lame crowndip 22-Jan-14
RutNut 24-Jan-14
lame crowndip 24-Jan-14
Mirage 28-Jan-14
lame crowndip 16-Feb-15
RUGER1022 16-Feb-15
Zinger 16-Feb-15
29-Sep-13
I almost always look at the tags to see where my potential purchases are made. Is this important? I have a thread about single pin (slider) v.s. fixed pins. I chose the HHA because of where it is made and thanks to anyone that responded to the thread.

29-Sep-13
I had a bow holder, the kind that stick in the ground for ground blind hunting. I too look at tags and the packaging didn't readily say "Made in China". I was suspect based on the inferior packaging tape. I got home and opened it to find out it was indeed not made in the USA. I e-mailed the company owner and he was somewhat surprised I would judge the product based on the packaging tape and that their product was superior quality. I went on to say that I support American entrepreneurs who support manufacturing in the USA. I told him I was returning the product.

I believe the only way to impact company decisions to manufacture in the USA is to contact them directly vs. not buying the product. The time is coming where foreign labor cost will not make it worth the effort to manufacture overseas…but it is a long ways off.

buy Made in the USA

29-Sep-13
Right on Treefarm (IMO)

29-Sep-13
I remember buying what I thought was a GREAT priced Double Bull blind in Gregerson's Hdwe. in Baldwin. Got home and THERE IT WAS...Made in China. If it would not have been a PITA for Mike at Gregerson's I'd have returned it.

29-Sep-13
Sorry for what must seem like a rant...This was sort of inspired by something I saw in the Fred Bear documentary. There were signs on the walls that were signed by Fred.

A Customer is the lifeblood of this and every other business.

A Customer is not an interruption of our work...he is the purpose of it.

A Customer is deserving of the most courteous and attentive treatment we can give him.

A Customer is not dependent on us...we are dependent on him.

Wish all shops thought like this. Just my $.02-LC

29-Sep-13
Very true! Those that don't make us feel important and welcome and thank us for our business generally don't see us again.

01-Oct-13
Could we start a list of "Made in America" products??

01-Oct-13
Should have expected that sort of response...After hunting equipment made in the US...Please stay on topic. Thanks

01-Oct-13
The Unions busted Fred anyway. Because of that, he left those beloved Grayling employees and headed south.

I do not put much faith in " Made in the USA ". I buy the best product my wallet can afford, and oftentimes that is not " Made in the USA ".

01-Oct-13
OK...I'll start. HHA sights, Buck knives.

01-Oct-13
Nice list. I'll use it

01-Oct-13
Prohunter or also called gamewarning systems is based here in Ply.

As of now USA made. But he has and will likely get some stuff overseas.

02-Oct-13
Some of the more popular "Made in USA" products are Remington, Ruger, Bushnell and Leupold.

Not sure where all the calls, bows, stands and other deer-related products are made any more; some companies use deceptive writing like "assembled in America" when that might just mean the packaging. You can do some online research but even that's sketchy and you have to consider the source (kind of like blaming Unions for America's woes).

When you have workers paid 50 cents to $2 per hour overseas vs. what is paid here (union or not), it's obvious you simply can't make a product in the USA for anywhere close to the same amount.

Most U.S. companies are in it to maximize profits and pay big bucks to the company leaders and stockholders; when the quality goes down and complaints soar, they sell.

LaCrosse boots was once that city's largest employer; moved to Oregon more than a decade ago — most recently were acquired by a Japanese firm.

04-Oct-13
i totally agree!! I also love to support THE USA but more importantly Wisconsin. I shoot a forge bow, trust me try one out. Steve & homey are so helpful, they are in new brlin. I also shoot with a true fire release. heck even my target made in wisconsin. help is it a glendel or rhinehardt?? yes my plots are antler king! But whatever peeps like!!!!

01-Nov-13
True, RC, but they would last longer than the cheap Chinese steel.

