Yendor 30-Aug-13
westla 31-Aug-13
Yendor 12-Sep-13
Yendor 12-Sep-13
westla 13-Sep-13
Dreaming Big 30-Sep-13
Yendor 30-Sep-13
22-Aug-13
I knew that it would probably happen one of these days, but a wildfire is getting really close to burning my happy hunting gorunds of the last 26 years. I have watched many of these trees grow up from seedlings, and hugged many of the several hundred feet high Larchs. the fire is just about 1/2 mile south of shoestring lake and has grown from 30 acres two days ago to well over 100 acres now. The problem is it is so remote, closest raod 3 miles, and because it is in the backwoods, there is no threat to homes, it is a low priority. Last year while packing out the spike, lighting was flashing all around us, and we could see trees explode in flames. But the Kittitas crews knocked them all down the next day. But the fire is currently about 1 mile from where I put my treestand. Lets hope the winds stay from the east for a while, and that they can get it out before the next 9-12 days.

22-Aug-13
Was hunting about three years ago in Rimrock Lake. One evening, I had noticed haziness in the atmosphere. Came around a corner and smelled smoke. Came around another corner and saw flames up on the ridge with a bunch of parked fire trucks. Because there was only one way out, I rushed back to camp, threw everything in my trailer and beat it out of there in a hurry. Few days later, I found out that it was the Forest 'Service' doing a controlled burn (during the archery elk season). Those Idiots!

23-Aug-13
All trails are now closed in the area, and they will probably close all the roads in he next day or two. 70 firefighters working in the back country trying to get it under control. It is terribly dry. Pray for the fire fighters.

23-Aug-13
Went up around pinegrass and conrad meadows thinking about putting up some cams this spring. Dang Im glad I decided to go back to the Blues this year!!!! Yendor, hope your spot makes it all right. I lost alot of good ground and a couple nice honey holes to the school fire in Tucannon a few years back and it SUCKED.

24-Aug-13
When I rifle hunted I hunted pinegrass ridge. Loved the area, but knew it was getting hit hard this fire season. They are moving some of the personel from Conroad Meadows over to Manstash. So far it hasn't hit my honey hole, but that is north and east, which is where the fire is heading. 10 more days

27-Aug-13
Its amazing how when archery season is within 10 days or so we are all counting down hoping everything holds together with good luck......wishing all of you a great hunting season with pleasurable experiances

27-Aug-13
In my GMU several weeks ago, lightning and thunder all around with huge bolts of electricity. Amazing nothing serious happened. Keeping up the hope.

30-Aug-13
Only 10% of the Manastash Ridge fire is controlled. The entire Manastash drainage is closed. You can't get to Frost Mountain, Quartz Mountain. Buck Meadows, Lost Lake etc. Doubtful that it will be open this archery season. Going to be tight with all the hunters squeezed into a smaller area. Smoke should be wonderful for my Asthma. Leaving Sunday. Good luck everybody and be safe.

31-Aug-13
Good luck to you too, Yendor

12-Sep-13
That was a total bust. The fires were pretty much out, but the entire Manastash drainage was completely closed. So everybody had to hunt to the north. Imagine an extra 150 hunters in a much smaller area, with the elk getting the message and leaving the area. 9 days in the field and I saw one spike at 100 yards. I saw more hunters in 8 days, than I have seen in the last 10 years combined. I heard of 1 calf being shot, one branched antlered and one cow each being hit, but not killed. Glad I have a northen BC moose hunt in two weeks. Let's hope that they keep the muzzleloaders and rifle hunters out of the area this year also. That will never happen.

12-Sep-13
That was a total bust. The fires were pretty much out, but the entire Manastash drainage was completely closed. So everybody had to hunt to the north. Imagine an extra 150 hunters in a much smaller area, with the elk getting the message and leaving the area. 9 days in the field and I saw one spike at 100 yards. I saw more hunters in 8 days, than I have seen in the last 10 years combined. I heard of 1 calf being shot, one branched antlered and one cow each being hit, but not killed. Glad I have a northen BC moose hunt in two weeks. Let's hope that they keep the muzzleloaders and rifle hunters out of the area this year also. That will never happen.

13-Sep-13
Same with the Nile area. Labor Day campers running around shooting their rifles, overflow from other GMU's made a total waste of time. Now they're rebuilding a road that's been washed out for several years, so next year will probably be slow also....

30-Sep-13
I will say it again. Little Naches should be open every year for archery!

30-Sep-13
All you have to do is talk the powerful gun lobby into it. They have the state confinced that we wound every animal we shoot at. Thdgun lobby has a strangle hold on anything with hunting. Only washington treats bowhjnters like second hand hunters!

• Sitka Gear