Possible move to Ontario.
Ontario
Contributors to this thread:
mountainman 29-Jan-13
mountainman 29-Jan-13
Buckstopper 21-Apr-13
Kannuck 31-May-13
29-Jan-13
Hey guys, I am dating a girl from Ontario and it looks like one of us will be moving in the next year or so. So there is a chance I will move up there.

She lives in the Toronto area. If things work out like we are thinking they will we will be living well out of the city.

My question is how is the general hunting in the southern part of Ontario? Can a person hunt deer every year with out drawing? What about the bear hunting in the area? Is there hunting within reasonable driving distance? I am a strict bowhunter. Can you bowhunt during gun season?

I'm guessing the better moose hunting is further north? What about turkey in the area?

As you can see I have a ton of questions. But considering I live and breathing bowhunting, I really need a feel for the area I may be moving to.

She has very good connections up there so finding land to hunt may not be an issue. I'm just curious what you guys think.

Any help/info/ thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

29-Jan-13
The Durham region is where we may be located.

21-Apr-13
Lots of excellent deer and turkey hunting around Durham.

You will have to travel north for bear and moose.

Tags are available every year but for moose you will have to apply for adult tags in designated WMU.

31-May-13
Lots of hunting opportunity around the Durham area.

Check out www.ontariotrophybucks.ca forum. Lots of info there.

As Buckstopper said you will have to travel a bit for moose and bear.

Good Luck!

• Sitka Gear