JonMann84 02-Aug-13
Monmouth533 02-Aug-13
r-man 06-Aug-13
H8UNH 07-Sep-13
zipper 12-Sep-13
Witt 23-Feb-14
Witt 23-Feb-14
01-Aug-13
I'll apologize in advance if this is already covered, just didn't see it in the threads anywhere...

I am a COMPLETE noob at this, but I have been doing some research and am really looking forward to giving this a try, however , I have absolutely NO CLUE where to start.. I know my draw length is 25.5, other than that I know nothing else. How do you determine what draw weight is sufficient for the shooter? Is it a trial and error type thing? Just looking to go for deer, we do have a house in the PA mountains so I'd eventually like to go for bear (clearly it would be a while before that happened). Either way ANY advice on bows/equip would be great! Thanks!

01-Aug-13
Where do you live? perhaps one of us could recommend the right pro shop. Anyone just starting out should definitely work with a pro shop and get properly set up with some basic instruction... Then we can help you fine tune your form and hunting tactics..

02-Aug-13
I live in Hazlet (Monmouth county).. Anything would help really.. I made the mistake of going to Dick's in Woodbridge yesterday to try and get SOME info.. they we're extremely helpful (heavy sarcasm)! Thanks again!

02-Aug-13
Monmouth county go to A@M archey in Lakewood. Sarcasm will be heavy as well but mike is a great dude and will set you up write. 25'5" is a really short draw length how tall are you?

06-Aug-13
Go drive through The state park in Jackson off 195, I herd they may have a control hunt, and check out Fortdix Range 14 outdoor rec , and there is lots of land around 6 flags off RT 537

07-Sep-13
There's a really great article in the latest petersens bow hunting all about draw weight. If you don't subscribe, pick it up at a grocery store or news stand. The long and short of it is with new technology less weight today still generates the same id not more kinetic energy than bows of yesteryear. As well you're likely to be more accurate, just getting started, not pulling 70#. Get fitted, take advice, but do your own research and find what's comfortable for YOU. I've never seen a well placed arrow not kill a deer regardless of draw weight

12-Sep-13
Get to a Proshop and get fitted properly. A&M best around. Keep your mouth shut and ears open and you might learn something from Mike. Have fun!

23-Feb-14
Sportsman center on rt 130 Bordentown nj see Tim he's great!

23-Feb-14
Sportsman center on rt 130 Bordentown nj see Tim he's great!

• Sitka Gear