late june for spring bear?
New Brunswick
Contributors to this thread:
razor 27-Sep-13
taznatious(TAZ) 28-Sep-13
taznatious(TAZ) 28-Sep-13
razor 28-Sep-13
27-Sep-13
How's the last week of June for bears. My wife and I booked with Lloyd Gates for that week? I thought it might have been a little late in the Spring, but than again what do I know. Ha Ha.

28-Sep-13
I have killed most of my bears on the last week of june. usualy the last day of the season after my hunters have left. in my opinion its the best week to hunt if the baits haven't been over hunted. My biggest bear was 21 5/16 last day of the season and ive killed 4 P&Y bears in the last 7 years in that week. the other 3 were killed for meat so smaller was better . the hides were all good with only 1 being rubbed bad but made an awesome half mount. Your going to a good area for bear so I wouldn't stress about booking for that week. TAZ

28-Sep-13

taznatious(TAZ)'s embedded Photo
taznatious(TAZ)'s embedded Photo
here is a pic taken the last week of season this year that should help. good bear with an awesome hide. no rubs at all. I have seen some hides rubbed bad in may. hope this helps. TAZ

28-Sep-13
That's great info and erases any doubts I've had about late June. I suppose it might also depend on the severity and length of the Winter also? Thanks again.

• Sitka Gear