soapdish 14-Oct-13
CTCrow 15-Oct-13
CTCrow 15-Oct-13
Paul 15-Oct-13
09-Oct-13

CTCrow's embedded Photo
CTCrow's embedded Photo
NO, not that beaver.

I need someone that didn't grow up eating beaver(genus Castor) to tell me what it tastes like.

09-Oct-13
They use it for bear bait so i would say not to good let me know .

09-Oct-13
Personally, I like it with the fur removed.

09-Oct-13
I meant the beaver with the flat tail. Like in the picture.

09-Oct-13
If I remember correctly it taste like fish.

09-Oct-13
Ok I know has this sounds but' beaver tail meat is good it's very rich and fatty. It's also what keep many of the first settlers fed out west in the winter. I have never had the meat from any where else.

09-Oct-13
Yah I guess you could say that

09-Oct-13

09-Oct-13
well, now we are talking about eating tail. I was just talking about beaver. I guess it's close enough you might as well.

09-Oct-13
Not bad with lots of ketchup!!! I tried some beaver once at a game diner, and it tasted like crap!!!

09-Oct-13
if it tasted like crap you might've gone too far back.

I'll try ketchup with the next beaver.

09-Oct-13
All too funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

09-Oct-13
dont worry once you get buy the smell you have it licked,You guys are too bad

09-Oct-13
All kidding aside, and its hilarious, I make "Beaver beans" for our game dinner each year and its the first dish to go empty. I debone and degland, marinate in teriyaki, brown sugar and worchestershire overnight. Then add beans, onion, green pepper, bbq sauce, beaver meat and mix. I layer bacon on top and cook for several hours at a low temp. DELICIOUS!!!

09-Oct-13
I saw a trapper that was grilling one but he grew up eating it. So I wanted to know what it tasted like for people that didn't grow up eating it.

I plan to one day live in Vermont and trap and hunt for sustenance. I would hate to kill something (other than yotes) just for fur and not eat it so I wanted to know the taste.

09-Oct-13
LMAO. You guys are bad.

10-Oct-13
Save a tree, eat a beaver...anyway in all seriousness they are supposed to b very tasty...however, you must make sure you cook the meat thoroughly because they are a known carrier of trichinosis...more so than a pig...please be careful and cook thoroughly

10-Oct-13
so, you don't eat beaver raw like you would a clam?

12-Oct-13
I trap them and really like to eat them. Very important, you must remove the castor glands or the whole batch is ruined. I have a great recipe if anyone is interested. Send a pm

12-Oct-13
I went to a game dinner last year and they had it pickled then cooked in a roasting pan and every bit of it went. I didnt try it but a couple of guys in my group did and they said it was not bad. Well not bad to me means not to good either.At the end of the night some big ol drunk guy grabbed the head and ripped it off the carcass and was munching on the cheek meat like a mad man.

13-Oct-13
This thread is Halarious!

14-Oct-13

CTCrow's embedded Photo
CTCrow's embedded Photo

14-Oct-13
Oh man.

14-Oct-13
It might be time to put the beaver back in the box. It's been having a lot play time.

15-Oct-13

CTCrow's embedded Photo
CTCrow's embedded Photo

15-Oct-13
LMAO

15-Oct-13

Paul's embedded Photo
Paul's embedded Photo
I just had my wife read thus post she found it as funny as we do, now that a good wife.

• Sitka Gear