Pintail 16-Oct-13
Stan NJ 19-Oct-13
Elkman52 20-Oct-13
Jack Harris 20-Oct-13
Chip T. 20-Oct-13
11-Oct-13

kingtrout's embedded Photo
kingtrout's embedded Photo
good action finally !saw 11 deer from treestand and 1 was a nice 1 1/2 old 8pt buck!also jumped 3 going to stand!and had a doe watch me climb the tree!please report what your seeing!ps picture is a deer i named baby norma a piebald i have not seen this deer since march thanks

11-Oct-13
Yesterday I had great action, in an area that had zero deer sightings in like 7 consecutive hunts. I think about 10 total, 2 1.5 yr old bucks came in before dark and grunted and pushed the does around.

Tonight - different spot, fresh cut cornfield, blew 12 deer off it at 4:30 walking in, but most came back and watched 7 feed all night, 3 1.5 yr old bucks and 4 does.

I have yet to see a buck older than 1.5, very disappointing so far.

16-Oct-13
I have been seeing deer every time out. Problem is the ones that close the gap are too small and the ones I want to poke a hole in are too far. Patience

19-Oct-13
I've passed up 5 different bucks this past week...the biggest being a 2 1/2 year old 8 pointer that went around 90 inches. I was very tempted but held off...didn't want to hunt next week with no buck tag. The others were 2 spikes, a 4 ptr and a 6.

20-Oct-13
My buddy had 3 small bucks bothering a doe all morning I saw zip in 2 morning hunts.We did see 3 dead bucks on 78 in a 5 mile stretch including one mature 8pt they weren;t there yesterday!

20-Oct-13
similar here Stan -passed a 2.5 yr old 8pt last night, maybe 100" tops. Seeing a young dink each hunt, sometimes 3 or 4. A small 4pt this morning. Don't know at this point if I will see anything older this year, but the rut has a way of changing that.

20-Oct-13
The boys are starting to get a bit horney. Had a real nice 8 point standing just off the road this AM as I went for my coffee. Unfortunately, he is standing in an area where a lot of his buddies get nailed by cars crossing the road. I hope he is safe as he is not to far from my spot. Things should open up this week with the cold weather.

• Sitka Gear