IdyllwildArcher 28-Nov-12
DL 29-Nov-12
wakmasterr 18-Feb-13
IdyllwildArcher 19-Feb-13
DL 26-Feb-13
rtbx15 19-Jun-13
28-Nov-12
I am dying right now.

Spent Sat/Sun hunting Palomar mountain. The only thing I came home with was the worst case of Poison oak I've ever had. It was all dead and I tried to avoid the dead fronds, but I am absolutely covered.

My arms, legs, and chest/abdomen/back are completely covered.

I'm on so many steroids I could punch a kitten.

I think my fatal move was trying to do a drive into my dad down a steep north facing ravine (almost worked, out of range). Of course my dad sat and I drove... And waded through the Amazon river valley of poison oak...

At this point, I'll be happy just to get a doe to top off the freezer, yeash, what fallout.

I guess you trade deer for no poison oak, cause up here in D19, we don't have any poison oak!

29-Nov-12
Groin is the worst area to get it. I was in college and was sneaking into some girls room for a party. I couldn't walk for a week without wanting to scratch. If a person could put into pill form the feeling you get scratching poison oak there in a hot shower yod be rich.

18-Feb-13
I had an extreme isue walking in shorts in hibernaing poison oak. It looked like I had rode a horse made out of the stuff and if it had traveled one more inch up my legs I think I may have shot myself. Ended up getting shots to stop the stuff. Ever since then I have used a product called Tecnu Poison Oak Soap and I swear by that stuff. I slipped off a rock nd landed face first in a large bush of poison oak and went home and scrubbed with the Tecnu and never got so much as a red mark. They also make a lotion product to use before getting into the oaks but haven't tied that one as I wouldn't want to be hunting with that smell on me.

19-Feb-13
I've found that just wiping down with baby wipes after exposure works, but back in November, I was camping for a few days and didn't have anything.

26-Feb-13
I used to get it horrible but I can tear it out and be around it while burning it. Something I found out and use when I'm going to be working in it. I get anti perspirant and rub it on my hands, wrists and neck. I also wash off with technu. Supposedly the anti persparint cogs your pours so the poison oak oil can't get in. I've cleared several acres of it on my property and have little or no reactions to it.

19-Jun-13
I recently discovered a lotion that works far better than anything I have ever tried for poison oak; and I have tried dozens of remedies both homemade and storebought. The product is called Calagel. It is made by the people who make Technu. The Technu works great for getting oil off of tools and skin within 2 hours of exposure. For any rash the Tecgnu misses the Calagel takes away the itch within minutes. I am still very careful around the evil plant, but I feel much better knowing there is something to help with that horrible itch.

• Sitka Gear