01-Nov-13
The stands you linked are indeed expensive, but are aluminum, have some great looking seats/back rest, "traction-tread" steps and says does not require bracing. There's always a market for top of the line stuff for guys with deep pockets. I'm not one of them!

01-Nov-13
RC, all you had to do was ask "Based on???? How long? Why would that be? Explain." instead of going off on how you are this and that and the other. So, my answer for you is based on experience. I could go into to detail, but I have work to do so that's why I'm keeping it short. If you want to get into specifics, just pm me. Have a good day

01-Nov-13
Good luck out there then. Hope you shoot a nice one!

01-Nov-13
Thanks, FIP! Actually the experiences were at work where we made hospital beds. Some parts were imported from china that we used to make, and they were absolute junk. One stand that I bought(made in china) said it was rated for a 300 lb person. I am 220ish and when I stepped on the ladder, it bent in from my weight. It could have been the brand or the type of steel used. I think from now on I'll just take that crappy Chinese stand and copy it by making my own with better steel. Good luck out there. Hope you tag a nice one!

01-Nov-13
i just bought a climber called the treewalker.....made in tennessee and is a great stand, as well as an american product...check them out, u wont be disappointed. happy hunting

01-Nov-13
Isn't river edge tree stands made in china? Company is in Cumberland, Wisconsin. I have a few of their stands. Installed new seats on them. They are made with a differt material, more nylon, and they are noisy. Called company and told them about my concern, didn't seem to care. Last stand buy from them.

03-Jan-14
I was just in Scheels in Eau Claire. Looked at a SitXX beanie hat. 50 bucks and wouldn't you know it...Made in China. Gotta shake my head. Someone in the US has to be making this stuff.

03-Jan-14

lame crowndip's embedded Photo
It occurred to me that there are probably a LOT of guys on this site that haven't been around long enough to have seen this kind of wool camo. Bought this (USA made) stuff around 1987 and with the exception of a couple of mends the three shirts, one light jacket and a pair of pants are as good as ever. Anyone guess which manufacturer made 'em??? This is a gimme. LC

03-Jan-14

1acrewhitetails's embedded Photo
1acrewhitetails's embedded Photo
Zubaz

03-Jan-14
I think Mathews bows are made in Wis. Just Hope materials are from US. Big Green targets made in Mo.

04-Jan-14
If you look you can see the Woolrich in the camo.

04-Jan-14
US made products are great, except when companies source out the materials to china, assemble here and call it made in the USA. The problem is, it's still cheap crap, that you paid more for.

06-Jan-14
RutNut +1

06-Jan-14
These days, even if it is a product that is more expensive, made in the US. I am buying it. I don't care if the quality is less. If it is USA, I will buy it. Freak the rest of the world and the low-life scum that shipped American jobs out of the country for cheaper products. There are CFO's and Corporate Buyers that should be put on trial , convicted and executed for economic treason!

07-Jan-14
If we do not demand USA made stuff we will not get it. Generally I've found that while the US stuff can be a little more expensive the quality is better. Even a push the US stuff gets my vote. I could not care less if the fine folks from China, Vietnam, Mexico or Bangladesh are working but I do care about my neighbors...LC

21-Jan-14

As most of the "regulars" on this forum know I have a passion for USA made hunting stuff. While rehabbing my shoulder I have sorta learned to knit. I settled on a style of hat for hunting. The yarn is USA made and I have made about twenty so far with both wool and acrylic.

21-Jan-14
Lame, Nice work but is that a man card violation? :) Who doesn't rock the Zubazs and camo crocs at the mall. What is an RC that many were referencing?

21-Jan-14
"What is an RC that many were referencing?"

You'll find out wait a month or two.

21-Jan-14
My shoulder is starting to feel so good I really do not care if RC comes back or not (or Preacher). Not sure why the boot(s) but maybe someone knows.

21-Jan-14
lol where has he been

21-Jan-14
Man's they started a sewing company together.

