bohunr 21-Jan-17
Bogie 01-Sep-17
pelagicide 05-Feb-18
bill v 10-Jun-18
Bogie 28-Jun-18
fap1800 30-Jan-19
Bogie 05-Feb-19
13-Aug-13
Anyone ever do a DIY sika hunt with bow on either fishing boy or taylors island? need some help for my trip im planning when I exit army

14-Aug-13
Are you looking for a self guided public land thing, or a self guided pay as you hunt place? I don't know much about that area at all, but can probably get you started in the right direction.

22-Jul-15
I'm new to the area I could take some pointers on where to go for Sika Archery Deer hunting

20-Oct-16
Good luck. When I lived in Maryland several years ago I was in a lease outside Vienna and was fortunate enough to take a few stags and hinds while in that club. Would also step off on the fishing bay wma occasionally and had success there as well. There are a tough animal to hunt at best, very thick cover mostly nocturnal and very heavily pressured. find the thickest cover you find on the public ground you choose and invest in a good pair of chest waders as well a thermocell !

21-Jan-17
I'd agree there I did purchase a hunt at the Maryland Bow hunters Auction last year for 2 and took my son and he saw 1 Hind and I didn't see anything but they were on the cameras every night and different spots they had during the day just didn't work out. I didn't see any but 2 other hunters in camp harvested 2 small stags. Saw plenty on the side of the road every night on the way into to Cambridge for dinner. I'm going to try some spots in the early season next year.

01-Sep-17
Blackwater archery permit only 20 bucks lots of prime area to hunt.

05-Feb-18
I am interested in a hunting lease for Sika’s, can anyone point me in the right direction?

10-Jun-18
Big red. Just go. You will learn as you go. Hunt any of those spots. Deer everywhere. Hunt mid oct. go further out into swamp then you think you should as long as there’s a stable tree to get into. Look for young frag to hunt over maybe 1 foot high green shoots. With sign of nibbled down areas If you want to stay in the woods. Then if you can find a woods corner w swamp on both sides start there and adjust. Not swamp corner with woods on 2 sides

Good luck. Go learn. Go try You’ll love it

Bill v

28-Jun-18
Yes and have a lot of patience. you might sit all day till dark for that magical 20 seconds. but it is worth it

30-Jan-19
I'm curious to know from the experienced sika hunters if chasing these guys during the rut with a bow just as you would with an elk is viable? Or is it simply better to identify travel routes and hang a stand? Thanks in advance! My buddy are planning on to hunt sika in October.

05-Feb-19
You can't predict a Marsh Ghost... That being said: find well traveled routes hang a stand or ground blind set, and wait it out. sent control a must, noise control a must. Luck Mandatory. Mew calls work well. but sitting and waiting is the best option. a Stag most likely willnot come into bait until very dark, Hines will. Enjoy

• Sitka Gear