Bow Pro 18-Oct-17
Bow Pro 18-Oct-17
Bow Pro 27-Oct-17
Bow Pro 29-Oct-17
Bow Pro 28-Feb-18
RezChief_Bowhunter 16-Apr-18
Bow Pro 23-Apr-18
24-Mar-13
Hey everyone I thought this would be a good place to make hunters in Va. aware of our org called Backyard Bow Pro.Go check us out at www.backyardbowpro.org.

24-Mar-13

Bow Pro's embedded Photo
Bow Pro's embedded Photo
Hey guy's here is a better over view of our org..We are a nonprofit charitable org. that gives it's members the tools and credentials to go out and get property to hunt by letting the land owners know they have crime free and proficient hunters on their property.which in turn let's them know their safety and peace of mind is our goal before we even meet them.The way we do this is each member must have a back ground check done and once that is done they do an archery proficiency test and upon completion.They will receive a photo ID card that has an ID number that they can go to our web site and verify you're crime free status.You as a member also receive a member pack full of material to help you gain access to property and discounts with some of our sponsors and you also receive a CD that has land owner testimonials,logos,news paper articles,magazine articles from bow hunting world and North American whitetail magazine.All about our org..There is much more to our org. but I hope this is a good over view and I would be happy to speak with anyone and explain it further.

24-Mar-13

Bow Pro's embedded Photo
Bow Pro's embedded Photo
Hey guy's! I forgot to mention in the previous message that when the land owner let's you on their property as a Backyard Bow Pro member.That a portion if not all of the venison will be put back into the community through the feed the hungry programs in their area.this past season we donated almost 600lbs. of venison to needy families in the area.

26-Mar-13
where are you based out of? is there a membership fee?

27-Mar-13
I am based out of meadowview va.and yes there is a membership fee.The first time membership fee is $195 and that includes you're crimshield background check and you'backyard bow pro membership and all the material and benifits I mentioned in the previous message and once you are a member you are put on the registry and if someone calls and wants to meet a bow pro and they are near you .You would be called from our head office and the property would be you're property to hunt besides the property you get on you're own.So as you can tell you get alot for the price and believe me it is worth it.with in 2 months of being a member I had 3 properties for my team.A total of 1300 acres and did not pay any money because once they see you are part of an org.and see what you have to offer including a web site that they also can use and know that they are helping their community because a portion of the venison will feed the hungry in the area.I could go on and on but to sum it up I feel that all hunters should be part of an org. like ours.I,m sorry this was so long but you can go to our web site at www.backyardbowpro.org or you can email me at [email protected] or you can call me at 276-274-3182 and I would be happy to talk with you more about our org.

28-Mar-13
Meadowview, is that in Russell County?

28-Mar-13
No,It is between Abingdon and Glade Springs in washington Co..Where are you located.

29-Mar-13
I'm in Rocky Gap, which is right at the Corner of Bland Co, Tazewell Co, and Mercer Co. W.V.

I know Meadowview, been thru there some, I was just unclear whether it was in Washington or Russell Co

y'all are about 90 minutes drive-time from me.

31-Mar-13
I have a bow pro property in baptist valley in tazwell.

01-Apr-13
cool! I'll check out your site. :-)

01-Apr-13
AWSESOME!

04-Apr-13

Bow Pro's embedded Photo
Bow Pro's embedded Photo
HEY GUY'S,here is a buck I took off one of our bow pro properties.

02-May-13

Bow Pro's embedded Photo
Bow Pro's embedded Photo
Hey guy's if you are near Abingdon Va. on the 25th and 26th come to the Washington Gun Show at the Washington co. fair Grounds and stop by our Backyard Bow Pro booth and see what our org. is all about.

08-May-13

Bow Pro's embedded Photo
Bow Pro's embedded Photo
Hey guy's today was an awesome day for Backyard Bow Pro in Va..Me and team member Steve Newlin went to the town hall of Saltville Va. and now Team Backyard Bow Pro will be used in the Urban Archery Program.Here is a map that shows 2 of the 3 parcels in town limits that we now have access.

