Ace of Spades 21-Nov-13
Ace of Spades 21-Nov-13
T ZEKE 22-Nov-13
NY Bowman 07-Dec-13
JeffW 07-Dec-13
Ungie01201 23-Dec-13
Ungie01201 23-Dec-13
02-Oct-13
Wow did I get skunked yesterday!! I sat almost all day I had to take a quick break to wake my buns up and sit in the out house for a few minutes but then it was back to the stand for more squirrel watching and Blue Jay abuse. Hope others had more luck!!

02-Oct-13
The wife and I sat all morning and all we seen or heard were the chirping of the birds. Not the way I wanted to introduce her to her first archery hunt but there's always tomorrow. Time well spent good luck to all and enjoy.

02-Oct-13
I haven't been out yet. It's been a high of 76! Can't imagine sitting all day yet, but best of luck to those who are.

02-Oct-13

Muzzymeat's MOBILE embedded Photo
Muzzymeat's MOBILE embedded Photo

Been out 3 times in 3 different spots and had little button bucks wandering around each time. Opening morning this little guy decided to take a snooze with me. I went out in the heat this afternoon and will never do that again.

02-Oct-13

tcosmic's embedded Photo
tcosmic's embedded Photo
don't get discouraged,some big bucks get taken when its warm.Hunt the water source.My biggest came on a 75 degree day.I will admit the heat sucks

03-Oct-13
I went out in the afternoon. It was nice to see a half dozen does pass within ow range. Great to be out again.

04-Oct-13
Nice monster T-Cos, did you shoot it straight on in the neck?

04-Oct-13
No it actually was a steep angle shoulder hit with just enough penetration to hit the heart.I normally cut my own deer but I took it to the archery shop had it weighed in then to a butcher with a walk in cooler.Thats the only down fall of the hot days.that was an opening day buck back when the season opened on the 15th.Saw two spikes together last night made me realize how lucky i was to have things work out the way they did.I took a 9pt.on a hot opener years back that I jumped in golden rod out of its bed.This pig was returning from piging out on corn two farms away.

10-Oct-13
Well that is a cow dude and I'm just glad I don't get shot everytime I pigout!! Hopefully the cooler nights and mornings will bring some better luck this weekend for everyone.

10-Oct-13

Chronic's embedded Photo
Chronic's embedded Photo
Taken last Sunday from the ground at less than 20 feet! I watched him and others Saturday night feed along a field edge, and come Sunday had the perfect SSE wind to sit down in a ditch on that edge. I set up very close to where I expected them to enter, confident Id get them in time and wind permitting. He came out around 6:30 and fed towards me giving me an up close and personal look and shot, quartering to. I will say I learned a very good lesson...being about 3.5 feet below him down in that ditch and looking up at him as he picked up his head, he looked much bigger than he actually was, but no regrets! Watched him pile up after a 50 yard run!! Very memorable and fun hunt!

10-Oct-13

Chronic's embedded Photo
Chronic's embedded Photo
The following night my friend shot this nice 10pt on another property. Taken at about 5 yards, and expired after 70! What a great 24hrs for us! Two bucks at the local taxi now :)

10-Oct-13
Chronic,

Those are both lovely deer and great story to remember!! How the heck did you manage to draw without spooking him? Did you make a natural blind of some sort?

10-Oct-13
Great bucks! Many congrats. Which county?

11-Oct-13
nice!

11-Oct-13
Chronic..... Those are both great looking bucks!

Congrats to you both!

11-Oct-13
congrats!

11-Oct-13
Really nice, what part of the state?

12-Oct-13

NY Bowman's embedded Photo
5 yard shot and 50 yard recovery. Great mature doe that will provide many great meals.

13-Oct-13
Nice going, doe with the recurve bowman and chronic that buck has a nice short hair cape which make for a great mount.

13-Oct-13
Nice!! Congrats!

13-Oct-13
Real nice keep them pics coming!

13-Oct-13
Real nice keep them pics coming!

14-Oct-13
Thanks everyone!!

@ vvreddy, the ditch was also a treeline. Lots of saplings and vines... Had excellent back cover and cover in front of me. I just timed my draw when he passed behind a tree covered with vines :)

Both bucks were killed in Livingston county. Have seen many more big boys since... one mid 130s 10pt fed in the same field I shot mine for 4 evenings in a row, all I can do is watch and drool...

