Bowhunter0132 14-Oct-13
bigblue23 14-Oct-13
Bowhunter0132 15-Oct-13
Bowhunter0132 22-Oct-13
Shuteye 01-Nov-13
Shuteye 01-Nov-13
Shuteye 01-Nov-13
14-Oct-13
I have only seen 1 buck and he was too far out to really tell, but my buddy says he saw a small 4 point with his backside chewed up a little bit, like he had gotten his butt kicked by a larger buck. Anyone else seeing signs of pre-rut activity? I'm wondering if it's time to go some soft grunts and/or rattling. Seems a bit early, but last years rut hit really early in my area.

14-Oct-13
I have only seen 1 buck and he was too far out to really tell, but my buddy says he saw a small 4 point with his backside chewed up a little bit, like he had gotten his butt kicked by a larger buck. Anyone else seeing signs of pre-rut activity? I'm wondering if it's time to go some soft grunts and/or rattling. Seems a bit early, but last years rut hit really early in my area.

14-Oct-13
I actually herd the bucks i seen grunt a few times. Last week. No sign of chasing yet. But I've always had luck around halloween up to about nov 12 or so. I shot an 8 pt last year nov 6 and he was looking for does I. Used my estrus can twice and it brought him charging right to me as if he was on a string....

15-Oct-13
I'm going to try a little light grunting this weekend to see if I can draw any bucks in. Might even try a little light rattling.. but very lightly to make it sound like a sparring match.

22-Oct-13
I was driving thru north Hampstead last night and saw 2 big bucks (1 was freakishly big.. I would guess over 200 pounds and huge rack) and both had extremely swollen necks. I would venture to say the rut is all but here. Right now is the time to grunt/rattle. Best of luck to all!

01-Nov-13
Scraps and rubs every place. The rut will be in full swing in one to two weeks. Delaware shotgun season is always during the rut, never fails and it opens in two weeks. The does have chased off all their button buck fawns.

So when you see that single deer coming through the woods,make sure it isn't a button buck. There will be a lot of ground shrinkage after you shoot it.

01-Nov-13
Double post removed.

01-Nov-13

Shuteye's embedded Photo
Shuteye's embedded Photo
Look closely and you can see a button buck nibbling leaves. I took this picture yesterday morning from my ground blind.

• Sitka Gear