21-May-13

Bow Pro's embedded Photo
Bow Pro's embedded Photo
Hey guy's if you are around Abingdon Va. this weekend come to the Washington co. gun show at the wash. co. fair grounds and visit us at our BACKYARD BOW PRO booth and learn what our org. is all about.We are also having a raffle for a prize pack that consist of a Makita recipro saw supplied by Berry Home Center,a scent eliminator and deer attractant made by a local company donated by Lewis and Clark Outdoors and the lucky winner will also be able to mount their trophy buck this hunting season.Thanks to Adventure T's Taxidermy.So come by and check out the show and have some fun.

26-May-13

Bow Pro's embedded Photo
Bow Pro's embedded Photo
Hey guy's our bow pro's had an awesome time at the show this weekend.Made some new contacts look forward to the next one.

20-Jun-13

Bow Pro's embedded Photo
Bow Pro's embedded Photo
Hey guy's our Backyard Bow Pro members had an awesome evening yesterday.We got to take a look at one of the town properties we get to hunt during the urban archery season in Saltville Va.and found what use to be a cattle farm back in the mountain.this property has water,apple tree's,oak's and open area's and deer sign like crazy.So the next step is to stand locations.

23-Jun-13
Do you have anything around the Lynchburg area? Is the $195 a one time fee and are there monthly fees? How do you do the proficiency test?

24-Jun-13
Hey Setch, To my knowledge without checking our records Lynchburg is wide open and I will check to be sure and let you know.There is no monthly fees but there is ayearly renewal of $79 which $54.95 is to crimshield for the yearly background check and new photo ID badge and $15 is for the yearly Backyard Bow Pro renewal.The proficiency test is emailed to you and you print it off.It is a 10 inch target that you shoot with a witness present and you need to get 8 out of 10 within the target at no less than 20 yards.

12-Aug-13
Hey guy's ,We had some awesome things to happen for Backyard Bow Pro since my last post and if you like check it out go to www.backyardbowpro.org and check us out.I am looking more members to join here in southwest Va. and I want to welcome our newest member Scott trogden to the team.

21-Aug-13

VaUplandHunter's embedded Photo
VaUplandHunter's embedded Photo
Hello All,

I am a Virginia Law Enforcement officer and have been full time since 1982. I am so glad someone thought of this concept to better the opinions and concerns about hunters that are not known.

Two years ago I was tired of trying to find land where I could obtain permission to hunt so I bought 11 acres. This is the first year for a 1/2 acre food plot and hope to have success.

I intend to join your organization if for no other reason but to support this concept and promote safe and responsible hunting practices.

Hope to meet members soon and I will be in touch! Thanks again!

(I will be buying the survival band to draw attention and spread the word.)

Richard Tanner Warrenton, Virginia

23-Aug-13
That Is awesome Richard,We have so much going on at Backyard Bow Pro and growing all over the country.I will pm you my contact info and by the way awesome buck.

25-Sep-13
Hey man I have been trying to send you some contact info but I keep getting errors . so I will put it here for you .

[email protected] 1-276-274-3182

16-Oct-13
hey guy's,

the hunting has been tough due to the lack of acorns but our backyard bow pro team has still been able to harvest some doe's and have seen bucks checking doe's already.So we are getting pumped.

27-Oct-13
The pre rut activity is getting stronger so we decided to use a doe decoy to help get them into bow range and it is working great.So if you are having trouble patterning the deer due to the lack of acorns like us.Use a decoy because they come over and investigate no matter where they come out and that could be enough to let an arrow fly.

27-Oct-13

29-Nov-13

Bow Pro's embedded Photo
Bow Pro's embedded Photo
Hey guys This season has been tough but our Backyard Bow Pro members have still harvested deer and have made a donation to hunters for the hungry and we are also getting ready to make donations to needy families in the area.

13-Jan-14
Hey guy's mark it on you're calendar and come by the washington co. gun show at the holiday Inn on Feb.8th and 9th and visit our Backyard Bow Pro booth and learn more about our org.

14-Jan-14
How many of you are still hunting deer in Va.like our bow pro team here in washington co..We are hunting the urban archery program in the town of saltville and it goes through march.AWESOME!!!!

19-Jan-14
I have received donation pricing on 3-D targets from mckenzie and rinehart targets.AWESOME!!!

10-Feb-14
We had a blast at the gun show this past weekend and made several new contacts with land owners.We also was approached by a radio show that wants to interview us which is awesome!!!

