Habby 08-Nov-13
C.J. Winand 08-Nov-13
C.J. Winand 08-Nov-13
Shuteye 10-Nov-13
Bowhunter0132 11-Nov-13
bigblue23 12-Nov-13
28-Aug-13
http://prohuntersjournal.com/article/?a=27

Interesting predictions for the rut. For those who believe in moon phases, they predict the hunters moon to be November 17th and the rut to ramp up shortly after.

9 days to go! Happy and safe hunting all.

08-Sep-13
the rut is practically over by nov 17 here

09-Sep-13
Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

16-Sep-13
Not on top Nigro Mtn.it went well into Dec.

03-Nov-13
It the doe doesn't get pregnant she will come in heat 28 days later. Doe fawns come in later than the normal rut that is what you see late and it isn't nearly as strong as the first. Here, the middle of November it will be at it's peak. Has been that way as long as I can remember and I am 71 years old.

05-Nov-13
Hunted Sunday. Seen a fair amout of deer. 7 total 4 were bucks. Just before dark had a big buck come thru the woods and chase a small 6 pt off. He never came close enough for a shot. Monday hunted seen 5. 3 were bucks and one small buck was chasing a little doe everywhere. Never saw a shooter last eve. But it seems to be heating up. This is in rock hall.

06-Nov-13
Over by the 17th, every year, deer will still be moving, but its mother nature, its on...

06-Nov-13
I haven't seen anything yet. We had a smaller buck get his arse whipped on Saturday by a large buck, but haven't seen any chasing yet. That was in Owings Mills and in Hampstead we haven't seen any rutting activity other than swollen necks on bucks.

08-Nov-13
Saw a buck mount a doe yesterday. The time is now...

08-Nov-13
Actual breeding data...enjoy!

Can you say bell-shaped curve?

08-Nov-13

C.J. Winand's embedded Photo
C.J. Winand's embedded Photo
The rut is actually a bell-shaped curve

10-Nov-13
The bucks are chasing the does here on the Eastern Shore.

11-Nov-13
I saw 7 bucks on Saturday in Owings Mills.. 2 were hot on the trail of a small doe and another came thru quick about 5 minutes after 2 large does (of course, none in range!) But in Hampstead, there is no sign on rutting activity at all. The bucks are not around and the does are acting normal.

12-Nov-13

bigblue23's embedded Photo
bigblue23's embedded Photo
killed this 8 pt yesterday at 1215pm. first time I have ever hunted all day. all morning deer moved had multiple small bucks in range. little slow from 10 to 12 then this guy came thru with a 7 pt bumping does around. started walking away and I hit the estrous can and they both came back. turned broadside looking around and I dropped him at 36 yrds. after I drug him out and got set back up deer were walking thru the woods right to me didn't have the bow off the ground. this is the week to be in your tree

• Sitka Gear