21-Jan-14
I missed whatever happened, but several guys disappeared.

I'm still curious. If anyone knows what the heck they lit into each other about or whatever happened, please shoot me a PM.

Nice hat Lame. How much for one using thinner diameter wool yarn without the bumble? If you're cranking them out, you should sell a few.

22-Jan-14
I think I'l stay with the style I'm currently making. The "pom" is easily removed". For the last several years when I needed more "insulation on the roof" I've just worn two hats with pretty good success. I started thinking about making some of these when I was browsing in Scheels in Eau Claire and found a beanie-style hat by a popular manufacturer...looked it over-Made in China and fifty bucks. Since the rehab for a repaired rotator cuff is at least a couple months I have the time.

I think that some guys forget to be polite instead of agreeing to disagree (you can disagree without being disagreeable). You CAN get the boot here and most forums. The idea that "I'm entitled to my opinion and so are you" doesn't always cut it...IMO-LC

22-Jan-14
Hope the shoulder is back in service better than before.

I wasn't disparaging the hat. I applaud additional skills and self sufficiency. I'm just not a pom or bumble kind of guy and like less ribbing. (except in response to any of my posts)

22-Jan-14
"I'm still curious. If anyone knows what the heck they lit into each other about or whatever happened, please shoot me a PM."

I am as well if anyone knows.

22-Jan-14
"I bought a human sized hamster ball and placed an Ozonator in there. I use it to sleep in at camp and then roll my way into the woods and hunt out of it. With the Ozonator, I have lost all human scent. The deer are enamored by the ball which is covered in 2-way mirror material where I can see out but they see themselves (or other deer) in the mirror. It is like shooting fish in a barrel. I stay warm in my homemade underwear-jacket-sleepingbag-full body condom. I thought about placing more O3 killers in the condom itself there but I already lost all body scent. Great purchase!"

I think this was part of the reason for some leaving, it never was deleted so I hope I'm safe in reposting it.

22-Jan-14
"I wasn't disparaging the hat." I know that and thanks for the comments. The ribs actually add to the warmth and this is something that surprised me..My grand kids are enjoying the hats and I'll have some to keep me warm this fall.

24-Jan-14
I really like the hats lc, my sister-inlaw and MIL have been making me some similar for years. Good to hear the shoulder is coming around, will you be able to shoot by late summer?

24-Jan-14
Hope to be able to shoot lower pounds by June. Optimistic...have a bear trip planned for Ontario and put in for a Zone B bear tag (10 points). Thanks for asking-LC

28-Jan-14
I choose to buy gear that is made in the US as mich as possible.

16-Feb-15

If you get a chance check out LL Bean. In the last few years they've added over 125 more full time jobs just to make their classic (Maine Hunting Shoe). I have a couple of pairs and they are VERY comfy and lightweight as well. I was interested in some more lower temp boots and was in a "Big Box" store in Eau Claire last week. I asked the nice young man that was helping me where they were made. His reply was that "It doesn't make any difference where they're made as they just push buttons no matter where they are made and we get them a LOT cheaper". I then asked him if all of the store employees were willing to work for 75 cents an hour the customers could also get 'em a lot cheaper. Guess he never thought of that. Bottom line...I love my LL Bean and Canadian-made Sorels! They'll make them here if we demand it.

16-Feb-15
At my last gunshow I bought a NIB marbles skinning knife that was awesome looking . I was busy so I paid 25 bucks and put it under the table , the guy said he paid 60 bucks . I was shocked later when I saw the Made in China marking . Nothing is sacred . It did do a nice job skinning a Yote .

We can't win , we support the world . If we shut down China comepletely on Imports , a year later we would have 1 billion Chinese at our door steps with a spoon in one hand and a AK-47 in the other .

16-Feb-15
I hear some of the bow companies advertising that they're made in the USA. Are any of the bow companies not made in the USA?

• Sitka Gear