iHuntOregonDOu 03-Dec-13
OregonBowman 03-Dec-13
RJ Hunt 04-Dec-13
BlacktailBowhunter 06-Dec-13
RJ Hunt 07-Dec-13
RJ Hunt 10-Dec-13
POWMAK 04-Jan-14
13-Oct-13
Hey guys, let's get this started early this year.

Anyone want to volunteer to be the guy that receives the money?

14-Oct-13
Im gonna stay out of it this year. Maybe that will help change my luck. 26days to go. Good luck everyone.

29-Oct-13
I don't want to hold all the $ but would like to play.

03-Nov-13
I would like to play as well, and would be happy to send the money, just prefer not holding it.

03-Nov-13
What do you guys think about having a contest where you must sign up prior to your season starting and having no money change hands.

Basically the same rules without the money involved.

That way people can play, but they can not come on late and enter their buck after the fact.

So for Southern boys it would be Nov. 9 and Northern boys Nov. 15.

We would need judges too.

What do you think?

05-Nov-13
What about sitka blacktail being included in the contest beings that no money will change hands? Would not want one of these little bucks taking your money. LOL

05-Nov-13
I'm in. No need for money. I'm up north.

06-Nov-13
I'm up north and would also like to be in

07-Nov-13
I am in southern ore. would like to be in, thanks

11-Nov-13
In up north and would like to be in.

12-Nov-13
I'm north and in...

13-Nov-13
Think it would have been pretty cool to send a few dollars in and buy a trophy for the winner. Saying something like, 2013 late season blacktail Bowsite winner. Just throwing it out there.

26-Nov-13
Wow ! I remember when there would be 30 plus guys in the contest.

Things sure have changed.

26-Nov-13
We need a couple of judges. That is if anyone ever kills one LOL. My boys are still almost completely nocturnal. The 20 degree weather next week should change that.

27-Nov-13
I know Willie, where's San, TK and the others...

28-Nov-13
BlacktailBowhunter---I have the same thing going on here--- Buck pictures at night but have only seen one buck in the daylight and that was 10 days ago. Only 3 days left!!!

28-Nov-13
Bernie, I have 10 days left and the weather is going to finally turn on Dec. 1st and go into the 20's all week. I think they will start showing early and late.

03-Dec-13
I've been seeing good bucks every hunt, only at a fast distance. I can't seem to get one to come to a call. Have you guys had any success calling/rattling? IIHUNTOREGONDOU

03-Dec-13

OregonBowman's Link
ihunt, I was able to use combination of rattling and grunt call to bring in my buck which I posted in the progress forum.

04-Dec-13
This has been the most difficult season I have had in years to find bucks. I have a few more days but don't have much hope. We will see.

06-Dec-13
RJ Hunt,

I agree. I have had several bucks on cam nocturnal. I thought it was going to be a snap. LOL. Blacktails are kicking my buck. I have had a few pretty cool evenings where several does and adolescents were at my setup. I had 6 deer in front of me at one time last Tuesday.

Best of luck.

07-Dec-13
I stirred up a good three point today but he would only let me get to 81 yards. Couldn't close the gap. I am on it the next two days. We will see what happens. They are there I just can't get them to move under my tree during daylight so I am after them on foot.... Advantage blacktail.

10-Dec-13
Man boys that was a tough late season. I ended up taking a doe on Sunday to prevent tag soup. Been a while since i had to resort to shooting does. Hope you all did better with finding bucks.

04-Jan-14
What happened to the contest? I am sure there were at least a couple bucks killed.????

• Sitka Gear