AMB 23-Apr-14
27-Jan-13

Stan's embedded Photo
Stan's embedded Photo
Six point yesterday.

28-Jan-13
Congratulations Stan!!

28-Jan-13
Stan, I LOVE that bow!(Deer isn't bad either!)

28-Jan-13

Stan's embedded Photo
Stan's embedded Photo
Thanks guys. This one growled at me. Self defense. Swear!

29-Jan-13
Great job Stan! Glad to see you back on the site.

30-Jan-13
Whump sez: Nice deer , so how about your bow ----self bow or other?

30-Jan-13
Thanks guys.Homemade Alabama osage selfbow, bout 63 lbs.

30-Jan-13
Sweet!

31-Jan-13

Stan's embedded Photo
Stan's embedded Photo
Well ended the season on a good note. First last day deer for me. Only got to bowhunt four times this year but it was one of the best four sits I've had in a tree. Left bucks grunting in the night. Maybe they'll still be there next year.

17-Apr-13
I ended the season with a spike and 3 doe with my bow. Was a fun season. Already looking forward to the next one.

17-Oct-13
10-15-13 22yd shot 50yd recovery

[URL=http://s210.photobucket.com/user/amb71/media/DSCN3525_zps1201664f.jpg.html][IMG]http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb317/amb71/DSCN3525_zps1201664f.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

and video:

http://youtu.be/ZVc-vkwiQOo

17-Oct-13

AMB's embedded Photo
AMB's embedded Photo
Try this again

20-Oct-13
Loved that video, AMB. What part of Alabama were those acorns falling?

20-Oct-13
Thanks, I was in Marshall county.

22-Oct-13
AMB, I enjoyed the video. It aint easy filming yourself. Alot going on at the same time and you want to get the shot too. Good Job!

22-Oct-13
Great job. I've started using my go-pro. It does a great job for a camera that can't zoom. It does pick up a broad area though so I don't have to turn it. I got a video of me shooting one this weekend.

22-Oct-13
I'd like to see it Stkshtr

23-Oct-13

DC's Link
Lets see that video Darrin!

Here is one I made from the end of last season. My son's first self filmed hunt.

23-Oct-13
Good job DC!

23-Oct-13

26-Oct-13
10-25-13 10yd shot, spine, that is the finish hole in the pic. 125 gr. landsharks

26-Oct-13

AMB's embedded Photo
AMB's embedded Photo
10-25-13 10yd shot, spine, that is the finish hole in the pic. 125 gr. landsharks

30-Oct-13
Gotta love a spine shot, makes for easy tracking!! Nice early season buck there AMB.

31-Oct-13
AMB, Your On A Roll. May have to get another freezer.

12-Nov-13

BowtechDan's embedded Photo
BowtechDan's embedded Photo
Bama bowsite is kinda slow. So I'll add one of mine from Redstone Arsenal .

13-Nov-13
Great deer Dan!

13-Nov-13
Great Buck Dan!!

14-Nov-13
That's what I'm talking about! Nice buck Dan!

16-Nov-13
Whump sez: I have no idea how it happens but I shot a 200lb 14pt in 2004 on a QA shot, 4bld magnus,, arrow entered about the last rib and came out just behind the foreleg on the opposite side. I went dead center thru the liver cut some gut and didn't touch either lung or the heart. I was up about 20ft on a 15-18yd shot . Looking at the photos you would have thought I couldn't have missed the lungs but they were not damaged at all and I penetrated completely thru that buck from end to end . That was about an 80yd recovery. When someone tells you you can't shoot thru a deer and miss this or that they don't know what they are talking about or they haven't shot very many deer. Glad you recovered the deer. Hunt Safe

16-Nov-13
sorry stik , I posted this in the wrong thread --lol

19-Nov-13

Snapperman's embedded Photo
Snapperman's embedded Photo
For those of you that like to elk hunt. Here is my 2013 drop camp hunt.

John

20-Nov-13
Nice Buck & Elk!

I have always wanted to go hunt elk but so far I have not been able to make it happen. I even lived in New Mexico for awhile and I saw some really huge bulls but I could never get a tag to hunt them. Maybe one day.

22-Nov-13
Chuck Adams always took his hero pictures that way, sitting WAY back.

23-Nov-13
Hi DC, I am going again next year. I have been building my points in many states waiting for that big one some day. In the mean time I do drop camps and over the counter tickets in colorado were you do not need any points. Let me know if you would like to talk about it some time.

John

29-Nov-13
May take you up on that!

17-Dec-13

AMB's embedded Photo
AMB's embedded Photo

AMB's Link
11-14-2013 New Breed Eclipse 125gr. Landsharks

17-Dec-13
Wow, I lost count. Way to anchor her. I love it when I don't have to blood trail one. Good Video.

17-Dec-13
Great shot, enjoyed the video!

17-Dec-13
Great job! Hunting public land or private? Love it when they are traveling but not nervous in a group like that.

17-Dec-13
It's private land, but that was probably 3/4th of the deer on the place. Not at all heavily populated, just in the right place at the right time.

18-Dec-13
You definitely was at the right place. Good job.