19-Oct-13

Gentlemanjim's embedded Photo
The LORD blessed me with two fat does on Oct 4th in Chautauqua county N.Y.

19-Oct-13

19-Oct-13
MEAT IN THE FREEZER.

21-Oct-13
nice job!

21-Oct-13

Bhuntered 's embedded Photo
Bhuntered 's embedded Photo
Saturday Richford NY at 7:30. 13 yd shot quartering away hard, 40 yd recovery. Weighed 198 lbs dressed.

21-Oct-13
nice big 6!!!! congrats

21-Oct-13
Congrats!

21-Oct-13
[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/28mlied.jpg[/IMG]

Shot in Otsego County on 10/19. He came across the field with a smaller buck. I grunted to him and about 15 mins later he came into the wood line and I shot him right under neath the stand. Didn't go 15 yards. My biggest buck yet!

21-Oct-13

TightGroup's Link

22-Oct-13
Had 7 does, a 4 point and a spike pass my stand today. The big guy (10 point) passed by out of range, he seemed to be tailing 2 small does. The highlight of the day was an owl landing 5 feet away from me. It was funny how quiet the squirrels got for the 5minutes the owl was there.

22-Oct-13

TightGroup's embedded Photo
TightGroup's embedded Photo

22-Oct-13
Good looking buck TightGroup..... Congrats!

22-Oct-13
Good looking buck TightGroup..... Congrats!

23-Oct-13
Bhunter nice buck congrats and welcome to Owl Creek! I am a member also and will be up there soon...good luck!

23-Oct-13
Longbeard, thanks and thanks glad to be on board hope to meet you, and good luck.

23-Oct-13
chronic - nice deer!!! wow. well done!

24-Oct-13
had a couple new deer show up on cam since this past Sunday. little 4pt at one spot... under my stand at 3pm. A decent 8 yesteray @ 2:30 am at another... neve seen either on cam before.

27-Oct-13
Grunted this buck into one of my foodplots on Friday evening. It was great to have worked hard all summer on a spot and have it actually work out exactly how I planed!

28-Oct-13

NYSupersportsman's embedded Photo
NYSupersportsman's embedded Photo
Sorry here is a pic of my buck

28-Oct-13
very nice buck... had a spike and button under me this weekend... that's it.. first light and last light... so darn windy Sat & Sun

01-Nov-13

Stalker's embedded Photo
Stalker's embedded Photo
16 yard shot from the ground, 60 yard recovery.

Congratulations on some really nice deer guys!

01-Nov-13

Stalker, love the longbow! My son shot this nice young doe on Wed. Should be some fantastic eating.

02-Nov-13
Thank you NY Bowman. It is my 20 year old Abbott still shooting strong. Congratulations to both you and your son!

02-Nov-13
beautiful folks, thanks for the pics!

Some day, I'm going back to the recurve..

03-Nov-13

C.Beck's embedded Photo
C.Beck's embedded Photo
I was lucky enoughto take this nine point on public ground on Long Island yesterday morning. He came through just before 10:00 am with his nose to the ground on a heavily worn trail. I have the rest of the week to hunt, fish and relax. Good luck to everyone.

03-Nov-13
nice buck for sure, congratulations

03-Nov-13
Way to go Charlie!!

04-Nov-13
cool,double brow.

04-Nov-13
Beautiful! Nice pic

04-Nov-13
buddy just shot a nice mature 3.5 yo + 125 class 8 point in Cayuga county 9:30 this morning... tailing a doe

05-Nov-13
I shot a doe out of my ground blind by shooting through the screening thats a first for me and she only went 50yds. I used an arrow made by the one and only Sweet old Bill. Now we have some camp meat.

05-Nov-13
Today is Sweet old Bill's birthday,give him a shout out.Happy Birthday Bill have a good one.Griz

05-Nov-13
Nice buck Charlie. Congrats!

