Contributors to this thread:
BuzAL 05-Dec-12
BuzAL 05-Dec-12
stkshtr 10-Dec-12
CAM 11-Dec-12
DC 15-Dec-12
05-Dec-12

BuzAL's Link
This is the one I was hunting last year. This pic is from a couple years earlier, a half mile away. Had him jump a log 15 yards away and walk by at 5 yards opening weekend. It was just after climbing into my stand, while easing my quiver down with my left hand and holding my arrow in my right hand with my recurve clamped to my knee with my right elbow. Just then, I heard a noise...I was literally 15 seconds too late getting there. Included in the many reasons I was too late was that I had waited to assemble my takedown at the truck and I had stepped into my harness backwards before getting it right.

Then on Thanksgiving morning my buddy and I saw him go around me with a bachelor group and loop back to bed in a fallen treetop 25 yards behind me. When it came time to leave, my partner wisely gently bumped him from his bed toward me and as he paused at that same log he'd jumped before, I got to watch him jump it again just about the time my arrow reached the top of the arc on its way to him. My arrow was 1/4 second too late.

I heard him get shot about a quarter mile away as he was hounding a doe in mid-January.

05-Dec-12

BuzAL's embedded Photo
BuzAL's embedded Photo
Try the pic again.

See what I mean?

10-Dec-12
That's a stud! At least you got to shoot at him and enjoy the rush. And you don't have to pay to have him mounted.

11-Dec-12
That's a disappointment for sure, what did his buddy standing next to him look like?

15-Dec-12
Buz, hope you get him. Thats a whopper.

• Sitka Gear