Yendor 12-Oct-13
westla 14-Oct-13
westla 14-Oct-13
westla 14-Oct-13
Yendor 14-Oct-13
westla 15-Oct-13
ohtajj 15-Oct-13
24-Sep-13
I hunted in Oregon this year for elk and didn't get to hunt Washington at all! So I'm dying for some pics! Why don't I see any? Come on guys share the wealth!

25-Sep-13
Probably very few taken. I did see one recently on another web-site but don't remember which one.

27-Sep-13
In 9 days I saw One spike at 100 yards. Fires caused lots of disruption to the hunting plans this year. I am leaving in about 30 minuts for my Moose hunt in Northen BC. Hopefully I will have some grat pictures and stories from this trip.

27-Sep-13
Some nice pictures of elk, deer on the Riverside Archery (Mt Vernon) facebook page!

27-Sep-13
I didnt have anyone to go chase elk with this year so I decided to go after deer where I could check in with my wife at thhe end of every day and then my dad came up from Oregon to join me on the 16th. Would love to see some pictures if anyone has any!

27-Sep-13

Dwright's embedded Photo
Dwright's embedded Photo
Well just to get something on here. This is why I didn't hunt Washington. my Oregon rosie bull.

28-Sep-13
Very Nice! Nothing like an elk hunt on the west side of Oregon! Is there a story to go along with that pic?

29-Sep-13
Where were you hunting. Those Rosies always look like they sbould have moss on them.

29-Sep-13
Where were you hunting. Those Rosies always look like they sbould have moss on them.

29-Sep-13
Oregon coast

01-Oct-13
I shot a cow in northeastern wash. I have heard of just a few elk period during the early season being taken

12-Oct-13

Yendor's embedded Photo
Yendor's embedded Photo
Just got back from British Columbia last night. Here is my Bull. Story later

14-Oct-13
Good job Yendor! Awaiting your story.

14-Oct-13
Good job Yendor! Awaiting your story. How does one set that up? How expensive?

14-Oct-13
Check out Riverside Archery (Mt. Vernon) for success photos. They're on Facebook.

14-Oct-13
Well, I made it up and back and was successful on my Moose hunt. It is different than elk hunting. The timing was the last half of the rut, and the two guys before us saw lots of Moose and missed 18 times on 5 different Moose and finially got one the last day. But they missed several at less than 100 yards. So many had skipped out of the area. But the country is very very steep, and what isn't steep is marsh and Balsa which is about 7-20 feet tall and you physically can't walk through it. I carried my bow for the first 4-5 days, but the Moose were not coming into calls. The camp is on Tatlatui Lake about 12 miles long by 1 mile wide. They have 6 different camps and never hunt the same camp for more than two groups. But, you get around by boot, from one end of the lake to the other. So weather is really dependent on where you go and what you might see. We couldn't fly in the day we were supposed to because of bad weather in Smithers, so we lost a day. But the next 4-5 were pretty nice to really nice, with little wind. So, you hope in a boat, glass the shore, and slides on the sides of the mountains, looking for Moose. Cow and Calf the first evening. Then we went to a huge area that overlooked a big marshy area with small creek and dams and marsh of about 2 miles by 2 miles, and called. Saw one small bull following a scent line like a blood hound going away. The next day, we saw the same cow and calf, and another small bull. The cow and calf were on the shore, watching the woods, and we thought that a bull had to be inland. Well the little guy came out and followed her around, but nothing bigger. The third day we saw another small bull 1/3 of the way up a mountain, and then saw a huge antler sticking out of the trees. He was about 500 yards up the hill and about 700 feet of elevation gain. We climbed up the hill a ways, and called, and called and no movement. We sat it out about 5 hours. Finially I thought that we should challange him a bit, so the guide went up about 400 yards, and called and raked the trees, and nothing. He went up to where we saw him, and huge beds, and wallow like piss holes. Somehow he had snuck out up. Later that day we were back calling at the big meadow about 3 miles away, and Kelly looked in the scope and the big guy was back out in the open above where he had been in the morning. So we ran back with the boat, and he was waling along the hill 850 yards and over 1,300 feet above us. We called and called and he never moved for over an hour. Finially 10 minutes before dark, he headed down to the lake moving to our left. We tried to move over and intercept him, and had a place at 250 yards, but he never came out. One day five we were looking for him from the boat again, couldn't find him. The other hunter and the outfitter were mainly looking for goats, so we ran up the lake where they were sitting looking for goats. They had seen several, but there was a small pack of wolves on the moose kill from the previous guys every day, so the goats were not coming down. He did shoot one big wolf, but they never could recover it. It was hit good, but went well over 1.5 miles. But it is a dead wolf. so, we looked at goats for a few minutes, and then headed back down the lake. We hadn't been gone 5 minutes, and he slows the boat down, and is looking at something on shore. I look and see a big black body, then a cow and a calf by the lake in a little bay. We assume the bigger monster is a bull. So he head the boat straight at them at trolling speed. At about 350 yards out, and he turns his head and I see that it is a shooter. I already have my pack on the bow or the boat, and I throw a couple of cushins on the pack and slide down and get comfortable. The bull is eating willows, which they told me they never do during the rut. But he is down in the little hole about 50 yards up the hill from shore. All I can see is his back and antlers. We slow down to a slow crawl, and Kelly gives a couple of bull grunts, and the big guy, looks up, and is still in this hole. Finially after a couple more calls he takes 3 steps up the hill standing directly facing me. Ass still down in the hole. But I am locked in with the sights dead center. About 180 yards, and him not thinking of turning I pulled the trigger low center. He spins around, and starts to move away. Kelly says, hit him again, but I knew it was a good shot. Then he rolled over with his legs up and antlers down. An hour and a half later we had pictures, four quarters, backstraps and tenderloins and head in the boat, just as it was getting dark. The cow and two calves ran off and swam across the bay right by the cabins. Then I fished and avoided the 30-40 mile hour winds and snow and rain for the next 4 days. The last night I went down to the dock to look around and spotted a nice bull and cow down at the end of the bay from camp. I ran back to the cookhouse and asked Kevin (the other hunter from Pennsylvania) who was hunting goats, and had a moose tag, if he was interested in walking down to the dock to shoot a nice big moose. They didn't believe me, but came anyways, with his rifle. The outfitter didn't belive me either, but I told him to bring his tange finder. There he was 350 yards away at the end of the bay on shore. One shot moose down and back to camp just at dark. So I got my moose and guided for the other hunter. He was all tore up from fighting. Missing an eye, half an ear, 4-5 big holes in his nose, and neck, and big bruises on his side. My Moose was 51 1/2 inches 9 points by 10 points. His was 53 inches, but smaller tines and shovels. Both great bulls, and a wonderful time. Now I have to figure out how to cook this stuff. I brought back 400 pounds of moose meat.

15-Oct-13
Great story. Thanks for passing it on.

15-Oct-13
Agreed! Great story, and the bull is pretty darn nice as well! Congratulations

• Sitka Gear