11-Apr-14
It is time to hit the turkey woods in the morning.How are the birds sounding in you're area.

16-Apr-14
A few weeks ago I was contacted by a team member for the American Cancer Society and was asked if our Backyard Bow Pro Team would help in setting up an archery shoot to raise money for their Relay For Life and we excepted and together along with the generosity oh On Target Archery of Bristol Va.we will be selling bracelets for an archery tag event on May 9th 3pm to 9pm.If you have not heard of archery tag it is awesome!Instead of laser equipment you use archery gear.the Bracelets cost 10 dollars and gives you an hour on the course.So you not only get to have a Blast in archery tag you also get to support an awesome cause and our Backyard Bow Pro Team will also be there to help with the event.

08-May-14

Bow Pro's embedded Photo
Bow Pro's embedded Photo
Hey everybody if you have not heard.Our Backyard Bow Pro Team was asked to help a team for the American Cancer Society set up some kind of archery fund raiser to help them raise money for their Relay For Life and we did.It is tomorrow at On Target Archery in Bristol Va..We are selling bracelets that give you an hour of archery tag and it is a blast! the bracelets cost 10 dollars and that means you get to have some fun and support an awesome event and if you have not bought one yet,don't worry they will be selling them at the door also and me and our Bow Pro Team will be there to help with the event.

11-Jul-14
Hey guy's it is almost time for urban archery again.Me and the Backyard Bow Pro Team has signed up again for the urban archery season in Saltville Va. and have already scouted one of the town properties and found some awesome sign.urban archery season starts sept.6.Do any of you participate in the urban archery season around you're area.

09-Oct-14
Hey everybody, I have been busy and have not been on the site for a while. We have gained 4 new team members and 2 new properties. Also this year we are donating to Second Harvest Food Bank which is awesome. Also our org. Is working on some videos for a TV show. So we all have been very busy.

24-Mar-15
Hey guys check out the video trailer for our show Shoot to grill.Go to YouTube and search shoot to grill and click on shoot to grill video trailer and let me know what you think.

29-Mar-15
hey guy's thanks to yeti coolers we will be raffling off a tundra 35 cooler and we will be selling 6 tickets for 5 dollars and no limit to how many you can purchase.so if you are local and would like some ticket let me know.we will start selling tickets in about 3 weeks.

04-Apr-15

Bow Pro's embedded Photo
Bow Pro's embedded Photo
hey guy's check out our new sponsor Axe Broad Heads and believe me when I say they are an awesome broad head. I was never a mechanical fan so I put them to the test and was impressed.I first sighted my bow back in with field points and once that was done I took the field point off and put on the one called the Battle axe and shot hitting the exact same spot.so far happy so then I decided to do some varmint testing and went to a farm I bow hunt ground hogs and took this one at 34 yards and he did not go any where.

04-Apr-15

Bow Pro's embedded Photo
Bow Pro's embedded Photo
the Battle Axe has a 2in.cut and is 100gr.they also have other heads to choose from and have 4 new ones coming soon.

11-Apr-15

Bow Pro's embedded Photo
Bow Pro's embedded Photo
Our backyard bow pro team had an awesome morning in the turkey woods.

13-Apr-15

Bow Pro's embedded Photo
Bow Pro's embedded Photo
Here is a few more birds our team harvested Saturday and today.

13-Apr-15

Bow Pro's embedded Photo
Bow Pro's embedded Photo

14-Apr-15
Congrats on the birds.

14-Apr-15
Nice birds ! and a big CONGRATS to you all!

14-Apr-15
Thanks it is a good start to the spring gobbler season and good luck to you guy's.

28-Apr-15

Bow Pro's embedded Photo
Bow Pro's embedded Photo
Hey everybody don't forget and come to the Washington Co. Gun Show at the Holiday Inn at exit 7 in Bristol Va. and come by our Backyard Bow Pro Booth and say high and get in on our raffle.We are raffling off a Yeti tundra 35,6x18x40 riffle scope with a BDC reticle and a 50 dollard Mahoney's gift card.

28-Jun-15
Hey everybody we got good news. Our show Shoot To Grill will be on the Sportsman Channel and if you have not seen the trailer video you can go to utube and search Shoot To Grill .

