mosshead 28-Oct-13
Troutguide 30-Oct-13
TONTO 30-Oct-13
squirrelsticker1 30-Oct-13
Atschimolsin 30-Oct-13
Lightning 31-Oct-13
BKFVR 06-Nov-13
16-Oct-13
No results posted on the site yet. Anyone hear anything or have any luck? Will be hunting hominy next weekend. i'll have a blue eureka tent and a toyota corolla if anyone else is there and wants to swap lies...lol. Will be my 7th time there, so I can tell you where not to hunt. :)

16-Oct-13
I talked to one of the hunt coordinators yesterday and said there have been no Pope& Young bucks killed yet. Think he said 8 bucks and 13 does last week. They are giving return tags if you harvest a doe however he said they decide it on a week to week basis. Also said all hunts are ON unless something changes on the 17th with the government furlough. I will be hunting 25-27 in Deer Creek.You have any pointers for Deer Creek?

22-Oct-13
Deer creek for me too 25-27. Still no clue where we'll end up. Me and one other guy in party.

22-Oct-13
Razorsharp, sent you pm

23-Oct-13
Headed to the land of the giants in 1 hour and counting!!! Can't wait for sunrise Friday! Look forward to meeting you Razorsharp.

23-Oct-13
On the road about an hour more till I check in. Can't wait!!!

23-Oct-13
Be there in the am. Too much to do at home tonite.

brian

23-Oct-13
Be there in the am. Too much to do at home tonite.

brian

23-Oct-13
Packing up right now! Headed down in the morning staying in the cabins. Can't wait weather wil be good and hear tell the persimmons are as thick as the acorns.

24-Oct-13
latest results for the last two weeks is 15 bucks 27 does. there isn't any pictures for this posted as of today goodluck to any and all that get to go.

24-Oct-13
Had to come back in to work in Muskogee this afternoon after the briefing this am. Buddies are hanging my stand today. Will move it tomorrow if needed. Will be back around 9 tonight. Camped over by the playground if anyone wants to bs. Silver Corolla and blue/silver Eureka tent, next to a cabelas tipi.

Pinned out in the spot we wanted so I got some shots from google maps of the area (one good thing about coming back in). Looks like a good area.

Good luck everyone this weekend if you are checking on mobile.

26-Oct-13
I heard from a friend that as of yesterday it was about 15 bucks and ten does taken.... with no real brutes falling to an arrow yet. However; cooler temps and shortening daylight hours should have them moving better with each week of the hunts. Really looking forward to my hunts on Nov 8 - 9 - 10!

27-Oct-13
Should be great 8 9 10! Never saw a shooter except on the side of the road by campground. It was tough!

Good to meet you Troutguide and Mosshead!

27-Oct-13
Just does...one shot in our group. One biggun on the side of the road too.

28-Oct-13
What is the acorn crop like this year?

28-Oct-13
It seems like from the lack of Pope and Youngs posted this year that they were either all taken last year or we are in store for a huge catch up time during the next few weeks. By this time last year there had already been around 8 P&Y taken. I'm headed there this weekend and I'm excited to be going to a new area. Never been to Hominy before.

28-Oct-13
Had a great hunt, nothing harvested but had a huge 8 point come in close but I made noise and spooked him. Great experience though. Missed a doe twice the last day at 30 and 40 yards! Lost my quality pass! Had a good time with Razorsharp and Troutguide! Look forward to my next hunt! The potential there is worth the wait!

30-Oct-13
According those in the know, the big bucks are there just not moving yet. There is an abundance of browse and the deer need not move to feed. Posts oaks were not dropping acorns yet so isolated stands should be prime when they do. Other oaks have very sparse acorns. The doe and small bucks are out in the fields most of the day if conditions are good. Hunt near the roads and find the travel corridors to the fields and you should have deer pass by. Big bucks just were not moving yet so you later guys are in for a heck of a hunt I would expect. I think the rut is going to be intense when it starts. It was a good time but frustrating as I hunted post oaks the first day and they were loaded but not dropping yet. Deer moved well for others that day and I was out if the game. I moved but the deer didn't the rest if the weekend. Good luck all! Back to the draw for me next year.

Troutguide

30-Oct-13
Had a friend that hunted there last weekend. He said that the area of Deer Creek that he hunted was not a good spot for him and his group. They said the area was so thick, brushy and vast, that the deer were everywhere but nowhere. There were very few pronounced trails that showed heavy use, but numerous trails that led everywhere. The deer weren't moving much, and they saw the fewest deer they have ever seen? I think he said he saw 4 deer total! However; he did miss a bruiser when his arrow nicked a limb. This guy has tagged out on nice bucks the last few times he has drawn out at Mcalester, and he said that almost everyone he talked to in the Deer Creek area were a lil disappointed in the number of deer they saw. However; he said the guys in Boggy and Hominy that they talked too had really good deer sightings. One guy actually shot and lost all 6 arrows in his quiver one day! LOL! That would have been a FUN DAY!!!!!

30-Oct-13
I saw a bachelor group of nice eight points Friday am 10/25, had a small spike almost walk right up to me when I checked out the trail they were using. Put a bad shot on a doe Friday afternoon, never saw another deer all weekend. There were lots of acorns in the area I was hunting and lots of deer sign, I think I just made too much disturbance that first day. Still, it's an awesome hunt and i'd take it any time!

30-Oct-13
Headed to MCAAP. Looking forward to a great weekend.

31-Oct-13
I guess I'll make sure I have a full quiver of arrows. That's funny but I think many of us would would have to admit we've been there!

06-Nov-13
I just checked the ODWC website for Big Mac, What a difference a week makes 5 new bucks on the leaderboard all new pics. I think I only spotted 1 whitehat posing. looks like they are rutting in that part now total for last 22 bucks to 7 ladies. that almost brings it to 50-50 hoping this weekend is the ticket myself goodluck to all, be safe in the woods.

• Sitka Gear