MJH 28-Oct-13
Steve Leffler 28-Oct-13
Steve Leffler 28-Oct-13
Mike Castillo 30-Oct-13
VTer 02-Nov-13
06-Oct-13

1Badboy's embedded Photo
1Badboy's embedded Photo
Anyone having any sucess ? I took a small 1 1/2 yr old doe last night and will head back to NH to chase the big boys but its nice to have fresh venny and get the wife off my back for results ;) back to being a watcher ...

06-Oct-13
Nice hit. I have enjoyed some time in the woods but no deer yet.

06-Oct-13
Congrats on the doe. I'm still holding a tag. I had 2 does and a fawn come yesterday evening but they busted me on the draw.

07-Oct-13
Congrats 1BB. I was fortunate enough to take a doe Saturday night too. Dressed 110lbs clean.

07-Oct-13
Nice job, 1Bad ... great shot! I got drawn on a big doe in a group of 4 that came through Sunday morning, but the combination of low light (~6:30am, with heavy overcast) and her moving through trees prevented me from getting a shot. They had no clue I was there so hopefully I'll get another opportunity.

Good luck everyone!

07-Oct-13
funny you guys should mention the shot. She came in at 5:30 and I watched her for 15-20 minutes waiting for her to get in front of the trail cam to see if I could get some pics of the kill but wind switched and in all that time never got in front of the cam. She got nervous and was feeding off so I decided now was the time , around 17 yards and I thought I absolutely smoked her...she runs off and i can see her walking slow at about 40 yards and loose sight and sound of her and didn't hear her go down so I gave it 15 minutes. Got down and checked the arrow and didn't like what I saw so I back out , no blood on arrow just clear liquid and slight smell of guts. It didn't make sense because she was , what I thought , broadside but her head and butt were twisted... Waited for a buddy and we went in and little drops of blood for first 50 yards (was getting nervous and starting to lose confidence in what I thought was a good shot) , then the floodgates opened and it was a BLOOD trail for another 30-40 yards and dead deer and smoked like I thought...arrow came out just enough back to puncture the diaphragm and slice the paunch and that must be what cleaned the arrow. Never in my life have I seen a shot like that and not a drop of blood on the arrow , crazy !

After seeing the arrow I was worried that somehow the broadhead malfunctioned or something

07-Oct-13
Sounds like you and I had a similar experience. Mine was a 20yd shot, heard the crack of ribs, and heard her crash out of sight. She had another deer with her that kept going (same direction), so I couldn't tell if she had got up or not. Checked the arrow to find very little blood, but plenty of stinky clear liquid with some fiberous stuff on it. Backed out for 3 hours, and found her within a half hour of tracking. She made it 100yds straight line from the stand. Looking at the angle of the entrance and exit holes she was quarted to, when I thought she was mostly broadside. I knew I hit her a little back b/c she took a step just as I hit the trigger. Ended up breaking one rib, hitting the back of one lung, diaphram, liver, and guts.

07-Oct-13
yep pretty much same as me ...you can see the entrance in the above pic and the exit was like last rib , just got out of the diaphram and sliced the paunch. Her body was contorted with her head and butt bent so I assume thats what happened with the angle and guts must have plugged the exit , so no blood until her chest cavity filled to the entrance . Hard to believe with the shot she'd have made it that far and with that little blood. Arrow entered slicing off a top piece of where the heart connects , one lung and slicing the other...but when she starting bleeding , oh boy ! Farthest I've had one make it in awhile so it made me nervous but those rages did it again

08-Oct-13
Thank you for the detailed account of the hit. You don't know how they will react after the shot. Some simply fold while others run away.

08-Oct-13
That body twisting has caused me issues in the past, too. They look broadside, but if they're head is off to one side the whole body wraps up and changes things quite a bit. It really is amazing how this is a game of inches.

19-Oct-13

Steve Leffler's embedded Photo
Steve Leffler's embedded Photo
Took this nice doe this morning. 100 lbs exactly. Actually saw a good number of deer from the stand for a change. They were moving well this am. Been pretty slow for me so I was really happy to get her.

20-Oct-13
Nice Steve !

20-Oct-13
Steve, great job!

21-Oct-13
Good job Steve, congrats.

21-Oct-13
Nice Steve. Where have you been finding them, acorns, apples?

21-Oct-13
She actually came out of a clover field. I haven't seen many deer in the acorns or apples. There are so many apples on the ground that I think they really aren't moving much. I have sat on an oak ridge a number of evenings and only saw a wandering doe once. This deer was with at least 5 others and came out of the field.

21-Oct-13
I ran into Bones yesterday and he showed me some pics from Illinois, all I can say is WOW!!!!

23-Oct-13
Over 30 hours on stand and I have only seen one button buck. On a positive note, there have been some nice rubs showing up in my hunting area (gotta make myself feel better somehow).

24-Oct-13
I shot a 106 lb. Doe on Tuesday evening. Coyotes got into her... Chewed tail off and into butt hole and her nose all the way to her eyes. No meat wasted...

24-Oct-13

Ed Earle's embedded Photo
Pic of my Doe

24-Oct-13

Pic of my Doe

24-Oct-13
Congrats Ed. Well done. Steve

25-Oct-13
Good job Longdraw!

25-Oct-13
Congrats Ed!

26-Oct-13
Congrats guys! It was a tough year for a lot of people.

26-Oct-13

Mike Castillo's embedded Photo
Mike Castillo's embedded Photo
Finally killed one tonight. Was unsure of the shot, as it looked good but it seemed there was almost no penetration. Found the arrow, broadhead broken off, with blood about 10" on the shaft. Backed out and took my boys to the haunted forest. Went out few hours later, picked up a steady blood trail to a very dead deer. Arrow entered perfectly, and when I found her the tip of the broadhead was sticking out her elbow. She must have had her offside leg back, and the broadhead just stopped. My 7 year olds first blood trail, he loved it!

27-Oct-13
Great job Mike, love the look on his face!

28-Oct-13
Congrats Mike, nice doe. Your boy looks nothing like you.

28-Oct-13
Congrats Mike. Great pic. Way to hang in there!

28-Oct-13
Congrats Mike. Great pic. Way to hang in there!

30-Oct-13
Matt, thanks...Unfortunately he got my looks instead of my wifes! Thanks Steve...

02-Nov-13
Nice doe Mike....good job involving the new generation

• Sitka Gear