29-Nov-15

Bow Pro's embedded Photo
Bow Pro's embedded Photo
Our Backyard Bow Pro Team has done well so far this season. We have took several deer and a bear and this is an eight point I took with a rifle and I had had an encounter with him during bow season. I shot another 8 from the same spot in early muzzleloader but it made it to another property and I was not allowed to go and recover him and that sucked but this one was bigger and I called him in from the property we are not allowed to go on. so that was Sweet!He has an 18" inside spread and weighed 220.

29-Nov-15
Congrats on the 8 pt. Glad you guys are having fun and filling the freezer.

29-Nov-15
Thanks! Our org. Backyard Bow Pro's main mission is feeding the hungry and we are well on our way to helping some needy families in the region.

06-Dec-15

Bow Pro's embedded Photo
Bow Pro's embedded Photo
Hey everybody if you have not heard of Ultra Pro X action cams you owe it to you're self to check them out. Our team has been using them to film our hunts and they are amazing and the price is awesome. If you go onto the site and decide you want one enter the discount code and get an additional 15% off.

03-Jan-16
How many of you are doing urban archery. Me and the team start back this month and it goes to march 29th.

14-Jan-16
Hey everybody if you are around Chilhowie Va. on Feb. Then you need to come by Crossroads Outfitters and see us. We will be there from 9am to 4pm and that day the owner will be having sales on archery products and we will have Broad Heads from Axe Broad Heads and photos of animals harvested this season with them. Also we will be raffling off an action cam from Ultra Pro X and these camera's are Awesome! So if you are in the area come out and have a good time.

18-Jan-16
Anyone have any reviews or comments or heard of either on the Ultra Pro X Adventure Cams ? They look pretty nice and I am thinking about trying one out to see how it does. Any help or info would be nice. Thanks.

18-Jan-16
We are going to have ours with us the day of the event and we will also have some videos we took with the cam. So people can see what it does.

08-Feb-16

Bow Pro's embedded Photo
Bow Pro's embedded Photo
Me and the team spent the day at Crossroads Outfitters on Sat. and it was a blast. we got to let several people know about our org. and also turned a lot on to Axe Broad Heads and Ultra pro X action cams and we also raffled an Ultra Pro X cam 7 and the excitement on the winners face when he came back in to pick up his cam was priceless!

21-Feb-16
I was on the phone with a few of the landowners that use our Bow Pro Team the other day and while I was talking to the one that has 3 properties in Grayson Co. that we done well on. We started talking about spring gobbler and he gave us 2 more properties. So that is 5 in Grayson Co. not counting the properties in Washington Co..Now if that is not a testimony to how our Organization's program works. Then I don't know what does.

12-Mar-16
I am ready to put an axe broad head to work on some gobblers. Is everybody getting ready?

09-Apr-16

Bow Pro's embedded Photo
Bow Pro's embedded Photo
It is time to get after them gobblers and to make it even better. Our Bow Pro Team is having a Turkey challenge to spice things up.

13-Apr-16
Good luck to all of you.

13-May-16
Hey everybody how has the turkey season been for you guy's. It has been tough here but we have got 1 nice one 21.4 lbs. and an 11 in. beard.

19-May-16

Bow Pro's embedded Photo
Bow Pro's embedded Photo
check this out we were on the big screen at the last show.

13-Jun-16
hey everybody we are checking cams and already have bear.

13-Jun-16
hey everybody we are checking cams and already have bear.

19-Jun-16

Bow Pro's embedded Photo
Bow Pro's embedded Photo
Here is the bear that has been wearing out our feeders.

08-Aug-16
hey everybody if you are around ashville nc. on aug. 28th come by the field and stream and see us and learn more about our org.

01-Sep-16
Our bow pro Team had an awesome time at field & stream in Ashville Nc.. We also made friends with some of the guy's from Antler Insanity TV. and Axe Broad Heads.

19-Sep-16
Hey everybody we are having our Big Game Banquet this weekend at Claxton Farm in Weaverville Nc..It is an awesome event and awesome food.So go to backyardbowpro.org and get you're reservation.

18-Oct-16
Hey everybody go check out our new page carolina outdoors on facebook and give us a like while you are there.