06-Nov-13

Hondo's embedded Photo
Hondo's embedded Photo
Arrowed this nice 10 point Sunday Morning in Churchville NY. He came in pretty hard to a Can call and some grunts. He walked up the trail straight to me coming broadside at 15 yds. I was not sure that I would get to draw as he looked up at me twice but my Skyline camo kept me in the clear. I drew found my pin behind his shoulder and let the Bowtech eat. I immediately saw blood on the entry wound as he ran away. I was able to watch as he started to walk and expected him to tip over in sight. So much for expectations...So I gave him 20 minutes before I got down to check my arrow and hit site. Found my arrow and good blood right away so I slowly started tracking him. As I got to the last spot that I could see him from the stand it looked like someone had turned on a spigot, I could see the blood trail for 30yards ahead. Again I expected to find him piled up any second. As I am following up the blood trail I look up and see him, looks like he died leaning against a tree. I check him out through my Nikons and Unexpectedly he is alive! Obviously he is very sick I try to get another arrow in him but hit an unseen branch which shatters the Carbon Expresss with a sound like a gunshot. He gets up and lays right back down 5 yards away. Oh boy...so I back out as quie as I can. With the amount of blood and how sick he looked and acted (tongue hanging out not wanting to move) I figured two hours should be good. So two hours later my buddy Gene, his 13 year old son Cam and my friend Jim all go back to collect the buck...we start at the shot site to let Cam get practice following a blood trail and he does a great job following right up to where I had stopped last time. I decided to glass for the buck and there he is...sitting staring at us..still not wanting to get up but very much alive...so much for figuring...arrrgh. We decide that one of us will move off and I will try to get a little closer to get another arrow in him...he had none of that..up he went and away...So out we go it is only about noon so I figure it is best to wait until the following morning as I did not want to push him into the cattails. I hoped (no figuring this time) that he would lay right back down and die. That evening I called Deer Search preparing for the worst. I did not know if that last bump had sent him on a long mad dash or if cyotes might bump him later on. I received a call back from Bob Yax at Deer Search Finger Lakes. After an informative discussion with Bob we agreed to meet Monday at 8am. As planned I met Bob and Thor and we were off. Thor easily tracked the initial trail as well as the second bump and as we headed down the track I looked up and low and behold, my buck! Sure enough had only gone about another 100 yards or less, laid down and died. Very relieved and happy. It was a very cold night and the coyotes had not found him so not only was I very happy to ecover the trophy he is going to make alot of sausage and other sundry yummies. And now for the interesting part. Turns out what we had discussed as most likely being a liver shot...was not..there is that figuring thing again...I hit low on one lung (though I saw no bubbles or pink blood all dark red) I hit the heart! One blade made a slice through the thick part of the muscle of the heart and exited low chest. The first blood trail like I said looked like a faucet had been turned on, the second trail there was some blood but not much. when I dressed him the chest cavity seemed to have a 5 gallon bucket full. I think that the second run finished him off pretty quickly as when we found him his wet legs were frozen together and all fo the fat in him was hardened. Made for a very easy field dressing. A big thanks to Bob Yax and Thor, even though it ended up being an easy track even after 25+ years of hunting I learned alot from Bob about wounded deer and couldn't be more happy. I highly recomend calling Deer Search if you find yourself in the same predicament. What had looked like a nearly perfect shot and blood trail turned into a worrisome but ultimately succesful adventure

06-Nov-13
Nice buck and great story Hondo. It's amazing how tough these animals are, you have to give them a lot of respect!

06-Nov-13
Congrats! that is a fine buck Hondo! as well as the others above.

06-Nov-13
Congrats Hondo! Awesome buck!

06-Nov-13
Congrats Hondo...they are very hardy critters and it seems like you played your cards right!! Well done!

06-Nov-13
Congrats Hondo! Way to go! I have shot a couple bucks through (well, the head clips) the heart. One ran 400 yards before piling up. Ones that I have dead-centered the heart, they don't go far.

06-Nov-13
Thanks guys. He actually only travelled 200 yds total or a little less but I was definitely a little apprehensive at best for awhile.

06-Nov-13

JTJ's embedded Photo
JTJ's embedded Photo
Great deer everyone. I took this buck in Erie County Sunday evening (11/3). Shortly after getting in my stand I saw him wandering around. Gave a few grunts and he came right in from about 100yds out. I had to take advantage of his cooperation and shot him at 10 yds. Good luck to all. Hopefully the weather will cooperate over the next week.

07-Nov-13
Nice buck and very cool picture. I have to try and get more creative with my photos...

07-Nov-13
Congrats! Dandy buck!

07-Nov-13
Nice buck JTJ!

