Archery Antelope Season Next Year?
North Dakota
Contributors to this thread:
MNRazorhead 16-Sep-13
MNRazorhead 16-Sep-13
Z Barebow 18-Sep-13
MNRazorhead 20-Sep-13
16-Sep-13
Anyone have any info/opinions if ND might have an antelope season next year?

16-Sep-13
Deleted - double post.

18-Sep-13
Opinion only.

If we have another good winter, they might have have a season next year, albeit limited. IMHO the antelope have come back better than the deer. Mulies are still few and far between.

20-Sep-13
Z, glad that they are recovering. I was out there the years before the March 09 blizzards and saw first-hand how devastating the kill was the next year. I'll never forget finding the endless bone piles EVERYWHERE. Lets hope for another easy winter or two.

Edit: "out there" wasn't exactly in North Dakota. We hunted the far corner of northwest South Dakota, only a few miles from both ND and MT border, but it was essentially the same area as the blizzards didn't stop at the borders. Im my opinion, North Dakota has handled the die-off by eliminating the antelope season much better than South Dakota, who didn't even cut back tags at first. From what I hear, our old stomping grounds are almost as barren of antelope as ever, with minimal recovery since 2009. Don't understand why SD didn't do the same, at least in their NW corner, as your state did. Kudos to ND.

• Sitka Gear