06-Nov-16

Bow Pro's embedded Photo
Bow Pro's embedded Photo
our team scored 2 more to donate this morning.

30-Jan-17
Hey everybody if you are around Abingdon Va. on March 23rd come by the Higher Ed center and see me and the guy's at the Taste of the outdoors event. There will be great food and prizes and best of all it's FREE! and while you are there come by our booth and see what we are all about.

14-Mar-17

Bow Pro's embedded Photo
Bow Pro's embedded Photo
Hey everybody, me and the team decided to make our own page on Facebook and that way we can show everything we do as Backyard Bow Pro members here in Va. in one place. So if you would like to see what we do through out the season go to our page Backyard Bow Pro Team Southwest Va. and give us a like and folow.

29-May-17
I went out today with the bow and done some varmint control for a landowner. I got to shoot 2 ground hogs before it rained and saw several more. Is anyone else hunting ?

31-May-17
Spring Squirrel Season opens Saturday, 3 June.

You can almost bet the farm that Fuzzy and I will be out in the woods somewhere. Maybe Owl, too, but he is just too dang busy with work.

31-May-17
I have a .22 Gamo Air Rifle that is just ready to throw lead downrange.

I won't waste an arrow on a squirrel.

23-Jun-17
Hey everybody our Backyard Bow Pro Team Is Busy as all get out! One of the most exciting things recently was a meeting I had with the Town manager of Pulaski concerning their deer population in the town limits and the urban archery program they did not they already had in place. The meeting was a huge success and at the end they were going to propose opening up the old landfill site which consist of over 700 acres on the out skirts of town for our team to hunt among other things. So all in all a very successful meeting.

07-Aug-17

Bow Pro's embedded Photo
Bow Pro's embedded Photo
Hey everybody I don't know if you have seen this product yet but it is called wind pro. It is a powder used to make mock scrapes and it comes in buck and doe estrus and the good thing is it is synthetic and we are getting deer working them now and I will share some trail cam pics. from the last 2 months and if you want to see some more . go to our facebook page Backyard Bow Pro Team Southwest Va.

12-Aug-17

Bow Pro's embedded Photo
Bow Pro's embedded Photo
Here is another pic. of a 10 point working one of our wind pro scrapes.

02-Oct-17
Our team is excited to getting started this weekend. we checked cams yesterday and there is alot of action on whitetop.

18-Oct-17
Hey everybody our Backyard Bow Pro Team has a huge announcement for you. We teamed up with Cabela's and starting Friday you can bring a bag of non perishable food items to Cabela's and they will give you a ticket and on Dec. 9th we will draw a lucky winner and that winner will win hunt package that includes a muzzle loader, action cam, trail cam, camo and much more. All the food will go to second harvest food bank. This is going to be huge!

18-Oct-17
If you want to know more about this event you can go to our Facebook Page at Backyard Bow Pro Team Southwest Va. to see the pro mo video we done with Cabela's. Also last week we had a Blast hunting taking 5 and a complete solo cam doe hunt I done and it is on our new Youtube channel Backyard Bow Pro Va. TV.. WE are BUSY!!!

27-Oct-17
Hey everybody here is the flyer for the event we have teamed up with Cabela's to do and we are excited ! So if any of you are around Cabela's in Bristol . Take a bag of nonperishable food and they will give you a ticket and you are in the drawing for the hunt package.

29-Oct-17

Bow Pro's embedded Photo
Bow Pro's embedded Photo
here is an awesome buck we got off one of our river properties.

28-Feb-18
Hey everybody be sure to come to the 3-B outdoors Expo on March 9th -11th our team will be setup with Tactacam and we will be doing a Raffle for a badlands 2200 pack that one lucky winner will win that weekend.

16-Apr-18
I will be moving into VA July timeframe, w and would be interested in more info about your Org and hunting leases and Public hunting areas. Ive been bowhunting for 6yrs now, and looking forward to hunting in VA soon! [email protected]

23-Apr-18
Hey everybody we have had a lot going on the last couple of months. From events to getting involved with some more major companies in the industry. Such as Raptorazor and Lumenok. We have also been talking with the Va. Game and Fish about contacting our team during Deer season to take possession of deer confiscated from poachers and then we will have it processed and donated.

• Sitka Gear