10-Jan-14
Got a big spike with my truck the other day, the car coming toward me hit it first. I dispatched it, loaded it up and took it home to gut it, found no internal damage. I skinned it the next day and only found a broken leg, head injury and a little road rash from spinning around in the road. It is in the freezer.

16-Jan-14

Eric Krewson's embedded Photo
Eric Krewson's embedded Photo
Forgot the picture. Not a big deal but you get to see an old guy's deer transporting stuff. An ice fishing sled, wheel barrow(works great for long hauls down woods roads)and my $89.95 receiver hitch deer hoist from Sportsman's Guide, a life saver for us over the hill guys with bad backs who drive F250s with a tailgate way off the ground.

20-Jan-14
Eric, would you recommend that deer hoist? Been thinking about it myself.

21-Jan-14
They are great for loading animals by yourself. Get one that swivels around once you raise the deer to lower it into the truck. I have one and love it.

21-Jan-14
The one from the Sportsman; Guide is a winner at a reasonable price.

I use it from hoisting and field dressing deer to pulling fence posts to raising the Z turn mower to better access the blades and other maintenance. It's a handy tool.

I mounted a 2" reciver hitch, I salvaged off another vehicle, to two cemented in the ground 4X4 posts. That way I can use on the truck or off.

21-Jan-14
Thanks for the info especially the one on The Sportsman Guide, been looking at that one now that I'm a member of their Buyers Club ;-)

28-Jan-14

chris fleming's embedded Photo
Got a doe and a squirrel first week of season.And got a seven point last Friday. Good season.

28-Jan-14

Got a doe and a squirrel first week of season.And got a seven point last Friday. Good season.

28-Jan-14

28-Jan-14

Don Dow Stick bow 47@28 2016 with150 grain snuffer on deer. Judo point on squirrel.

30-Jan-14
Cam,the only thing you will regret abut buying the Sportsman's Guide hoist is the fact that you didn't buy one years ago. I have thrown my back out three or four times in the last few years trying to be macho and load a big deer by myself.

Since I bought mine three of my elderly friends have bought one as well.

03-Feb-14

AMB's embedded Photo
AMB's embedded Photo

AMB's Link
Had a good season. Lot of deer close range that I passed, had a big one show up on camera and capture my attention(only saw him once in the flesh). This little buck found me one too many times. 20yd shot with a 75yd recovery.

03-Feb-14

Joey Ward's embedded Photo
Joey Ward's embedded Photo
Killed 5 with one shot. :-)

03-Feb-14
Nice one Joey! Odd seeing snow in your pics, sure does make for easy tracking though.

04-Feb-14
Yeah, that was last Wednesday evening. And didn't need to track(fortunately). 50 or so yard recovery. Saw her final resting place from the stand.

In other, and in somewhat related news, killed 4 water moccasins during the weekend squirrel hunts.

Weird weather.

And nice video, Andy.

06-Feb-14
Armadillos have taken over the land I hunt, the armadillo wars have started, got 10 in two trips. No bow kills, I learned in the past they really stink up an arrow, so much as to gag you. My 22 does them in.

I have found if you really thin them out it takes about 3 years for them to repopulate an area.

06-Feb-14

AMB's Link
I try and do my part also Eric............

07-Feb-14
I have'nt seen an armidillo in the woods in 3 years. I didn't see a fox, bobcat, coyote, turkey, or rabbit this year. Saw only 4 coons. Only saw 6 deer from the stand this season. And I hunted a bunch.

Not sure what has changed around my hunting area. Usually I see 6 deer on one hunt. Never saw a spotted fawn this season. Only saw one yearling.

Another odd thing, normally hear multiple owls on any given afternoon hunt. Rarely heard one. And saw very few redtail hawks.

Did see more squirrels this year than I ever have. Sometimes 10 or more at one time.

This season was one I've not experienced in over 20 years.

On another note, even with the snow and ice and cold temps last week, I killed 4 moccosins Sunday afternoon while squirrel hunting. And they weren't lethargic by any means. :-)

11-Feb-14
Hope you skinned the moccasins Joey, their skins are worth a fortune to the bow building guys, probably $125 for a matched set, just tack them to a board and air dry them, no salt or borax.

I went after the dillas again, got 4. On my way out after dark I found a target rich environment in another hollow I hadn't hunted them in before so I have a place to check out next time I go.

The curious thing about killing armadillos is they appear to have an ultrasonic warning system when danger is imminent. You can walk up on the first few you kill, after that even dillas a half mile away from your kills will run from you and never let you get up on them.

When I found the target rich environment I had three runners, one ran out of hearing, never stopped, one went to ground about 100 yards away and one got stopped in it's flight by a cedar log and some brush, this one took a bullet when I caught it in my flashlight beam.

17-Feb-14
Got five more armadillos yesterday.

16-Apr-14

Shaw's embedded Photo
Shaw's embedded Photo
I haven't been around here or posted in years. Nice to see some familiar names. I got this 13pt. in Pickens County back on October 21.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

23-Apr-14
Nice buck Shaw, that's one heck of a brow tine!

• Sitka Gear