TightGroup 08-Nov-12
pogo 09-Nov-12
cheeseman 09-Nov-12
ny griz 09-Nov-12
cheeseman 09-Nov-12
slim 09-Nov-12
HDBOW 10-Nov-12
05-Nov-12
I will be heading up next wendsday to bow hunt the last 3 days of the season and thru the weekend with the gun.. hows it been? Rut? The property owner tells me hes been seeing alot of deer.. has pictures of a few nice bucks..any snow yet?

05-Nov-12
Had snow in DeRuyter over the weekend. Seeing alot of bucks on the prowl but, no chasing. Also, a couple of black bears running around, cuyler hill.

06-Nov-12
had some buck activity last friday but no dice. im new to the area so i dont really know what to expect but with cold temps and the rut only a few days away in my book then it should be hot.

07-Nov-12
I just hunted 7M from the 2nd to the 6th. 3 of us in the woods from sun rise to set and we saw very few deer. This land usually hold good numbers but we just weren't seeing them. Finally Sunday night I arrowed a nice doe right at sunset. I wasn't sure of the hit and with the weather nice and code we figured we would leave her to morning. First thing Monday morning we got on the trail and found her with no problem. Unfortunately the coyotes found her first, before light they completely stripped her right down to her rib bones. They have never had this problem on the land before so it might explain the lack of sightings this year.

07-Nov-12
Hey Tim,

You hunting in Lebanon? I forget. You can't base anything on what we are seeing or not seeing in reality. I've had a good season. Some places beans and corn are still in - others it's cut. We hunt hard and one day one ridge is on fire and the next dead...round and round it goes. Go for it with confidence is all you can do....mid day movement is sub average for us this year I'd say. It's been cold but not nasty, deer are very active at night. I shot my buck at 10a.m. (while snowing for the second time in last few years)If you can sit for 3 days something should happen

08-Nov-12
Yes Stephen I hunt on property bordered by Lebanon. I will be up there the 14th thru the 18th. It's my wife's brother in- laws property. He's been seeing a good amount of deer. Has a couple of good bucks on camera. I was able to get a dmp this year so either way,I'll be happy to put some meat in the freezer. Thanks for the update. Hopefully I'll have some pictures to share..

08-Nov-12
saw a big 8 point in syracuse tonight on my way back from the campus...ran right in front of my car chasing a doe hard. Big big buck. Def would of shook myself out of the stand if I saw him.

09-Nov-12
OK... so hows the hunting at Centros or the Coalyard? I'll be down to camp near DeRyter after Thanksgiving dinner. :)

09-Nov-12
I saw lebanon and had to post this.My dad and I hunted Lebanon Mtn. for 25 years mon gun opener. He hunted until he was 80 but just coud'nt lift a gun anymore. When he was 82 I had to bring him to Hamilton hospital for pre -op tests we had about 1 1/2 hours to waste so we decided to head on up there we got about 1/2 way down the dirt road I looked over, his eyes were all welled up and He said to me I never thought I would see this again. He passed away the next fall. Its a moment I'll never forget ,I miss Him especially during deer season.As far as 7m it seems the last few years, I hunt around Gorton lake and off Beaver creek road and the coyotes outnumber deer 2 to 1.

09-Nov-12
Yes sir,we sure don't need a 24/7 yr round coyote season.This state is F'ed up.

09-Nov-12
On top of that we've got pigs in downtown Utica, and not the fun one's like back in the day!!!

09-Nov-12
Yea cheeseman there is a lot of yotes up there... The property I hunt is off of bisby road...always hear them howlin at night.. I'm yet to see one while hunting though...

10-Nov-12
I am headed to 7m all this week. I will update when I start to see em

• Sitka Gear