08-Nov-13

BigAl's embedded Photo
BigAl's embedded Photo
Tuesday afternoon, I was in the process of climbing with my LW at field edge when I saw two big bucks chasing a doe all around the field. She came my way as I hurriedly pulled up my bow and nocked an arrow. She came by, followed by a nice 8 pt. then this 180# 11 pt. The arrow entered his right side, through the top of the heart and out the other side. He went 50 yds. into the swale grass.

08-Nov-13
Very nice

08-Nov-13
Very nice

08-Nov-13
Awesome BigAl!!! I like hearing success stories like that!

08-Nov-13
Nice hit on him too.Keep em coming.

09-Nov-13

Since the time change its been difficult for me to get in my stand on time so I'm very thankful to be able to take this fat seven point in Chautauqua county.

09-Nov-13
Nice!!!

Hondo- real nice!

Thanks all.

09-Nov-13

bow shot's embedded Photo
bow shot's embedded Photo
So glad to see this guy beneath my stand! Nov 2nd.

Sorry about the face, I was born with it...

09-Nov-13
And I should say: Thank you Lord Jesus Christ for your kindness!

10-Nov-13
Amen and nice deer

14-Nov-13

14-Nov-13

RON's embedded Photo
RON's embedded Photo

14-Nov-13
SAT. 9 2013, GUILFORD NY

15-Nov-13
Nice buck Ron.... congrats!

15-Nov-13
THANKS POGO

17-Nov-13

T ZEKE's embedded Photo
T ZEKE's embedded Photo
Just getting back to my computer/home now that gun season has begun and I get the hell out of Dodge..lol Congrads to those who accept the challenge of bowhunting and making something harder than it has to be. You get it....that said there are some very nice deer taken. I am curious if any of the deer taken were seen prior or showed up on cameras before their demise ? Please share your experience...

I was fortunate enough to fill my tag on Oct. 22 so it "took the pressure off " for the remainder of the season . The shot was 34 yds at a walking/feeding deer and it was perfect double lunger, he ran 60 yds and expired. I was able to video it which made it all the sweeter, since I had to pass earlier opportunities because I was not able to coordinate camera and bow. (its like trying to shoot 2 bows lol). This buck dressed out at 163 (we weigh all our deer, no guesses) , which is a good size for our neck of the woods. 2nd photo is exit side and really seem to show his barrel chest. We have pictures of a dozen different bucks but he was not one of them. I guess he picked a bad day to take a walk out of his neighbor hood ..lol...Tom

17-Nov-13

T ZEKE's embedded Photo
T ZEKE's embedded Photo
here is exit side...Tom

17-Nov-13
Nice Tom! I had no pics of the buck I took. This was public ground and I didnt feel good about leaving cameras there.

17-Nov-13

hunterdad's embedded Photo
hunterdad's embedded Photo
second year hunting with the recurve. Shot this guy at 15 yards

19-Nov-13
Charlie I can't say I blame you about leaving cameras, always hear stories about theft. Hope you caught some stripers, heard they were getting some great action out east....Tom

19-Nov-13
Hunterdad- congrats!!!!!

Tom- never got a chance to fish. Did get to go sea duck hunting one afternoon that was fun. I cooked the one duck I shot......... Tasted, not so great. He he

19-Nov-13
charlie whats the long island update? Anything big come out of montauk yet?

20-Nov-13
We hunted for three days and we decided to try another piece of ground up west. There was no sign and not many sightings out there. The majority of the areas are so thick a deer could die of natural causes and never hit the ground. The ticks and chiggers were like I have never seen anywhere else.

21-Nov-13

Ace of Spades's embedded Photo
Got this buck 11/13. Rattled and grunted him in. Unit 7J Madison county.

Josh

21-Nov-13

Another picture, hole in his nasal passage from fighting?

21-Nov-13

Another, messed up nose!

21-Nov-13

Stream crossing

22-Nov-13
Josh, congrads on the buck and pics...I am not sure I would want to run into the Buck who inflicted that kind of damage..lol....Tom

07-Dec-13

Shot a big old girl this morning.

07-Dec-13
Very nice Terry,bow killed deer taste better than gun killed ones anyway.Good for you.

23-Dec-13

Ungie01201's embedded Photo

23-Dec-13

• Sitka Gear