold him 1 permit that year as a resident. Now Buckmasters is saying that he only shot 1 in Kansas and shot the other CLOSE to Kansas and that he actually lives in Oklahoma. It doesn't add up to me.

20-Sep-12
That's what I read too. When I first read the story, I did not catch that, since I do not live in Ks. Then I read the letters to the editor and went back 2 months issue and read it again. Soooooooooooo, how does a person that lives in Ok (or any other state) gets a resident tag, other than living in Ks at one time and buying the lifetime license. If this was the case, seems like it would have been mentioned in the article. Reckon KDWP will look into it?

20-Sep-12
There was a article a couple years back in a hunting magazine that I get about some guy from Oklahoma that brought his daughter up to hunt. In the article, written by the 20 something daughter, she says that her dad called her on the radio and told her that a big buck was coming her way and to get ready. She shot like a 180 or something like that. I scanned it and sent it to the KDWP. They investigated and they both got fines is what they told me afterwards. They didn't take the deer or anything though I don't think.

20-Sep-12
I did find the email I sent the sent. It was the August issue of Great Plains Game & Fish with the radios. The state told me that they got a copy and were starting an investigation. After three months, and my inquiry about what came of it all, I got this response back from the state.

"We have gone as far as we can go with the investigation, which did not result in establishing the elements of a crime to a degree that could be brought forward for prosecution. All those involved were interviewed. Officers are continuing to monitor the situation. Thanks for your inquiry."

Kind of disappointing to hear.

• Sitka Gear