Troutguide 22-Oct-13
Stinkbait1 24-Oct-13
BFTMASTER 24-Oct-13
HarrisOK 24-Oct-13
OkieRedneck 11-Nov-13
oksniper 11-Nov-13
HarrisOK 12-Dec-13
13-Jul-13
Finally got lucky again and drew MCAAP. It's been 8 years and long over due. I have friends that drew Hominy Nov 1st, but a long time for them as well.

I'm looking for guys that drew Boggy the weeks before me to get a little recon report before going in. I like the way we all support each other with info. I drew Boggy only once in '98 so I'm not sure of the old spot. I can get back to it no problems, but who knows how things may have changed since then.

Thanks for any help. Anyone going to the Trad shoot in Aug? Bobby

15-Jul-13
Anybody get Boggy?

15-Jul-13
I drew fourth weekend. First time drawing for me. Not sure what to expect. Ill see of I can get you any info after wards

17-Jul-13
John, Thanks, I hope you have great luck and I look forward to talking with you.

Bobby

18-Jul-13
Bobby I sent you a private message.

19-Jul-13
Thanks TG.

24-Jul-13
Thanks for the PM's, keep them coming. Bobby

25-Jul-13
I got Boggy Nov. 15-17th. Will be my 4th trip to Boggy and 6th overall. I've never had a shot opportunity at Big Mac at a big one. I've passed up some small bucks though. Its an amazing place. Just have to hope and pray for good weather.

26-Jul-13
I drew out for boggy nov. 8-10th, for the first time. I am with 3 other guys that have hunted mcalester before, but not boggy. I would greatly appreciate any pointers anybody may have about hunting in boggy.

29-Jul-13
Sent you a PM. Good luck to everyone.

26-Sep-13
A friend and I have drawn Boggy for the Nov 8-10 hunt. We hunted Deer Creek 4-5 years ago but I've heard Boggy can but a much different hunt.

I look forward to everyone's updates as the earlier hunts finish up.

I also welcome any insight that anyone might have on Boggy.

Thanks,

- Okie

20-Oct-13
This is my first year at the ammo plant too and I'll be in Boggy. Any tips are much appreciated!

Thanks! Daniel

21-Oct-13
Me, My Dad and Uncle and cousin have drawn in for Nov. 8th in Hominy. Really excited to hunt with my dad his brother and his son. I have not killed many deer with a bow much less a recurve, so my plan is to shoot any deer that offers me a good shot, a feel good about any kill. Hopefully we will see and get a chance at some nice deer.

To the guys that were drawn in weekends before us:

What was the policy on cell phones? I know they say no cameras, etc. but I have heard that they are permitting cell phones....but from a unreliable source(AKA BS)

I know that the ability to text message each other has really changed our game in the few years, and I hope that maybe they will permit them?

Any tips or reports on Hominy, will be greatly appreciated.

21-Oct-13
Not many cell phones available that DO NOT have a camera these days. In the past they have allowed them but you better not get caught with any pictures of the post. Also search your vehicle well before you arrive. No spent brass, lighters, live ammo, guns etc...

Biggest tip I can give is get somewhere and stay there. You are not going to stalk and shoot these deer. They see hundreds of hunters every weekend for 2 months every year. In the hunt areas they are as wild as any I have seen.

21-Oct-13
Our plan is to stay put, but we are going to set up an extra stand on scout day just as back up incase one of us is in a dead area.

21-Oct-13
just don't get caught with pics on your phone. We text some to pass the time, but coverage can be kind of spotty.

You can have a bic type lighter, but no strike anywhere matches, and it better not be in your gear once you leave the campsite area.

They will boot you for spent brass.

22-Oct-13
Any updates on activity or conditions?

24-Oct-13
Last time I was there (bout 6 yrs ago) they searched our caravan on scout day. I was a driver and I can tell you they search EVERY INCH of your vehicle, all hunter's gear, packs, etc. When they say no fire making devices allowed in the hunt area, they mean it. There are no second chances on this hunt. So, before you leave for your hunt check and re-check your vehicle if you are a driver. Vacume it out very thoroughly. Get a flashlight and check under your seats. If your truck has a cigarette lighter leave it at home or at camp. Take no chances. It is YOUR responsibility to make sure your vehicle is clean. I don't know what they do in the event they find something illegal in the vehicle. Do they kick the whole group out or do they just kick the driver out and make the group select a new driver? I know I would be really pissed off if my driver got me booted off the base because he failed to clean out his vehicle. If you get checked, you will have to "assume the postion" and they will give you the pat down, empty your pockets, etc. They even made me open my can of Copenhagen. The security guys were very cool. We laughed and joked a little about various things. They were all good natured guys but they take their job VERY SERIOUSLY. I kind of look at it like going through security at an airport. No jokes about fire, cigarettes, etc. But, always remember they are just doing their job. Respect them and everything will be OK. I got the impression the last thing they wanted to do was have to kick someone out. I am going the week of Nov. 15th to Boggy. I plan on driving again. I have a two wheeled game carrier that anyone that rides with me is welcome to use. I have room for 3 guys. I will be camped out in an old (I mean old) Fan pull-along camper. My truck is a bright red Chevy Z71 crew cab with a Skeeter sticker on the back window.

24-Oct-13
Does anyone know if there is a shower house at the camp grounds? Camper has a cracked shower floor and I am worried about my scent.

24-Oct-13
They do have showers and a laundry mat at the camp grounds.

11-Nov-13
Well my McAPP hunt (Nov 8 - 10) is in the books for the year. No luck this time!

I ended up hunting all the way down on the south end of Road D, we parked next to the last bunker and spread out from there. The boggy unit had 99 hunters show up so needless to say the entire area was saturated, especially the west side of the unit. We picked our spot based on the fact that we wanted to be where everyone else wasn't. None of us had anyone walk thru our setup so that part of the plan paid off.

The four of us in our truck all saw deer Friday but on Saturday two of us didn't even see an armadillo. I left Saturday night due to prior obligations but I did get a text from one of the guys that I rode with saying that he got a doe Sunday morning.

We all saw nice shooter bucks from our stands, two of the guys took shots that resulted in bloody arrows but neither shot was good enough to end up with a dead deer. The only buck I saw was a dandy but with 100 yards between us, all I could do was watch. The closest I got was a doe at 20 yards but she never walked thru any of my shooting lanes.

It seems like the pre-rut activity is starting to pick up. Several bucks were seen following does around and one guy in our group got two nice bucks to turn using his grunt call. Another grunted up a small spike. No one that I talked to had any luck with rattling but it was pretty windy for most of the hunt so it's possible that factored in.

Good luck to the guys hunting week 6. I left them out there for you so you have no excuses!!!

11-Nov-13
Okie redneck I was just west of u. I. Hunted that wheat strip that runs from road d to road c. We seen em, but not close enough. Also seen the hogs. I at least shot a coyote.

12-Dec-13

HarrisOK's embedded Photo
HarrisOK's embedded Photo
I know i'm late but wanted to post a pic of last morning Boggy buck. Wish he would have been bigger, but I wasn't picky on the last morning. They had an amazing year killing more P&Y bucks than I can remember, just didnt see any myself.

• Sitka Gear