Moultrie Mobile
protest help needed
North Dakota
Contributors to this thread:
Wild Bill 07-May-13
07-May-13
I took a couple of personal leave days from work last year, to attend pro-gun rallies at the state capitol, as did many of you also. In spite of large turnouts, our legislature voted into law, acts which will ultimately fail to provide the safety they promised their supporters. As gun owners, we can expect that there will be more foolish legislative action to criminalize and penalize, the law abiding and peaceful gun owners. The consequences of the new law is being felt by every gun owner, however, politicians are back to business as usual.

I am proposing a protest, unlike other protests and far easier for the participants to involve themselves in. For the paltry sum of about $8.76 per person, we can conduct a year long protest that has the potential to disrupt business as usual in the legislature. As was stated in the press, Connecticut House Minority Leader Lawrence Cafero applauded the compromise." Lawrence Cafero House Republican Office L.O.B. Room 4200 Hartford, CT 06106. By sending him the previous months NRA magazine cover, once every month, in the first week of the month, for one year, June 2013 to June 2014, we can let him know what we think of his position.

I realize that the NRA wants to end the hard-copy magazines for an email/online subscription, however, printing out the cover page and mailing it will do just as well. Also, if you don't have an NRA membership, you can mail the cover of any gun publication.

In this blue state, I would be very pleased to see at least four thousand participants. However, by enlisting the help of millions of other gun owners, across the country. We could make a statement that would be heard by other legislatures throughout the land. Much the way calls clog the switchboard, an extra one million pieces of mail, every month, for a year, could easily inconvenience the legislature operations. The cost of postage for one year is $5.52, the business envelopes $3.24. I really like the thought of a Federal agency delivering our protest message. For those of you who can afford it, Certified Mail Return Receipt Requested, means the recipient's office has to provide a personal signature to establish delivery.

I think this is in the spirit of the recent NRA saying, " Stand and Fight". Jamming up the mail room is something like dumping tea in Boston harbor, a statement that will catch notice. The Sons of Liberty, by their action, galvanized colonists to resist tyranny. This is something you CAN do.

• Sitka Gear